The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I care and many who own the Kinect like the feature. You don't compromise when a media hub is a focal point as to why you are getting the xbox one. It is WAY more accurate than Cortana.

An XBOX One with Kinect > An XBOX One without one. Period.

This isn't a debate of which is better. The public rejected the Kinect. Thats why Kinect is barely promoted. Where are the Kinect games? That's why Cotana exist. That's why the newer models of Xbox don't even bother shipping with them. Kinect is obsolete just like the PS camera. You enjoy it fine. But It's irrelevant to the mass public and will not matter in the OP of the poster who asked

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
This isn't a debate of which is better. The public rejected the Kinect. Thats why Kinect is barely promoted. Where are the Kinect games? That's why Cotana exist. That's why the newer models of Xbox don't even bother shipping with them. Kinect is obsolete just like the PS camera. You enjoy it fine. But It's irrelevant to the mass public and will not matter in the OP of the poster who asked
It's not irrelevant to those who want the best media hub possible. I have already provided examples as to why it's great for his needs and not your ramblings about how it failed in the market. I have already debated about this for years with @MeachTheMonster and @PS4 you aren't saying anything new. My cloud thread broke all this down.

Listen I understand you console cats are willing to compromise here and there, but you are literally talking about a $50 investment at this point. Get the Kinect, cover the camera lens if you are freaked out about it being "on" and keep it moving. If your internet connection starts acting up for any reason Cortana is non-functional.

Saying "XBOX" do whatever is also better than saying "Hey Cortana" before anything else...then have it pause to search your query online and then execute the command.

It's $50.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It's not irrelevant to those who want the best media hub possible. I have already provided examples as to why it's great for his needs and not your ramblings about how it failed in the market. I have already debated about this for years with @MeachTheMonster and @PS4 you aren't saying anything new. My cloud thread broke all this down.

Listen I understand you console cats are willing to compromise here and there, but you are literally talking about a $50 investment at this point. Get the Kinect, cover the camera lens if you are freaked out about it being "on" and keep it moving. If your internet connection starts acting up for any reason Cortana is non-functional.

Saying "XBOX" do whatever is also better than saying "Hey Cortana" before anything else...then have it pause to search your query online and then execute the command.

It's $50.

You haven't provided shyt except you can turn it on with your voice. Wow so great. 50$ is ten away from a game, controller, etc. Better use then an obsolete accessory its own company doesn't support. And miss me with that spy paranoid talk. I had a launch one with the Kinect. The novelty wore off quick. At the end of the day tho none of this matters because voice command apps are minuscule gimmicky apps. I noticed you didn't have a rebuttal to what matters tho like the song cable services and their much better sharing/streaming options

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You haven't provided shyt except you can turn it on with your voice. Wow so great. 50$ is ten away from a game, controller, etc. Better use then an obsolete accessory its own company doesn't support. And miss me with that spy paranoid talk. I had a launch one with the Kinect. The novelty wore off quick. At the end of the day tho none of this matters because voice command apps are minuscule gimmicky apps. I noticed you didn't have a rebuttal to what matters tho like the song cable services and their much better sharing/streaming options
The PS4 Pro can't even play 4K Blu-Ray discs which is something someone who wants a great media hub might be interested in. TV Integration will likely be more important than a PS Vue subscription for the breh making the decision as well.

Learn how to debate. Your argument as to the Kinect being an obsolete accessory really only applies to the gaming side of things which is not even a topic of discussion right now. Cortana cannot turn the xbox one on from it's standby state and if your internet connection is down for whatever reason your experience takes a hit. This is before talking about the accuracy and fluidity of Kinect vs Cortana as well. Why compromise when you are literally $50 away from having the best media box on the market? Does this guy sound like he would invest another $50 in a controller considering the fact that he used his PS4 as a media hub in the first place? He can't even name a handful of games he is interested in.

That's like @Ciggavelli building out a monster and not willing to pay a little extra for a feature that makes the experience much more enjoyable.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The PS4 Pro can't even play 4K Blu-Ray discs which is something someone who wants a great media hub might be interested in. TV Integration will likely be more important than a PS Vue subscription for the breh making the decision as well.

Learn how to debate. Your argument as to the Kinect being an obsolete accessory really only applies to the gaming side of things which is not even a topic of discussion right now. Cortana cannot turn the xbox one on from it's standby state and if your internet connection is down for whatever reason your experience takes a hit. This is before talking about the accuracy and fluidity of Kinect vs Cortana as well. Why compromise when you are literally $50 away from having the best media box on the market? Does this guy sound like he would invest another $50 in a controller considering the fact that he used his PS4 as a media hub in the first place? He can't even name a handful of games he is interested in.

That's like @Ciggavelli building out a monster and not willing to pay a little extra for a feature that makes the experience much more enjoyable.

So your entire rationale for advocating for the Xbox is to be able to turn on the console with a Kinect? And 4K blue rays are barely visible in the market? Aren't you the one always saying physical media is dead btw? Why should he buy a Xbox just for a Kinect? Do you even see the ridiculous shyt you are posting?

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Yo fam the Kinect is legit! It's a great accessory to an XB1 but it's not necessary. Don't forget you can control the XB1 using the Xbox app on your smartphone and tablet.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
So your entire rationale for advocating for the Xbox is to be able to turn on the console with a Kinect? And 4K blue rays are barely visible in the market? Aren't you the one always saying physical media is dead btw? Why should he buy a Xbox just for a Kinect? Do you even see the ridiculous shyt you are posting?
I never said that he should buy an xbox just for a kinect. He should buy the kinect because it enhances the experience if he is already interested in the xbox one.

I am posting from the angle that the guy is interested in the XBOX One S after dumping his PS4 which he used as a media hub. I don't care for physical media, but again...why compromise? It doesn't make sense to if you are going to have a fukking disc drive anyway. He might be a blu-ray collector for all we know...if not so what? Would you rather have a less capable drive?

Cortana has a point of failure if for some reason xbox live or your internet connection is down. Even when it is "up" it is STILL not as reliable as the Kinect. The Kinect basically removes the need for your TV and Cable remotes as well and in that case the reliability factor is even more important.

And yes, walking to your living room and telling your xbox to turn on and turn your whole setup on is BOSS status :win:

You would be a goddamn fool to not put the $50 extra for that feature alone if you are serious about your media hub. Now at the original price of $200? Yeah I might actually agree with you, but $50 aint shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I never said that he should buy an xbox just for a kinect. He should buy the kinect because it enhances the experience if he is already interested in the xbox one.

I am posting from the angle that the guy is interested in the XBOX One S after dumping his PS4 which he used as a media hub. I don't care for physical media, but again...why compromise? It doesn't make sense to if you are going to have a fukking disc drive anyway. He might be a blu-ray collector for all we know...if not so what? Would you rather have a less capable drive?

Cortana has a point of failure if for some reason xbox live or your internet connection is down. Even when it is "up" it is STILL not as reliable as the Kinect. The Kinect basically removes the need for your TV and Cable remotes as well and in that case the reliability factor is even more important.

And yes, walking to your living room and telling your xbox to turn on and turn your whole setup on is BOSS status :win:

You would be a goddamn fool to not put the $50 extra for that feature alone if you are serious about your media hub. Now at the original price of $200? Yeah I might actually agree with you, but $50 aint shyt.

It took you this long to post this awful diatribe? :mjlol:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It took you this long to post this awful diatribe? :mjlol:
Thanks for proving that you pretty much have no counter to my points (as usual).

I never said he should buy an xbox one because of Kinect. Hiding behind the mjlol smiley doesn't hide your 2nd grade reading comprehension level.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for proving that you pretty much have no counter to my points (as usual).

I never said he should buy an xbox one because of Kinect. Hiding behind the mjlol smiley doesn't hide your 2nd grade reading comprehension level.

You keep repeating the same stupid minute talking points over and over again. Your whole argument revolves around the fukking kinect. No mention of the multitasking. No mention of groove and the 3 month trial they have. No mention of actual media apps. Just the same babble about turning on the TV connect and how Cortana will be unavailable when your internet/Live is down like that's a common occurrence. So excuse me for using the MJ smilie. You are a clown and always have been which is why no one takes you seriously. These silly court dog lite rants on a trivial issue you keep going on about proves it

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
I gave in and got a xbox and i must say. As a ps stanley it felt good to be back in the xbox fold. Plus i couldnt pass up xbox one 1tb with 3 game bundle plus BF1 for 220 OTD.