The Official WWE 2K24 Thread

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Can't use big show, mark Henry, edge, Christian, Hardy's, Jericho, Mercedes, REDACTED, Daniel Bryan, cm punk(too late), Goldust, Ric flair

But lazy

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Can't use big show, mark Henry, edge, Christian, Hardy's, Jericho, Mercedes, REDACTED, Daniel Bryan, cm punk(too late), Goldust, Ric flair

But lazy

So many matches ruled out. Off the top of my head that’s as follows:

Savage vs flair at 8
Triangle ladder match & main event of 16
TLC 2 & Angle vs Benoit at 17
Main event & taker vs flair from 18
HBK vs Jericho at 19
Main event of 20
First money in the bank ladder match at 21
Taker vs Henry casket match & edge vs Mick Foley street fight from 22
Main event & flair’s retirement match at 24
Triple threat for the big gold belt at 25
Punk vs Jericho at 28
Punk vs taker at 29 for the final win of the streak
The two best matches of 30
The triple threat to retire the divas title at 32
Sasha vs Bianca & the main event of 37

That’s an entire mode on its own and I probably missed a few :francis:

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
WWE made those decisions from what I remember. Yukes just programmed. Yukes have been forced to dumb it down since the first Smackdown.
If Yukes was fronting the bill them they would've had more say about what they can include. That's been the issue with AEW. THQ Nordic set the budget so they can dictate what is included and set a time frame for development time
The timeframe for FF was pushed up because Tony wasn't going to continue to pour money into it. I don't think Yukes has been dumbing the WWE games down since the first SD, because the first SD is the most barebones WWE game they've made. I just don't see the WWE caring about a ref mode in a video game, and I think Yukes removed it from the PS4/XB1 because they didn't know how it would play.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The timeframe for FF was pushed up because Tony wasn't going to continue to pour money into it. I don't think Yukes has been dumbing the WWE games down since the first SD, because the first SD is the most barebones WWE game they've made. I just don't see the WWE caring about a ref mode in a video game, and I think Yukes removed it from the PS4/XB1 because they didn't know how it would play.
And it still wasn't enough time. Look how fast the development time was for a game built from the ground up.

Look at the wrestling games Yukes made in Japan before Smackdown to see how much it was stripped down.

Many many years ago there was a report that Yukes were complaining about the lack of creativity they were allowed and as well as annual releases

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
And it still wasn't enough time. Look how fast the development time was for a game built from the ground up.

Look at the wrestling games Yukes made in Japan before Smackdown to see how much it was stripped down.

Many many years ago there was a report that Yukes were complaining about the lack of creativity they were allowed and as well as annual releases
It wasn't really built from the ground up though. It literally has moves/entrances that are in the current WWE game, and it's using features from No Mercy & HCTP. The problem with FF was Kenny Omega & Excalibur thinking that just because they play games that meant that they could make them as well. FF would've came out better if they stayed out of the developers room.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't really built from the ground up though. It literally has moves/entrances that are in the current WWE game, and it's using features from No Mercy & HCTP. The problem with FF was Kenny Omega & Excalibur thinking that just because they play games that meant that they could make them as well. FF would've came out better if they stayed out of the developers room.
Not to be mean but do you know how game development works? It's not a copy and paste. They can't use the framework that they have been using for 20 years since that is owned by 2K. Any repeat animations were from before Smackdown but most are brand new.
KO and Ex were minor inconveniences but the crux of the issue was time and money.
Let Yukes develop a game without Americans butting in and they'll put out something amazing because they are a collective of actual wrestling fans.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It's time to talk about how the last generation is holding this game series up. :beli:

*timestamped*