The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Any networking IT brehs might me able to help me. I have some issues with my xbone. I keep getting disconncted from games and my NAT type is stuck on moderate.

I have a ps4 that I have no trouble with. I never had any issues with my 360 or ps3.

Only have problems with my x1. Can any one tell me how exactly to open ports and what else it may be?

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Xbox_One/

pick ya router's brand from the list, then pick your router on the next page then follow the directions...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Any networking IT brehs might me able to help me. I have some issues with my xbone. I keep getting disconncted from games and my NAT type is stuck on moderate.

I have a ps4 that I have no trouble with. I never had any issues with my 360 or ps3.

Only have problems with my x1. Can any one tell me how exactly to open ports and what else it may be?

1. Give your XB1 a static ip
2. DMZ that ip through the router
3. :eat:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I tried this. They don't have my specific model. I have a DLINK DIR 857.

this is the DIR 855 page....does your router settings look similar to this...all u need to do is access the port forwarding section in the settinsg and just input the numbers

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-855/Xbox_One.htm

you should see soemthing similar to this. The slots under "name" is what you label the device your gonna open so you can put some shyt like "xbox" and put it's ip address below it and under ports to open is where you will put ports listed below the pic

DIR-8554.jpg

once your on that menu

Xbox One requires you to forward the following ports: 53,80,88,500,3074,3544,4500. Go ahead and enter the settings shown above into the Port Forwarding Rules menu

Forward Ports (53,80,3074)TCP, (53,88,500,3074)UDP

Forward Ports (3544,4500)UDP

Last edited:

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
this is the DIR 855 page....does your router settings look similar to this...all u need to do is access the port forwarding section in the settinsg and just input the numbers

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-855/Xbox_One.htm

DIR-8553.jpg

DIR-8553.jpg

DIR-8554.jpg

Yes they do. I actually tried the 855 guide. I input all the data and then downloaded the port checker tool and it kept saying the ports were not open. So I dont know what I did wrong and could not figure it out. Tried for 2 hours.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Yes they do. I actually tried the 855 guide. I input all the data and then downloaded the port checker tool and it kept saying the ports were not open. So I dont know what I did wrong and could not figure it out. Tried for 2 hours.

the port checker tool is not going to show your xbox ports to be open because it only checks the pc's ports from my experience....if you opened the ports on your pc the app would say they are open...

also, did you make a static ip for your xbox?

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
the port checker tool is not going to show your xbox ports to be open because it only checks the pc's ports from my experience....if you opened the ports on your pc the app would say they are open...

also, did you make a static ip for your xbox?

I gave it a reserved DHCP if thats the same thing. Im not very good at this type of stuff so im only going off what ive read and saw on guides.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I gave it a reserved DHCP if thats the same thing. Im not very good at this type of stuff so im only going off what ive read and saw on guides.

I guess that's the same thing from what I see in the 2nd half of the first video i linked but I used the first method seen in the first half of the video...

DO NOT COPY HIS SETTINGS...COPY THE ONES YOU SEE ON YOUR XBOX (you can skip the 2nd method since you've already done that)..

after you do that go to your router and open these ports

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 4500 (UDP)
follow this video to help with the ports (dude is missing some of these numbers so input them manually) and do the DMZ part at 1:50

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Giving the system a Staic IP address may also help. You should DMZ it also.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I used to do all that extra shyt..dmz...port forwarding...etc, but if you turn on UPnP on your router then it should do everything for you assuming yours is 5 years old or newer it should work.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
I guess that's the same thing from what I see in the 2nd half of the first video i linked but I used the first method seen in the first half of the video...

DO NOT COPY HIS SETTINGS...COPY THE ONES YOU SEE ON YOUR XBOX (you can skip the 2nd method since you've already done that)..

after you do that go to your router and open these ports

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 4500 (UDP)
follow this video to help with the ports (dude is missing some of these numbers so input them manually) and do the DMZ part at 1:50

I tried all all this. I even called MS and had the tech walk me through it. Once I forwarded the ports. My Internet stopped working all together. I cleared it and am back to where I started. I ran out of time and the techs told me to call again tomorrow for more stuff we can try.

Giving the system a Staic IP address may also help. You should DMZ it also.

Did both of those with the tech. Still got a moderate NAT :yeshrug:

I used to do all that extra shyt..dmz...port forwarding...etc, but if you turn on UPnP on your router then it should do everything for you assuming yours is 5 years old or newer it should work.

I have a Dlink DIR 857. I think it may be a 2012 model idk for sure dont feel like looking. Either way Upnp is on. Im just still having issues.

I have no probs with my ps4. Ps3 or 360. Or my pc or anyone connecting to ky wifi.

Its just the xbone that seems to have issues:to:

Thanks all for the help tho

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I tried all all this. I even called MS and had the tech walk me through it. Once I forwarded the ports. My Internet stopped working all together. I cleared it and am back to where I started. I ran out of time and the techs told me to call again tomorrow for more stuff we can try.

Did both of those with the tech. Still got a moderate NAT :yeshrug:

I have a Dlink DIR 857. I think it may be a 2012 model idk for sure dont feel like looking. Either way Upnp is on. Im just still having issues.

I have no probs with my ps4. Ps3 or 360. Or my pc or anyone connecting to ky wifi.

Its just the xbone that seems to have issues:to:

Thanks all for the help tho

Let us know what happens tomorrow.