The Official XBOX WON Thread - News and Info

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Just like PS4 Some X1 games are starting to ship early. Some have already received their X1 COD game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Somebody got their Xbox One two weeks early from target. This guy talking about CoD Ghosts comes on one disc. Duh its a Blu-ray.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
yooo if this trade any current gen game and get current gen BF4, COD Ghosts, or AC4* is legit (or even doable, T.O. is a big city :whew:) then i'm just gonna get as many as I can during the deal, trade in the extras and keep AC4 and BF4 and do the $10 upgrade :banderas:

*Canada only

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
In a bit of a double whammy of bad news, the Xbox One day one patch will be required to do basically anything with the console and even then, if you’re in the UK, you won’t be able to use the TV features – a core part of the system – until next year.

Speaking to Engadget, Microsoft’s senior director of product management Albert Penello said “Functionally, you will be able to do very little without taking the day one update,” before explaining exactly what you could do when asked. “Nothing. You need the Day One update.”

Nothing. You can’t do anything with your Xbox One unless you’ve got an internet connection handy once you’ve bought it. You see, the console contains a rather dated version of the operating system, and the console has been worked on until the very last minute.

So, that means you can’t even come home with your new console, plug it in and start gaming without connecting it to your router and going through the update process. “You’re gonna need to take this update. It’s not gonna be really an optional thing” further explained Penello.

The PS4 will feature a similar day one update, which adds a host of features, though you’ll still be able to play games and do other things without that.

Meanwhile, TechRadar are reporting that the Xbox One TV Guide won’t be available at the UK launch, and it’ll take until next year before you can use Kinect functionality to control your television channels.

The reason for that is because they’re still working out deals with providers, in order to make the best integration possible. “We’re testing all the boxes. You can imagine how many there are in the UK” said Xbox senior project manager Terry Farrell.

You can still use the HDMI pass through to hook up your box with your Xbox One, but you won’t be able to utilise the Xbox Guide functionality until some time in 2014.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
WHATEVER STAN! YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BUYING A 500 CONSOLE WITHOUT INTERNET!!!!!!! :fire:
When did you take such a deep interest in Xbox gamers system set-ups?
Like, I have never seen a pro xbox gamer go "Yo, the PS4 update is a problem yo :bryan:"

Like bruh, when you got Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Forza 5, Dedicated servers for all games, rumble in the pads, leaning in BF4, free games without the need to have XBL, you still get Killer Instinct, Spartk, Kinect Sports Preseason, TV features, Media features like CD+MP3 playback, no need to pay for a music service to for custom soundtracks, DLNA/etc

When you got all that, why go and talk about Knack or Killzone or the Mystery that is PSN :laff:

Like bruh, figure that out. This update that your acting is an issue. I figure, If I can read you complaining about it?
If you can get online to complain about it? Then what you are crying about doesn't apply to you or me. Or anyone who will respond. So you creating false talking points that don't even apply to you :wow:

:ufury: :uFURIOUS!!!: :ufury2: