Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
BX2TCUNCAAA4LrI.jpg
:wow:not sure if it was posted but:russ:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Sessler makes great points about resolution gate. of course he gets crucified on gaf for his opinion place is cesspool:snoop:

Sessler is trying so hard to be impartial it's stupid. I agree a lot of times with what he says in past videos but right now he's being disingenuous. It's like the gaming media is a bunch of apologists for Microsoft because it is obvious with the way they're trying to lessen the disparity between the two consoles.

Sessler saying games and gameplay are what matters more when just a few months ago this same dude said both consoles BETTER be 1080p/60fps?? Is it somehow impossible for a game to be good AND look good?? Is BF4 worse on PC because it features better graphics granted that you have the capable hardware?
Also does he not realize that those same games he's talking about where gameplay matters more plays and looks better on a significantly cheaper console??? It's like he's saying a 720P game will be better than a 1080P game because it will have more resources dedicated to a.i., physics and other things that revolve around gameplay but that's stupid. Is Titanfall not going to be a good game on PC because the graphics is superior? Is BF4, COD Ghost, and the plethora of other multiplats dropping on PS4 too not going to have the exact same gameplay as it's Xbox One counterpart but with a higher visual fidelity??

You xbots have been defending this dumb move by Microsoft by focusing on Kinect and gimping hardware and now acting like resolution/performance doesn't matter when for the most of the past 6-7 years you guys have always been at the forefront of debates on why multiplats were better on 360 due to the SAME stuff that all of a sudden now don't matter. Kinect has so far shown NOTHING that adds to an existing game to warrant the gimping of the Xbox One. Head tracking and shoulder leaning is something to get hype about for Xbox One's version?? The game leans shoulder with the press of the L trigger but somehow it's cool to sacrifice detail, peformance and iq just so I can lean over and shooter with my own body? :stopitslime: I call bullshyt on every one of you dudes in this thread if you telling me that you'd rather take the Xbox One in it's state right now over a situation where the Xbox One would be much more powerful than the PS4 with the Kinect being sold as separate.

Hell Digital Foundry exists for what?? To compare the games right?? Now you can read their latest articles where it's like they're downplaying the differences between the two. I think Sessler and these other gaming journalists that are putting on this show for neutralism are lying through their teeth and It's disgusting. His point isn't necessarily wrong as games and gameplay ultimately do matter but not at the expense of graphics. If that's the case then fukk next gen why don't we just stay playing this gen for another 4 years?? You know what lets just continue to play Xbox 360 and Ps3 because fukk graphics right?? :snoop:

:pachaha: This video should be posted in another thread because I forgot this is the Xbox One thread.

Last edited:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Sessler is trying so hard to be impartial it's stupid. I agree a lot of times with what he said but right now he's being disingenuous. It's like the media is a bunch of apologists for Microsoft because it is obvious. Sessler saying games and gameplay are what matters more when just a few months ago this same dude said both consoles BETTER be 1080p/60fps?? Also does he not realize that those same games he's talking about where gameplay matters more plays and looks better on a cheaper console??? It's like he's saying a 720P game will always be better than a 1080P game because it will have more resources dedicated to a.i., physics and other things that revolve around gameplay but that's stupid. Is Titanfall not going to be a better game on PC? Is BF4, COD Ghost, and the plethora of other multiplats dropping on PS4 too not going to have the exact same gameplay as it's Xbox One counterpart with a higher visual fidelity??

You xbots have been defending this dumb move by Microsoft by focusing on Kinect and gimping hardware and now acting like resolution/performance doesn't matter when for the most of the past 6-7 years you guys have always been at the forefront of debates on why multiplats were better on 360 due to the SAME stuff that all of a sudden now don't matter. Hell Digital Foundry exists for what?? To compare the games right?? Now you can read their latest articles where it's like they're downplaying the differences between the two. I think Sessler and these other gaming journalists that are putting on this show for neutralism are lying through their teeth and It's disgusting.
has framerate problems on PS4 don't believe me go watch Joystiq review.Who gives a fukk about resolution the games are impressive to people who played them.Only people hating is Sony stans with their anti Microsoft bullshyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sessler is trying so hard to be impartial it's stupid. I agree a lot of times with what he said but right now he's being disingenuous. It's like the media is a bunch of apologists for Microsoft because it is obvious. Sessler saying games and gameplay are what matters more when just a few months ago this same dude said both consoles BETTER be 1080p/60fps?? Also does he not realize that those same games he's talking about where gameplay matters more plays and looks better on a cheaper console??? It's like he's saying a 720P game will always be better than a 1080P game because it will have more resources dedicated to a.i., physics and other things that revolve around gameplay but that's stupid. Is Titanfall not going to be a better game on PC? Is BF4, COD Ghost, and the plethora of other multiplats dropping on PS4 too not going to have the exact same gameplay as it's Xbox One counterpart with a higher visual fidelity??

You xbots have been defending this dumb move by Microsoft by focusing on Kinect and gimping hardware and now acting like resolution/performance doesn't matter when for the most of the past 6-7 years you guys have always been at the forefront of debates on why multiplats were better on 360 due to the SAME stuff that all of a sudden now don't matter. Hell Digital Foundry exists for what?? To compare the games right?? Now you can read their latest articles where it's like they're downplaying the differences between the two. I think Sessler and these other gaming journalists that are putting on this show for neutralism are lying through their teeth and It's disgusting.

Get up outa here with these rehashed gaf talking points.

The reality of it is that resolution is nowhere near the most important aspect of graphic quality, let alone the enjoyment one can have with a game. Tetris at 4K is still Tetris. Reports are saying the ps4 version of ghosts has bad framerate issues. If one has a lower resolution, yet the other is an unstable experience all around, then which version is the better one? If IW can't get a stable framerate at 1080 on ps4 then what does that tell you about the hardware?

The mistake that you and ilk make is equating value to graphics quality alone. There are plenty of other things that bring value to these products. If you have to blow up two screenshots and squint at them to see a difference, then that difference is not very tangible to most gamers. But missing out on features, and having a lesser overall experience is very noticeable.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sessler is trying so hard to be impartial it's stupid. I agree a lot of times with what he says in past videos but right now he's being disingenuous. It's like the gaming media is a bunch of apologists for Microsoft because it is obvious with the way they're trying to lessen the disparity between the two consoles.

Sessler saying games and gameplay are what matters more when just a few months ago this same dude said both consoles BETTER be 1080p/60fps?? Is it somehow impossible for a game to be good AND look good?? Is BF4 worse on PC because it features better graphics granted that you have the capable hardware?
Also does he not realize that those same games he's talking about where gameplay matters more plays and looks better on a significantly cheaper console??? It's like he's saying a 720P game will be better than a 1080P game because it will have more resources dedicated to a.i., physics and other things that revolve around gameplay but that's stupid. Is Titanfall not going to be a good game on PC because the graphics is superior? Is BF4, COD Ghost, and the plethora of other multiplats dropping on PS4 too not going to have the exact same gameplay as it's Xbox One counterpart but with a higher visual fidelity??

You xbots have been defending this dumb move by Microsoft by focusing on Kinect and gimping hardware and now acting like resolution/performance doesn't matter when for the most of the past 6-7 years you guys have always been at the forefront of debates on why multiplats were better on 360 due to the SAME stuff that all of a sudden now don't matter. Kinect has so far shown NOTHING that adds to an existing game to warrant the gimping of the Xbox One. Head tracking and shoulder leaning is something to get hype about for Xbox One's version?? The game leans shoulder with the press of the L trigger but somehow it's cool to sacrifice detail, peformance and iq just so I can lean over and shooter with my own body? :stopitslime: I call bullshyt on every one of you dudes in this thread if you telling me that you'd rather take the Xbox One in it's state right now over a situation where the Xbox One would be much more powerful than the PS4 with the Kinect being sold as separate.

Hell Digital Foundry exists for what?? To compare the games right?? Now you can read their latest articles where it's like they're downplaying the differences between the two. I think Sessler and these other gaming journalists that are putting on this show for neutralism are lying through their teeth and It's disgusting. His point isn't necessarily wrong as games and gameplay ultimately do matter but not at the expense of graphics. If that's the case then fukk next gen why don't we just stay playing this gen for another 4 years?? You know what lets just continue to play Xbox 360 and Ps3 because fukk graphics right?? :snoop:

:pachaha: This video should be posted in another thread because I forgot this is the Xbox One thread.

I lost respect for Sessler after that. He was critical of PS3 games being weaker than 360 games at the beginning, but NOW he is changing his tune. I know he got a free XB1 and shyt, but to turn into the typical bullshyt gaming journalist who can't be unbiased disappoints. The same shyt he critisized the ps3 for is now not applicable for the XB1 in an environment where you can directly compare both systems since they have the same base architecture now.

I know he's butthurt from now gettin a free ps4, but cmon son. Sessler should be ripped for his hypocrisy accordingly.

fin

wont' be responding to replies. :umad:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Get up outa here with these rehashed gaf talking points.

The reality of it is that resolution is nowhere near the most important aspect of graphic quality, let alone the enjoyment one can have with a game. Tetris at 4K is still Tetris. Reports are saying the ps4 version of ghosts has bad framerate issues. If one has a lower resolution, yet the other is an unstable experience all around, then which version is the better one? If IW can't get a stable framerate at 1080 on ps4 then what does that tell you about the system?

The mistake that you and ilk make is equating value to graphics quality alone. There are plenty of other things that bring value to these products. If you have to blow up two screenshots and squint at them to see a difference, then that difference is not very tangible to most gamers. But missing out on features, and having a lesser overall experience is very noticeable.
the Joystiq review clearly states that exact point but watch their stans ignore that fact.But its 1080p:bryan:stable performance>>>>>>>>>>graphical improvements that most can't tell

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
has framerate problems on PS4 don't believe me go watch Joystiq review.Who gives a fukk about resolution the games are impressive to people who played them.Only people hating is Sony stans with their anti Microsoft bullshyt.
Is there a review for the Xbox One version?
And don't give me that who gives a fukk about resolutions crap. If everygame going forward on Xbox one was 720P you wouldn't care?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I lost respect for Sessler after that. He was critical of PS3 games being weaker than 360 games at the beginning, but NOW he is changing his tune. I know he got a free XB1 and shyt, but to turn into the typical bullshyt gaming journalist who can't be unbiased disappoints. The same shyt he critisized the ps3 for is now not applicable for the XB1 in an environment where you can directly compare both systems since they have the same base architecture now.

I know he's butthurt from now gettin a free ps4, but cmon son. Sessler should be ripped for his hypocrisy accordingly.

fin

wont' be responding to replies. :umad:
No actualy his message in the two videos did not contradict itself.

In the second video he talks about how the furor about resolutions comes from the previous advertisements of devs/publishers using it the number as a talking point or indication of quality.

Throughout the video he uses the term "we" to indicate that he and the entire industry was caught up in that line of thinking due to the marketing.

So a video of him making a big deal about it in the past only strengthens the point he was trying to make. It was stupid then and it's even more stiupid now considering all the improvements to overall IQ and upscaling tech. It's all obvious that he's seen some games that we have not, that further makes argument of resolution obsolete.

It's funny to see you stans trying to call people out as hypocrites. I'd like to see some of the spin you were putting on things when early ps3 titles couldn't keep up to 360:wow:

Last edited:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
And don't give me that who gives a fukk about resolutions crap. If everygame going forward on Xbox one was 720P you wouldn't care?
PUT THIS IN CAPS FOR YOU FIFA,NBA2K14,FORZA,LOCOCYCLE,KINECT SPORTS RIVALS,UFC,ARE ALL 1080P ON X1.
No I wouldn't care if the they look as good as Ryse graphically.COD Ghosts is 1080p on PS4 why does it have framerate issues.Obviously 1080p>>>>>720p right?I'll take stable performance>>>>>>>>>superior graphics

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If every game looked bad I would care.

But I've never looked at a game and said ":scusthov: look at the resolution"

As long as the games look and perform good I'm fine.

I'd be more disappointed if Xbox one had broken multiplats like ps3 did. Titles like skyrim, Bayonetta, etc.