The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I was just thinking back about the biggest complaint I had was Maeve being woke and still having an emotional connection with her "daughter." But the last episode showing Ake's relationship with his girl & Ghost Nation's relationships with all the ones they've lost really made me get it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The tech wasn't perfected, we know that because Ford basically said it to Bernard when he was in the cradle...

Ford chose the cradle instead of a host because he said the tech in its current state would deteriorate him like it did Delos...

I think by making it worse for him, I am pretty sure MIB daughter was implying making him spaz out like Delos did every time William told him what he was (that's what she expects to happen when they reach the door)...Just look at what became of Delos that last time when they didn't destroy him...What could be worse than that?

Making him go home and be a family man :mjgrin:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I was just thinking back about the biggest complaint I had was Maeve being woke and still having an emotional connection with her "daughter." But the last episode showing Ake's relationship with his girl & Ghost Nation's relationships with all the ones they've lost really made me get it.
Yup, had the same issue with Dolores talking that machine gun gorilla shyt but turning into mush as soon as she sees Abernethy.

Ake gave it all a new perspective:ehh:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Yeah I think instead of a tragic backstory, Arnold programmed them with their loved ones as their cornerstones because he lost his kid.

Ake and Kohana

Maeve and her daughter

The other members of Ake's tribe

Dolores and Peter Abernathy

They only started moving forward when their cornerstones were removed.

Compare with Teddy, Hector, Armistice, Clementine, etc.

:patrice: thinking about it kinda makes me see Arnold as New Testament God and Ford as Old Testament, with their methodologies when it comes to their creations, how they want them to grow and their presences in the show's lore.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Yeah I think instead of a tragic backstory, Arnold programmed them with their loved ones as their cornerstones because he lost his kid.

Ake and Kohana

Maeve and her daughter

The other members of Ake's tribe

Dolores and Peter Abernathy

They only started moving forward when their cornerstones were removed.

Compare with Teddy, Hector, Armistice, Clementine, etc.

:patrice: thinking about it kinda makes me see Arnold as New Testament God and Ford as Old Testament, with their methodologies when it comes to their creations, how they want them to grow and their presences in the show's lore.

:dwillhuh:

Damn I didn't think about that.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
observing.gif