The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It's not irrelevant to those who want the best media hub possible. I have already provided examples as to why it's great for his needs and not your ramblings about how it failed in the market. I have already debated about this for years with @MeachTheMonster and @PS4 you aren't saying anything new. My cloud thread broke all this down.

Listen I understand you console cats are willing to compromise here and there, but you are literally talking about a $50 investment at this point. Get the Kinect, cover the camera lens if you are freaked out about it being "on" and keep it moving. If your internet connection starts acting up for any reason Cortana is non-functional.

Saying "XBOX" do whatever is also better than saying "Hey Cortana" before anything else...then have it pause to search your query online and then execute the command.

It's $50.
I agree, but since I'm in the dashboard beta program I use it :shaq2: And I have a few things to say about Cortana..

1.) You are incorrect about her not working in sleep mode. I tell her "Hey Cortana, go to sleep... yes" and it shuts off, or "Hey Cortana, Xbox on" and it cuts on. And not only has it done this all along, but it does the "xbox on" part WAAAAAAY better than without Cortana. The "xbox on" command has improved since launch, but was always an issue for "others". I could freak it, but if you asked someone else to do it then it becomes a problem at times.

Everything else you said about Cortana for the most part is true... BUT,

2.) Cortana has improved Alot since the launch of that app. And if you go into learning how to use her? There is new stuff added all the time. She really covers everything to the point she cannot be denied. Just has to be learned all over again :blessed: And she is now much faster. "Hey Cortana, Volume up" and it goes up in about the same speed as the xbox, volume up command.

The problem with these commands overall is its not working as well as they promised. It does enough well to warrant usage, but they claimed over loud noises in your home it could decipher your voice over all the other noise. Be a fan, or the TV being too loud.. Kinect has these sensors that can detect your voice. Once in every 25 attempts that may be true, but for the most part? You can't have a home theater blasting and use Kinect. At launch we could because Kinect had gesture controls as well, but decided to ditch them once Cortana released :wtf:

Cortana will work flawlessly by the end of this year by my estimates, she improves with each update. Kinect's future on xbox seems bleak to me unless it can assist the VR boom (which I think it can) Xbox Fitness is cancelled in July :to:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
The only thing about 'Hey Cortana' that I thought was better than 'Xbox' is on sleep, Hey Cortana lights up the Kinect to indicate it heard you

Haven't messed with it since it was in preview - partly cuz there was no tutorial and I didn't need all the extra uses as the regular voice commands I use for simple stuff work fine as is

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Smh at these Xbox 360 game prices. XBOX one backward compatibility got these prices crazy.

Some of these titles are not even announced yet

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Smh at these Xbox 360 game prices. XBOX one backward compatibility got these prices crazy.

Some of these titles are not even announced yet
Xbox marketplace prices have always been trash. They are straight up acting like the division for $36 is a great deal.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I miss the old "xbox" kinect commands. "Hey Cortana" lags because it's going to the internet and not being recognized right on the box, I guess I'll look into the new features, but I use voice command way less now.

Because they opened it up to way more uses, it misunderstands me way more. Can you even search media anymore ?

I got so used to "xbox bing "insert movie" and it just showing me what apps it was available on.
I'm sure theres some way to do it now, i have no idea tho.:sadcam:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I miss the old "xbox" kinect commands. "Hey Cortana" lags because it's going to the internet and not being recognized right on the box, I guess I'll look into the new features, but I use voice command way less now.

Because they opened it up to way more uses, it misunderstands me way more. Can you even search media anymore ?

I got so used to "xbox bing "insert movie" and it just showing me what apps it was available on.
I agree. it always opens up Bing when searching for movies so instead of opening up the lets say Netflix app on the Xbox, it prompts you to sign in to Netflix through the browser. I hate that.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!

You can deactivate it in the settings can't you? I went back to the old commands in both preview beta and the official release

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

Go to settings, Cortana, handle yo bitnass :birdman:

For me, Cortana works flawless when I don't have a fan running. If the fans on, forgettaboutit :manny:

I don't think they are aiming to make Cortana work as well as xbox on was supposed to work. Xbox on commands was supposed to work, even in a loud environment.
I've successfully done that on more than a few occasions with Kinect, XB1 and 360 versions. Cortana over noise? Not so much.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go to settings, Cortana, handle yo bitnass :birdman:

For me, Cortana works flawless when I don't have a fan running. If the fans on, forgettaboutit :manny:

I don't think they are aiming to make Cortana work as well as xbox on was supposed to work. Xbox on commands was supposed to work, even in a loud environment.
I've successfully done that on more than a few occasions with Kinect, XB1 and 360 versions. Cortana over noise? Not so much.
Cortana runs best without the Kinect folks. sorry to say. it runs best using the microphone. it's much quicker to answer you.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Cortana runs best without the Kinect folks. sorry to say. it runs best using the microphone. it's much quicker to answer you.
Only in theory bruh.. often Cortana doesn't respond to me with a headset :manny:
I'm in the dashboard beta, that has a lot to do with it. One build it'll work flawlessly, 2 days later another update and the shyt sucks.

I really be blown when web browsing and things like hitting B to go back wont work the same. Sometimes it takes you back to the previous page, other times it does nothing.
I'm about to cop an S and that shyt will be beta dash free... can't wait :banderas: