The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Just let that Halo download and install overnight. The Xbox OS takes up like a hundred or so gigs so not that much room for a lot of games, cop an external hard drive. For apps, I got Plex (not free yet), Espn, MLB.TV, Amazon Prime, Youtube
Plex is free, they just have it set up funny styles. You see, you can't use the plex app for free right
But the XB1 has its own media player app. When you use that, it'll see your PC and use your plex media server that is set up on your PC, and it'll arrange your movies/etc using plex server. So basically it removes the middle man free of charge

Go eat RVH :handshake:
Do they usually have sales on gold like with ps+? Are the games almost as good?
Yes and much better games on xbox arcade than on playstation. Always been that way too
Sony had better free games, but that has changed too :win:
I don't like the controller at all. The sticks are too loose, and slow at the same time. The triggers are way too fukking sensitive too. At least it feels better than the 360 at least.

Why cant they make a Duke version for next gen :mjcry:

Once I install a game, do I still need the disc to play it?

If I connect my DirecTV through the X1, does the X1 always have to be on to watch tv?
Yes, but you can set it up so when you turn your xbox on it goes directly to TV
Also, the XB1 is designed to be on for 24hrs straight for 10yrs. So don't worry about it being on for extended periods of time
Think of a cable box, you don't worry about that. Xbox was designed that same way, and they have been very durable
Of course, 10yrs isn't a guarantee, but that is what they said :whew:
If you're in the preview program you'll get into the Halo 5 beta starting tomorrow :wow:

Microsoft so based :mjcry:

Check your Xbox live messages.
Really :banderas:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
To the guy asking for kid games, get Alien Hominid

Yes, but you can set it up so when you turn your xbox on it goes directly to TV
Also, the XB1 is designed to be on for 24hrs straight for 10yrs. So don't worry about it being on for extended periods of time
Think of a cable box, you don't worry about that. Xbox was designed that same way, and they have been very durable
Of course, 10yrs isn't a guarantee, but that is what they said :whew:
Aside from saving an HDMI port, what's another benefit of hooking up the tv through the X1?

Bounty

All Star
Daps
I know the X1 shouldnt be connected to a surge protector but i still use it (I use a surge protector for all my electronics)

anybody else use a surge protector for the X1

jazzfan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I use a power strip with my xbox. Haven't had any issues but I'm considering plugging it in directly to the wall.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Who wants control of the opening post in this thread? Hammer it out between yourselves.

The project we were working on with all the consoles and the PC has been scrapped and no longer needs to be in charge by a mod.