The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This episoide actually answered a lot of little questions left over from the first season:

-Why Kizzy and the other Natives had the maze symbol carved in their heads (actually, why the maze symbol was all over the place even way back when William first came to the park)
-When the "Shades" religion came from
-Why Lawrence's daughter was already saying "The maze isn't meant for you" before we even knew hosts were "waking up"

If I'm understanding this correctly Ake is the first and only person to have a free consciousness without assistance.

While the original Bernard was trying build the perfect prototype for years the true awakening was organic. His original code was correct, but he was just looking in the wrong place.

This story makes it the 3rd awakening of a coded individual. Seems like the writers are trying to get across the point that every individual has their own path to enlightenment/the truth.

:ohhh: So, for a machine that advanced, its inevitable that they'll eventually "awaken".

Here's something interesting about that:
MiB knew that something was going on with the Indians in Westworld, because he was basically picking up on all the clues that Ake left behind. He thought that the "deeper game" was a series of Easter Eggs left behind years ago by Arnold. But neither Arnold nor Ford had anything to do with it, beyond creating the original robots.

I fukkN HATE WYATT. I'M RIDING WITH AKE AND THE SQUAD FROM NOW ON :damn:
Looks like the Ghost Nation are the people Dolores was talking about when she said "Not everyone is worthy of the Valley Beyond". And Ford KNEW about both groups ahead of time, so he set up a three way fight between Ghost Nation, the Deathbringers, and the MiB.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If I'm understanding this correctly Ake is the first and only person to have a free consciousness without assistance.

While the original Bernard was trying build the perfect prototype for years the true awakening was organic. His original code was correct, but he was just looking in the wrong place.

This story makes it the 3rd awakening of a coded individual. Seems like the writers are trying to get across the point that every individual has their own path to enlightenment/the truth.
people are forgetting about the reveries. very first ep they are introduced.. it's also later told that benard is the one who invented them and that's the only reason Delores woke up

that's why it's so important that Ake never got killed. he still had one of the first OG codes... even before Benard died, that still had the reveries in it.. that's why they were so pissed he never got updated. by then it was too late, he was already woke

it's only certain robots that can wake up.. they all can kill... but some of them, even when told the truth about what westworld is, still stay in their loops

Ford (to Dolores): "Arnold had watched his son come into this world, and then he had watched that light extinguished. What he had lost in his son, he tried to rekindle in *you*. He created a test of empathy, imagination. A maze. He had gotten the idea from one of his son's toys. Eventually, *you* solved his maze, Dolores. The key was a simple update that he made to *you* called the reveries."

"There are past incarnations of their characters that are stored but the hosts just don’t have access to them – or aren’t supposed to have access to them. The reveries work on a kind of subliminal level. What I think of them as – because I'm not a coder, Jonah is more into that world – for me it was imagining that consciousness and history are a deep sea and reveries are tiny fishhooks that you dip into it and get little gestures and subconscious ticks. The hosts don't consciously know where they're drawn from, but they're just there to add some nuance to their expressions and gestures. But dipping that fishhook in might prove to be a little .. fraught."

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Plays well on the piano.

So yeah, this was fantastic episode IMO, and the end was perfect. The preview for next week, that looked an awful lot like Ford next to Maeve's bed in the lab. They gonna have him in her head like he was in Bernard's last week, or something else? And are we gonna find out who is in the tub? Can't wait.

I always thought the woman in the tub was Man in Black's wife after she committed suicide.

What did it mean for Maeve to say ole girl’s line back to Ake? She’s not ole girl is she? They don’t switch hosts minds between bodies, do they? I followed everything up to that :lupe:

I think that was a game recognize game moment. The entire episode when Ake was speaking his native tongue, he was really speaking to Maeve. When he was speaking English, he was talking to the girl. I think Maeve repeated the line as a sign of respect/thank you for looking out for them.

I think this episode really shows the potential of this show to be an all-time great. I wish they did Shogun World like this earlier in this season, but it's whatever at this point. The last two episodes got me incredibly hype :blessed: