The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea but what about knifes and other was they put themselves in danger?

The hosts kill in other ways than using guns

Real people do get hurt or killed....which is why the guests sign a fukk ton of paper work before they can enter the park. There was a lot of viral marketing before season 1 came out....I don't have a link but some of it went into various ways guests died....either from accidents or guests malfunctioning. So it does happen, just not very often.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yea but what about knifes and other was they put themselves in danger?

The hosts kill in other ways than using guns

You mentioned you were half way through. Have you seen episode 5? I case not, I'll spoilertag this:

Look around 3:32

The hosts have programming that is supposed to immediately make them stop anything that would really injure a guest, even if it means they have to break character.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
@hex and others broached the theory in last season's thread that Delos wants to create AI robots to replace real powerful people in the real world to exercise power from the shadows.

:jbhmm: The MIB says the outside world has gotten too fat and safe, and he's looking for a worthy adversary. Assuming he's not "in" on what Delos is plotting, he has no idea that the people around him are a real threat much greater than anything he might find in the "game" world.

Or, if he IS in on the whole world domination plot, maybe he just thinks taking over an ruling a world of fat lazy people boring and not enough of a challenge to someone like him.
Either way, self-aware AIs running wild in the real world will give him the "worthy adversary" he's looking for.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
maevs new narrative is saving the guests?.

Daps
Reppin
California
'Westworld' Secret Video Offers More Violent Delights; Rinko Kikuchi Joins Cast

A new, exciting Westworld season 2 trailer dropped online today, but that’s only the beginning. A secret video and a secret code have also accompanied the new trailer, taking us further down the Westworld rabbit hole. Plus: Rinko Kikuchi has joined the cast for season 2.

If you’re done rewatching the super-cool Westworld season 2 trailer over and over again, here are some new violent delights for your perusal. Buried within the season 2 trailer lies a code, which some eagle-eyed Westworld fans on Redditwere quick to spot.

That code leads to yet another new Westworld viral site, which features an increasingly creepy marketing video for Delos Inc., the shady company that oversees Westworld. Watch the video below.

Westworld Secret Video

The video begins pleasantly enough, with fresh-faced people waking up bathed in bright sunlight. From there, it transitions to the behind-the-scenes goings-on at Westworld, with engineers constructing the host robots that populate the park. Almost immediately, glitches begin popping-up in the video feed, to let us know that something isn’t quite right here. I’ve highlighted a few select shots below.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-29-at-1.27.02-PM-700x370.png

As the video unfolds, slowly, disturbing imagery begins to creep into the video. The pleasant, high-quality shots of Westworld begin to flicker with bursts of violence, like this shot of several dead bodies scattered around the vast virtual Westworld map.

There’s also a super-quick shot of a new character looking none-too-pleased about having a noose around his neck. I have no idea who this character is, so until we find out, I hereby dub him Noose Man.

Here’s new character and Delos founder James Delos (Peter Mullan), carving up his face. There’s not a lot of info about James Delos yet, but now we know things aren’t going to go so well for him in season 2.

A quick, creepy shot of a new drone host cracking its neck. Westworld co-creator Jonathan Nolan told EW:

“The drone hosts relate to the corporation’s secret project which is hidden in plain sight in this park. As we talked about in the pilot, the park is one thing for the guests, and it’s another thing for its shareholders and management — something completely different. We’ve used the Google analogy — for consumers, it’s for search and email, yet for the company, it’s for advertising. There is an agenda here that Delos has undertaken for a very long time. As Bernard is making his way through the wreckage of the fallout from the first season, he’s discovering things about the park that even he doesn’t know and coming upon creatures like the drone host.”

The creepiest moment in the video comes courtesy of this blink-and-you’ll-miss-it shot of train tracks. Human (?) bodies have replaced wooden slats beneath the tracks. I’m starting to get the feeling this Westworld place is kind of dangerous, folks.

But wait – there’s more. At the end of the video, a code appears on the screen: XOMEGACH. If you head on over to the Delos website, you’ll see a LOGIN box in the upper right-hand corner. Entering the code will take you to yet another viral site.

Westworld Viral Site

Once you enter the code, you’ll be presented with a blue door ( season 2 is subtitled “The Door”). Clicking on that door will dump you into a 360-view of an empty white room. Once you pan around the room, you’ll find yet another secret video. This one is a lot less detailed than the one above – it only shows you some text. Watch it below.

The text is addressing Charlotte Hale, Tessa Thompson’s character. Buried within all the seemingly meaningless code is a message: Find Peter Abernathy. Peter Abernathy, you’ll recall, was Dolores’ father from season 1. The character was one of the first hosts to start to malfunction and eventually ended up lobotomized. In the episode “Trace Decay,” Charlotte Hale uploaded 35 years worth of data into Abernathy’s head, and then gave instructions to get the host out of Westworld. Obviously, this is all going to come up again in season 2.

Rinko Kikuchi Joins Season 2

Last, but not least: EW confirms that Pacific Rim and Brother’s Bloom star Rinko Kikuchi has joined the Westworldseason 2 cast. “We’re told her character’s name is Akane,” says EW. “She plays what appears to be a geisha character in the show’s mysterious ShogunWorld.” There’s even a quick shot of Kikuchi in the trailer.

Westworld is one of six themed parks owned by Delos, with Shogunworld being another. I’m sure we’ll learn what some of the other parks are as the series progresses. I’m just going to go ahead and guess right now that one of the other worlds will be Pirateworld – because how could it not be?

I fukkin LOVE shyt like this. Lost and Cloverfield got me feeling shyt like this

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
maevs new narrative is saving the guests?.

I think that will be her own choice, not a narrative.
I think Maeve, Bernard and *maybe* the MiB (assuming he's on the "good" side) will be caught between the war between two evil forces trying to take over the world: Delos vs Dolores

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Just started my rewatch from the pilot episode. I think I understand what "this park means to upper management". Looks like Delos might be trying to create stealth assassins. That would explain why the executive did not agree with the head narrative guy's plan to dumb down the AI to make it more appealing to the guests. More convincing hosts would make stealthier killers back in the real world. Westworld is their testing lab for hitmen.

The fact that a ShogunWorld exists gives them the perfect cover to create literal robo-ninjas.

What doesn't quite fit is that the Man in Black is in the park looking for a hidden meaning. If he's high up in Delos, does he not know what the park means to Delos? Or does he think that Arnold's Easter Eggs are far more important than whatever evil plots Delos has? I'm leaning toward that the board in charge of Delos has shut him out of direct control over the company, even though in name he owns a huge chunk of it.

I honestly don't think he cares about what Delos is doing. The Man in Black represents the video game addict.

If Delos tried to shut it down, he'd prolly wreck Delos.

I mean, really. You love a game, you play it to death. Real life relationships suffer. You'd rather be playing the game.

But what happens when you beat the shyt in endless amounts of ways an endless amount of times?

You hack it til it breaks.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I think that will be her own choice, not a narrative.
I think Maeve, Bernard and *maybe* the MiB (assuming he's on the "good" side) will be caught between the war between two evil forces trying to take over the world: Delos vs Dolores

main reason I think it's a narrative is because Barnard told her it was.. remember she was like :ohhh::stopitslime::picard:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Just started my rewatch from the pilot episode. I think I understand what "this park means to upper management". Looks like Delos might be trying to create stealth assassins. That would explain why the executive did not agree with the head narrative guy's plan to dumb down the AI to make it more appealing to the guests. More convincing hosts would make stealthier killers back in the real world. Westworld is their testing lab for hitmen.

The fact that a ShogunWorld exists gives them the perfect cover to create literal robo-ninjas.

What doesn't quite fit is that the Man in Black is in the park looking for a hidden meaning. If he's high up in Delos, does he not know what the park means to Delos? Or does he think that Arnold's Easter Eggs are far more important than whatever evil plots Delos has? I'm leaning toward that the board in charge of Delos has shut him out of direct control over the company, even though in name he owns a huge chunk of it.

More thoughts from my re-watch:

The "Ghost Nation" warriors that kill Teddy in episode 3 must be Delos' WAR model robots. Teddy hits them with superhumanly fast gunfire but they shrug it off like its nothing. Since they're robots that means that they're getting hit with real bullets and not physically falling apart. So they must be built with much more durability that the standard hosts in the park, and human attacks would be similarly ineffective against them.

Delos isn't just hiding stealth assassins in the park, they're also hiding military supersoldier terminators.

You know, after the season 1 finale. I thought that Dr. Ford's evil goal was to set off a robot revolution to replace all of humanity with self-aware AI that would worship HIM as a god. But now I see that there's a chance that Ford thinks he doing good by stopping Delos from doing whatever they're planning to do with the hosts. Maybe he just wants the hosts to have the park to themselves, and leave the outside world alone. Something like the "01" world in The Animatrix before the war with the humans broke out.