The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
To the guy asking for kid games, get Alien Hominid

Aside from saving an HDMI port, what's another benefit of hooking up the tv through the X1?
Then you are always connected, so you can get notifications when you watching TV (If you want them)
If you don't have Kinect, you need to cop that. Then while you watching TV you can just say "Xbox, turn to HBO" and it'll pop up
It has its own TV-Guide dash as well, it will keep track of your favorite shows and channels and all that is easily accessible via voice commands
You can switch back n forth between games, or other apps like Netflix.
Or you can have it overlap your TV screen to compliment what you watching in cases like the NFL
Snap the NFL app and you its basically NFL Redzone for free (redzone is in the app as well) but if you don't have cable per say? It still does everything redzone does
You can access twitter when watching TV shows and the tweets that show up on those TV shows you watch? Yeah, now its all incorporated.
TV shows may want to poll people who are watching.. they do that via the XB1 (they did it with the X360)
Tons more things, but I don't want be here all day...
I know the X1 shouldnt be connected to a surge protector but i still use it (I use a surge protector for all my electronics)

anybody else use a surge protector for the X1
I never heard of it not being connected to a surge protector. I believe you was told incorrect information sir, I could be wrong. But I don't believe I am :yeshrug:
I use a power strip with my xbox. Haven't had any issues but I'm considering plugging it in directly to the wall.
Not a problem, the big ass power brick should be able to handle any surges. Don't quote me on that tho :whistle:
:handshake:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I need to figure out how to send messages easier. I hate that every little action has its own app, and needs to load to do something so simple.

Then you are always connected, so you can get notifications when you watching TV (If you want them)
If you don't have Kinect, you need to cop that. Then while you watching TV you can just say "Xbox, turn to HBO" and it'll pop up
It has its own TV-Guide dash as well, it will keep track of your favorite shows and channels and all that is easily accessible via voice commands
You can switch back n forth between games, or other apps like Netflix.
Or you can have it overlap your TV screen to compliment what you watching in cases like the NFL
Snap the NFL app and you its basically NFL Redzone for free (redzone is in the app as well) but if you don't have cable per say? It still does everything redzone does
You can access twitter when watching TV shows and the tweets that show up on those TV shows you watch? Yeah, now its all incorporated.
TV shows may want to poll people who are watching.. they do that via the XB1 (they did it with the X360)
Tons more things, but I don't want be here all day...
:handshake:
:lupe:
Can you snap live tv, and go picture in picture

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
hella late passing the info along but I just found out. Child of Light and Dragon Age are on sale as part of the 2014 countdown sale. I think it'll still have the sale for tomorrow but I copped Child of Light. was gonna cop DA but CoL and possibly MCC if its on sale will hold me til Dying Light at the end of Jan

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I need to figure out how to send messages easier. I hate that every little action has its own app, and needs to load to do something so simple.

:lupe:
Can you snap live tv, and go picture in picture
Not TV twice if that is what you are asking. You can snap most things including TV
You can watch TV and game at the same time, yes :win: (You can go into settings and adjust the volume of each)
I hope you have Kinect? Because its designed to be there. It can do so many things that without Kinect it doesn't work as well as it does with one. Go into the snap app, then everything in that is snappable

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Not TV twice if that is what you are asking. You can snap most things including TV
You can watch TV and game at the same time, yes :win: (You can go into settings and adjust the volume of each)
I hope you have Kinect? Because its designed to be there. It can do so many things that without Kinect it doesn't work as well as it does with one. Go into the snap app, then everything in that is snappable
Yeah I have kinect :win: