The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This third episode is asking moral questions and dealing with social issues and quandaries. Yeah they sold this show wrong because it’s not a comedy at all. It’s legitimate sci-fi. And I like it :obama:
They definitely marketed it all wrong.
From the way the show was pushed I went into it expecting a Galaxy Quest/SPaceballs mash-up but this is mostly a non-Trek Star Trek show.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't think this show would delve into such material. I like that they had that usual hero testimony that sways the jury and Dave's the day, yet this time it didn't work. This is some real Trek.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never watched an episode of Star Trek in my life.

If I watch this I guess it's pointless bc I won't understand the jokes or spoofs
Don't think you need to have seen any star trek to enjoy this. Star trek has always been about real dilemmas and our place in the universe morality and ethics when dealing with the universe. This is actually well done as a star trek type show.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: @ A/V Club calling this the best episode yet while Indie Wire called it the worst.

This was the best episode I thought. A real world dilemma that was handled well. Surprised they were able to keep balance and not really judge either side, while giving real arguments to both sides of the issue. I also like the way they made this actually be a big issue. They really could have made the baby's sex something that was a silly write off, but they tackled it head on.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode three was surprisingly good. By far the best episode yet. Don't know how Bortus and Klyden stay together after this, but the reveal at the end was very well handled, especially since it didn't sway the jury in at the end. And the comedic parts weren't as over-the-top as they were in the pilot.

fukk it, I'm sold on this show now. I like it quite a bit.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
I've never watched a full episode of star trek. Enjoying this so far, gonna keep watching. The sci-fi and comedy balance each other out. Going full tilt one way or the other wouldn't have worked as well.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show has continued to impress me over the last three episodes. The comedy has been toned down and works a lot better now, and this episode had real heart and intrigue. I like all of these characters, and I'm actually interested more in this universe. I hope people don't write it off just because the pilot was terrible.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
this ep reminded me a lot of the voyager premier, especially with the farm/country motif. Issac also be sounding like a Data version of the EMH...his voice sounds like Robert Picardo