The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all remember back in the day when you had to have a Sony Console in order to play Metal Gear. One of the biggest sony icons. How long before master chief makes his way to Sony consoles? Probably never.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly...I have both xbox one and ps4,,,,I like ps4 controller better...this coming from some one that always liked xbox controllers more in the past. The xbox controller actually feels more cramped than the ps4 controller this time around (smaller than xbox 360 controller? Feels like it.

I also think they made the bumpers worse.

Analogs feel great though.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly...I have both xbox one and ps4,,,,I like ps4 controller better...this coming from some one that always liked xbox controllers more in the past. The xbox controller actually feels more cramped than the ps4 controller this time around (smaller than xbox 360 controller? Feels like it.

Both hurt my hands... Ps4 more but forza 5 is a pinky killer. rumble triggers are great.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sad we never got the real family share but I do like that it only needs one gold account on the xbox for everyone to use the features.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Well your word on the street is wrong, I play 1080p movies streamed from my computer all the time. Just played a 10GB rip of Red 2 the other day.
Exactly how do you get to all that. I haven't even thought to try because I don't know where to go.
I went to Xbox Video once just to see whats what. I don't recall seeing an option there :lupe:
Xbox one for 399 with kinect and F/S

Good deal or nah ?
$100 off for a system that dropped 2 weeks ago, and you asking if its a good deal :facepalm:
I'm copping Fifa this gen, game is too pift-tastic to pass on. I'll see you there :birdman:

Yeah, the bumpers I am not a fan of. The funny thing about it is, I only struggle with it when I think about it
When I'm playing online, I never once went "Damn, I missed the button"
So my honest opinion is it won't be an issue once you use the controller enough. For the most part its not an issue. I just don't LOVE having to hold down a bumper, like to scan in BF4. Marking people online requires just a tap of the button, and for whatever reason, has never been an issue :manny:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Just copped one of these things. Gotta skim this thread and see what's what.

-P-
I'll give you the quick rundown. First, do the voice tutorial and there is a 2nd tutorial as well somewhere on the dashboard. You cannot really enjoy the system until you learn how it works.

And voice commands, you just need to figure out the perfect voice pitch to use. Then you can use that tone everytime and it'll work. My mother was using it flawlessly last night, and she was talking too soft imo (my opinion meant shyt)

Once you hook up your cable, you can then say Xbox One guide. It will show TV listiings for all channels in cable, and APP channels. Netflix, Hulu +/etc. Basically, it will have movies/shows also listed like its part of your cable lineup. And you can go to any of this buy saying "Xbox, go to the timberwolves game" and it'll actually turn to that channel :wow: And then its saves your favorite channels/shows so you can easily access those as well. You can say the channel name, or the name of a show. It'll take you there :blessed:

Final tip for now, when you go into an app like Hulu+, then you find a movie/show you looking for
It gives you the option to pin that movie to your homescreen. Then later you can just click on the movie/show from your homescreen without having to go into the app itself. Basically, its an instant que for your homescreen. You can have it so an entire series or episode is pinned. I got Breaking Bad, The tribe called quest movie. Peter Gunn for mom dukes, and a music documentary for my daughter. shyt is maaaad convenient

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
@PS4 you have to have the video app installed and your PC/laptop on the same network. You go to the file on your pc and right click and you should see Xbox os as a option to play to. It take a few secs but it should play on your X1.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
@PS4 you have to have the video app installed and your PC/laptop on the same network. You go to the file on your pc and right click and you should see Xbox os as a option to play to. It take a few secs but it should play on your X1.
Video app installed on my PC :what:
Where do I go to get this, and please don't tell me I have to be on windows 8.1 for this to work?
I can get by with Play-to if I have to, but I'd rather not HAVE TO na mean...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Video app installed on my PC :what:
Where do I go to get this, and please don't tell me I have to be on windows 8.1 for this to work?
I can get by with Play-to if I have to, but I'd rather not HAVE TO na mean...

No you don't need windows 8 or an app on your computer.

There is a video app for Xbox one. I'm not sure if it needs to be downloaded first.

Just make sure your PC is on the same network and right click on any media you want to play. There should be an option for "play to" and when you go to that option a dropdown box should show Xbox 1. Select it and enjoy :myman:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
No you don't need windows 8 or an app on your computer.

There is a video app for Xbox one. I'm not sure if it needs to be downloaded first.

Just make sure your PC is on the same network and right click on any media you want to play. There should be an option for "play to" and when you go to that option a dropdown box should show Xbox 1. Select it and enjoy :myman:
Nope, it doesn't give me a new option, and what you are saying doesn't even sound right.
I watch movies all the time, mostly used my Xbox 360 so I'm a professional at this (on that and the PS3 and even the wii)
My PC shouldn't then have a new option just because I hooked up an xbox to the network.
Windows media player has the sharing option which is what makes the 360 compatible. But there is not XB1 option to connect to when I checked there.

So whoever has this working, can you give a step by step on how you got it to work (or a link)

Just tried PLAY-TO from my phone, works flawlessly. Yify 1080p no hiccups :shaq:
Then streamed some music off my phone.. then snapped that and went to the BF4 start screen.
BUT, I guess it has to be snapped to listen to music now? Not thrilled about that if so, it better not be that way forever. I can deal with it now tho :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nope, it doesn't give me a new option, and what you are saying doesn't even sound right.
I watch movies all the time, mostly used my Xbox 360 so I'm a professional at this (on that and the PS3 and even the wii)
My PC shouldn't then have a new option just because I hooked up an xbox to the network.
Windows media player has the sharing option which is what makes the 360 compatible. But there is not XB1 option to connect to when I checked there.

So whoever has this working, can you give a step by step on how you got it to work (or a link)

Just tried PLAY-TO from my phone, works flawlessly. Yify 1080p no hiccups :shaq:
Then streamed some music off my phone.. then snapped that and went to the BF4 start screen.
BUT, I guess it has to be snapped to listen to music now? Not thrilled about that if so, it better not be that way forever. I can deal with it now tho :manny:

I have it working now. From a laptop with windows 7 I didn't download anything and indidnt have to set up any sharing options. Right click on a movie and select play to Xbox. It's that simple

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Y'all remember back in the day when you had to have a Sony Console in order to play Metal Gear. One of the biggest sony icons. How long before master chief makes his way to Sony consoles? Probably never.

I remember playing it on a Nintendo console :old: