The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You guys think Rare will ever drop Kameo 2; a new Conker, or Banjo, or are they in the bushes?
Rare got demoted pretty hard. seems highly unlikely they ever come back from being a Kinect team. i mean they didn't even get Killer Instinct.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Rare got demoted pretty hard. seems highly unlikely they ever come back from being a Kinect team. i mean they didn't even get Killer Instinct.

MS fukked them over.

From making games like DKC and the like to bullshyt Kinect games.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Shinji Mikami, creator of Resident Evil, currently working on the last game he’ll direct – The Evil Within – says “There’s no real difference between them,” when referring to Sony and Microsoft’s next generation machines in this month’s Edge magazine.

“We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical.

“So either will do.”

The Evil Within is set to release on both of these next generation consoles, as well as the current generation PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as PC at some point next year.

It’s refreshing to head a developer as esteemed as Mikami describe them this way, and gives us confidence that the next generation is going to be excellent, with plenty of incredible titles on both machines, without too much of a compromise when it comes to multiplatform games. Hopefully this means we won’t be seeing a similar situation to Skyrim on PS3.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10...r-says-ps4-and-xbox-one-are-almost-identical/

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Actually, Rare has earned that money back that Microsoft has spent on them. What they do nowadays, in addition to their own games, is technical stuff to assist in games. Recent Forzas have used Rare technology as has Lionhead.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Actually, Rare has earned that money back that Microsoft has spent on them. What they do nowadays, in addition to their own games, is technical stuff to assist in games. Recent Forzas have used Rare technology as has Lionhead.
what own games? Kinect games? Sony doesn't treat Naughty Dog like Rare gets treated. Nintendo doesn't treat Retro like that. Those studios get to pick what they wanna work on. Rare gets Kinect games.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
what own games? Kinect games? Sony doesn't treat Naughty Dog like Rare gets treated. Nintendo doesn't treat Retro like that. Those studios get to pick what they wanna work on. Rare gets Kinect games.

If they were on Nintendo still, it wouldn't be a full on Kinect like experience, but they would. Rare is the best technical developer that they have. Microsoft could have leveraged them a lot better overall, but they have done reasonably well with them.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need to do something with Rare like make a new conker or something fukk make a good game. I loved Conker and to see it go to waste because it's on different territory now is sad.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Bruh, Rare out the GATE had Perfect Dark 0 and Kameo, both flopped :stopitslime:
They made a decent Banjo game, but it still flopped.
they made Kinect Sports and its one of the highest selling games in RARE history
They also designed these fakkit ass avatars we use on Xblocks. I believe but am not sure, that they had a hand in the new design
What I know for SURE is RARE is back to making games again as well as Kinect sports and another Kinect title
Banjo is one, but they said they had 2 other non kinect IP's they was gonna drop soon.

We discussed this stuff back around March, you can google it I guess. Know ya know bruh...

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
the only Rare franchise I want them to bring back is Jet Force Gemini. Killer Instinct is in good hands, Banjo and Conker don't really care cuz I don't really fukk with those types of games anymore, Perfect Dark - we got enough first person shooters all around, and all their earlier titles like Battletoads, I don't care for a reboot.

if they are gonna do anything, they should try their hand at a new IP or give me my damn JFG sequel:damn:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
the only Rare franchise I want them to bring back is Jet Force Gemini. Killer Instinct is in good hands, Banjo and Conker don't really care cuz I don't really fukk with those types of games anymore, Perfect Dark - we got enough first person shooters all around, and all their earlier titles like Battletoads, I don't care for a reboot.

if they are gonna do anything, they should try their hand at a new IP or give me my damn JFG sequel:damn:
I found the article I seen recently...
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/27/rares-old-ips-could-be-rebooting-on-xbox-one-kinect/
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/27/rares-old-ips-could-be-rebooting-on-xbox-one-kinect/
I'd be skeptical if another company was doing it, but RARE damn near invented the Kinect so this PD they talking about should be :gladbron:
Imagine throwing a grenade and it moves thru the level just like the bowling ball moves in kinect sports :wow:
There's a war going on INSIDE no man is safe from :blessed:
(We bout to really be throwing grenades yo)