The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
nikkas already forgot they were raving about the Kiksuya episode?:mjlol:In one episode they were able to take what had seemingly been the savage Ghost Nation and have us rooting for Akecheta. One of my favorite moments from the finale is him reuniting with his girl. That's pretty humanizing, brehs.
I wasn't raving about that episode. Just thought it was good. Felt nothing at the Maeve ending

:ld:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I wasn't raving about that episode. Just thought it was good. Felt nothing at the Maeve ending

:ld:
Ake's story was gripping to me for reasons far beyond his actual personal story. It fit the narrative of the show and seamlessly helped explain a lot. I will agree that Maeve's "ending"(I'm pretty sure she will be back) was very melodramatic. No matter how much they try to humanize the hosts, at the end of the day the viewer still has in the back of their mind that these are robots. You add in not being sure if the host is actually acting of free will or if they're playing a part in one of Ford's grander schemes and it will be difficult to really find that humanity you seem to be seeking. At the end of the day, I care about the story being told and in my opinion it's being told very well:manny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The fact that I am so late to talk about the season finale and barely bothered to post about the last couple eps, says it all to me. I had a lot of trouble caring for anything that happened this season. Bernard's convoluted timeline skipping being used as a lazy plot device, MIB's final game with Ford being a vague, nonsensical plot to keep him around (while taking more damage than any host), the Shogunworld subplot which seemingly only existed because they teased it last season and they had to include it, and tons and tons of moments where characters behaved in a way not because it made sense, but because the plot needed to move on.

Add that most of the characters felt flat and this season was only saved by the fidelity tests of recreating humans as hosts, the only concept of this season I thoroughly enjoyed.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Out of this illustrious season:fire:, Hot Host pausing Logan's room party's still the highlight for me:ohhh::mindblown::krs::banderas:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This Season was a stepback from the last one. I feel like the actual story was fine, but the execution of it was a complete mess. I understand and like unconventional storytelling, but they straight up overdosed on it this time around. Everything felt intentionally convoluted this season... Hideo Kojima would be proud.

The Episode with the Indian's story was one of my favorites but whole time I was watching it thinking..."does this little girl even understand the language he's telling his story in?"

:mjlol:

:manny:

Also, the writer who sacrificed himself after Droid Gang clearly got away was one of the dumbest deaths I've seen lol

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Decent season that suffered from the continuous time jumping. Last season laid the time jumping out better, and it only went back to the past. Plus there was a smaller amount of characters used for flashbacks. The editing felt bad for the time jumps too.

A timeline is one thing, but four timelines is absurd.