The old king can’t let go, the bird queen is a bimbo, Imperial limbo ain’t so simple: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
DO NOT TRADE #17 pick. our scouts are elite we will draft a serviceable player on cheap contract.
Last time we gave up a pick like this was the Danny Green for Dennis trade, that pick could have been Desmond Bane :francis:hopefully they focus on drafting, a lot of solid players in this draft.

Also I read this team is interested in Brook Lopez, one of the biggest Magic fukkups was letting Brook walk and he was willing to sign for vet min :snoop:perfect big next to AD/Bron.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Last time we gave up a pick like this was the Danny Green for Dennis trade, that pick could have been Desmond Bane :francis:hopefully they focus on drafting, a lot of solid players in this draft.

Also I read this team is interested in Brook Lopez, one of the biggest Magic fukkups was letting Brook walk and he was willing to sign for vet min :snoop:perfect big next to AD/Bron.
The good news is LA is probably the best contending type team that would offer him the full mid-level or a little more. With the new luxury tax rules, I don't think any of the other teams will. The punishment is just too severe.

That's part of why I think DLo is really gonna get squeezed in free agency and probably a lot of role players. Team flexibility evaporates once you hit that second apron. You can't overpay role players anymore and get away with it.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lottery lock at this point IMO
Damn

Crazy what a combine and pro day can do for you

:francis:

My top picks:

Jordan Hawkins
Jett Howard
Lively if he’s available
Cason Wallace
Leonard Miller(he gives me better Vando vibes which scares me, his lack of shooting worries me)

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Damn

Crazy what a combine and pro day can do for you

:francis:

My top picks:

Jordan Hawkins
Jett Howard
Lively if he’s available
Cason Wallace
Leonard Miller(he gives me better Vando vibes which scares me, his lack of shooting worries me)
I kinda had him up as a possibility for OKC, but his pro day combined with GG Jackson looking winded after 10 minutes caused a shift

Cason Wallace, if Washington has the chance to pick him and doesn't, they're idiots.

Hawkins is the safest pick.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
If we’re honest, I think we all knew it would be like this when Bron signed. You can’t bring two diametrically opposed stanbases and expect them to get along. For me, if it’s just catty little bullshyt then whatever I’ll just laugh it off. Thankfully things never got too out of control between each side.

With that said, it would be nice if everyone could just talk about the team and leave the other critiques at the door. We been at it for years now, at some point the shyt should move forward.

Bron Stans, yall can’t separate Kobe or his Stans from “real Laker fans” because they are one and the same. Y’all can’t be up in the threads claiming that longtime Laker posters aren’t real fans when they had to go through the lean times during Kobe’s twilight years and after. Especially considering how transient of a player Bron was. Kobe stans, we gotta accept that LeBron is a Laker and his stans are gonna be all up in the thread for better or worse so maybe turn down the trolling a little and they might just shut the fukk up and talk basketball.

Or don’t do that, ima find it funny either way tho all this shyt for leisure I ain’t gettin worked up over it :pachaha:
@Rhakim would agree that I haven’t said much but I’ll tone it down if needed

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
The key thing to contention (besides health) will be getting rid of DLO and adding another asset. maybe Kyrie :ehh:
It really only took 3 posts into the thread for someone to actually mention Kyrie.

Come on. These are the same dudes who were saying ”Get Westbrook” and were then complaining.

Besides that pure magic he showed in that Warriors-Cavs dream comeback, it’s been nothing but drama with Kyrie:

Celtics: couldn’t lead his own team
Nets: too many issues to name (Covid)
Mavs: terrible fit

So… does anyone REALLY want to get rid of Reaves and Rui to get Kyrie?

2 players who do their job and contribute with 0 distractions or negative press? No.

We all love and respect Kyrie, but he can bring confusion and distraction and this whole “what did I do?” attitude elsewhere.

Lakers will be all about chips in 2023-24.

We should be talking about trading AD… or at least moving him to the PF.

:ufdup:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Every team in the league passed on Bane, big stretch to assume the Lakers would have picked him up. The fact that he became an elite all-around baller with those T-Rex arms still doesn't even seem real to me. If breh grew a fro his jump shot probably wouldn't even be able to clear it.

AP21292055186834.jpg

desmond-bane-768x432.jpg

Imagine how wildly different this year would have gone with Lopez at the 5.

1. Great floor spreader

2. No need for the Thomas Bryant layup line

3. AD and Bron both play far less at the 5

4. Potentially get to rest AD/Bron more during the regular season, allowing them more time to heal from injury or maybe even not get injured in the first place

5. Fewer minutes for Bron and AD in the postseason, allowing them to be fresher to close games and have fewer off games

6. Fewer really stupid playoff lineups that either have no defense around Bron or no shooting around Bron

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Find out what you can get for AD first then shoot DLO out of a cannon.

Pay/keep Reeves and Rui

Be mediocre next year. Then throw a bag at Melo and hope Charlotte won’t match. Sign Miles Bridges so he can be entertaining catching lobs so Melo has a buddy.

This plan sounds amazing if you just wait a little bit. I 100% support the Lakers building around LaMelo after Bron retires. :myman: