The Official: Wladimir Klitschko Vs. Bryant Jennings thread(4-25-15)

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka where in the fukk did I mention Tyson:dahell::dahell::dahell:trying to put words in my mouth

Then yo ass actually posts the names

peter, haye,pulev,povetkin, byrd

:russ:
Do u not see how laughable this is?

Really, although they are all good fighters....that list is horrible if you are looking at ATG heavyweight oppositon.

Peter was a good hw, but not a good champion. Peter couldnt do anything with the former MW Toney.
Haye couldve been a great CW but he was a good HW who was afraid to get hit and nothing more. He was the antithesis of Evander.
Pulev and Povetkin have probably accomplished as most as they ever will in their careers.
Byrd was an interesting fighter. I dont think he couldve been a great LHW or CW....but he was a very good HW because his disadvantage was also his advantage.

these were the biggest names perhaps...but when you look at his resume, what were his most impressive wins?

the first Peter fight I would say is one, because Peter hadnt been exposed yet and maybe his victories over Tony Thompson, because Thompson is a big, good HW who is known to be a spoiler. so thats not really impressive.

the Byrd and Brewster wins although redemptive are nothing at all to brag about in the slightest because those guys were completely done by that time as evidenced by them never winning any other fight of note.

Holmes, who is mostly criticized for his weak era of opposition, had a better career and championship run because Holmes never lost in his prime. Once he lost it was to an HOFer. Even after that he beat Mercer who was undefeated. On top of Wlad resume being less than stellar to say the least....he has TKO/KO losses to guys who were never considered top 5 HWs.....Purity, Sanders, and Brewster

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
:patrice:Fury might get punished big time..Wlad is going to be looking to get some of the confidence back ain't no way this fight with Jennings didn't break some of it
There is a reason why Wlad has been ducking Fury for over 2 years now

hes only fighting him now as he has to, Fury is his WBO mandatory

Bigger, taller has a longer reach and has a surprisingly good inside game for a big guy

Fury will give him that L, i cant wait to make money on the betting odds

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
There is a reason why Wlad has been ducking Fury for over 2 years now

hes only fighting him now as he has to, Fury is his WBO mandatory

Bigger, taller has a longer reach and has a surprisingly good inside game for a big guy

Fury will give him that L, i cant wait to make money on the betting odds
Wlad ducking fury :russ:

So after may 2nd how long you casuals sticking around:mjlol:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
The wlad hate :blessed:

Nikkas in here putting they hopes in Tyson fury:salka:

Talking about wlad lost four and five rounds:empire:

That nikka won three at best:yeshrug:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jennings was not afraid of him like Haye was. Jennings used his athleticism and heart to get to Wlad. Jennings however has no real boxing skill, especially in comparison to a guy like Haye. Being that Jennings didnt grow up boxing or have pedigree, he is basically just a good athlete like Mike Grant was. Jennings has better footwork and chin though.
Without that pedigree, he has no counter punching ability, which if he had, he would be able to stay in the pocket a bit more and have a better chance of landing head shots.

Haye has way better tools than Jennings but he was scared as fuq. Had he fought the way Jennings fought, he wouldve beaten Wlad. Fury can give Wlad some problems....I just dont trust Fury yet though. Wilder can definitely beat Wlad because he has explosive speed and power. He cant counter punch either though, so I wouldnt favor him. I'd say its a pick em fight. Wilder is not as accurate and polished puncher like Sanders was, but given Wilders immense physicals....thats the guy I would pick to dethrone Wlad.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Good effort by BJ but unless you absolutely destroy the body, you're not going to get points on them over repeated jabs :yeshrug: Haye showed you can't beat Klitschko barely throwing. Strange to me wlad wouldn't let his right go because although BJ was moving he was prime for the right after almost every jab.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Last night showed me why Wlad ain't seeing all these other heavyweights from the past in head to head match ups. If a nikka with only 6 years of boxing experience can ruffle his feathers like that and win 4 or 5 rounds while making the rest competitive, what the fukk would guys like Frazier, Tyson, Holmes, Spinks etc.. do.

Jennings had a good game plan, and he worked it to the best of his ability. The ref needed to take points away earlier than the 10th fukking round. If Bryant would have had a chance to implement this strategy on some other big guys he would have prolly gotten more experience with it and used it more effectively against Wlad.

Even though he still got hit, he still took a lot away from Wlad's offense. Wouldn't mind a rematch in another year or so.

Ali looked good, that's a sharp punching cat right there and another dude that would starch Khan at welterweight.