The Outer Worlds (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Spacer's Choice Edition releasing March 7, 2023)

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Is this game better than Fallout 4?

I would say it's about equal.

bruh i just made my character and this shyt already putting fallout to shame...this just proves these nikkas could make a fallout game with better graphica...nikkas been half assing this whole time :hhh:

It's better than 76 and tied with 4 but better than New Vegas and F3? Not a chance.

I was waiting til the price drop but reading these comments got me :lupe:

Wait until the price drop.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Bug story.

I was talking to the red hair girl and noticed a bug where P was climbing absolutely nothing in the background

We were in the kitchen

Then right after I'm done

I get a message that I failed a quest and she was killed--she was still availbale to walk through that ship town, tho, but I could do the drinking quest

Went to an earlier save and did the mission and came back and did the talk with the red head, again

Great mission

This game really reminds me of NV

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
This game really is the shyt. First time I've felt like focusing on sidequests in an open world game in a while - the planet hopping is keeping things fresh as fukk

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I was disappointed with Fallout 4. Since you said about equal Fallout 4 got me :patrice:

I'm waiting to see other dudes opinion.

I didn't like FO4 either...I say they are tied because they both do things great but both miss the mark on modernizing FO3 and FNV. What TOW gets right are the RPG elements, the environments, and some of the characters but falls flat in the same place as FO4 with dull quests that don't really allow you to craft your own narrative. To TOW's credit, it does give a little bit more control because even though iy gives you a problem and the pre-defined solution, it often allows you to get to the solution however you wish. For example:

Problem: I need to enter the Starboard Galactic Realm to get the Hypercore Cylinder but I need a Macguffin Landing Pass.
Solution: Get Macguffin landing pass.
  • Option 1: Pay 10k for one.
  • Option 2: Do some work to earn macgufffin pass
  • Option 3: Sneak to the Galactic Realm
So instead of the choice being to not even get the Hypercore Cylinder period which creates a fork in the storyline, the choice is "how do you want to get the macguffin" which feels empty because you are not affecting the story. This is a step up from FO4 which didn't even present these options most of the time but it's a far cry from missions where your choices actually forced the story to take another direction. The very first mission gives you a taste of your choices having real world impacts but right after that it goes into streamlined fetch quest mania and doesn't let up. It gets so bad that you get a main quest that says "go to X and talk to Y" when you get to X and talk to Y a new objective is created and it says "Go to Z and pick up A and return it to Y". Some of this has branched out so far that I forgot what the whole freaking mission was supposed to be in the first place.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This game feels like Fallout 4 if they put in all of New Vegas's game mechanics which is what it should have been. It's a much better written game than Fallout 4 for sure. The quest do lack in variety as far as what to do, but I can let it go because there are many different ways to acheive the same goal. You can sneak and steal what you need, talk your way through it, hack your way through it, buy your way through it, or old fashioned fight your way through it.

These worlds don't really feel all that unique though, although the companion quests are very interesting.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:beli: Parvati :beli:

So Parvati is a full-on dyke? Not even bi so I can get some? :beli:

bytch pouring her feelings out for Jun and I'm just sitting here like :beli:

My man Felix looking at me with the side-eye :mjcry:

I did all that shyt on Edgewater cause I was trying to get in them pants, girl

Not set you up with some dirty factory worker :beli:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC

Got a nikka going all across the galaxy and shyt...I was hot. Got tired of hearing that game goofy broad over analyze every single thing.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Parvati comes off like her p*ssy would be wack as fukk anyway. Nyoka and Ellie them broads got ISSUES, I bet they p*ssy have you leaving them voicemails threatening to kill they ass then calling back 10 minutes later apologizing. :noah:

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

Got a nikka going all across the galaxy and shyt...I was hot. Got tired of hearing that game goofy broad over analyze every single thing.
You can't romance anyone in the game :russ: you can help your crew members get laid but you can't get laid yourself