The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

I'd say that's more evidence against William or Logan being MIB than disproving 2 timelines.

there have been 3 instances where we see Delores moving by herself. At the fountain with Lazo's daughter, the little girl disappears. When she goes in the room with the fortune teller, the teller disappears, and on the train with Will and Lazo. When she says "I'm coming" Will and Lazo aren't there.

I know these can also be dismissed as her glitching but I don't think that was the case.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Ya'll probably already caught this but when Elsy was waking Maeve she counted backwards from 3 just like Maeve told Clementine she does when she's having a nightmare. Elsy also said that the hosts "mightmares" are nothing but memories of the techs cleaning them when someone forgets to do a memory wipe on them.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I agree with the idea, but its not as 100% proven as that link makes it seem. The "mechanical" robots seen in the flashback could be like the prototype terminators with rubber skin. IF the William and Logan scenes are a flashback to 30 years ago, its possible that by then the original prototype robots could have been replaced by living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. So they could still be metal inside, with real blood, years before the metal was replaced by artificial bones.

I don't want to believe that William and the MiB are the same, but I have to admit they haven't really disproven it totally.
you might be right, I read that the more complex mechanical host still had flesh and blood in their system

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Delores bussin guns like it was just a Tuesday :wow:

This theory of the MIB being William or Logan in the future has me :mindblown:... gotta watch this episode again, ya nikkas aint shyt:to:... how many theories have opened up since the pilot :dwillhuh:... all plausible :dwillhuh:

If we focus on whats straight given to us, we see the storyline that another company is infiltrating Westworld... this opens up Season 2 i guarantee it

Who is this asian dude reviving the dead hosts :mindblown:

Give these writers the emmy, nothing is fukking with this show right now, Sorry Sam Esmail

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
i'm still not necessarily down with the multiple timeline or william = mib but i gotta say, this makes a pretty convincing case. :ehh: there's other interesting stuff in here too. dope article.

Unlocking Westworld’s 7 Most Baffling Mysteries

Good find. I read the whole thing and it all sounds plausible.

I really hate to admit it, but it does all make sense way that article puts it. I always ignored the speculation about the logos, but I didn't realize that there were official HBO tweets mentioning it.
I didn't even think of the idea that the old "rules" 30 years ago may have allowed more host vs guest violence, which explains Logan getting beat up. If the multiple timeline theory is true, that means that Logan's family company is "Delos".

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I really hate to admit it, but it does all make sense way that article puts it. I always ignored the speculation about the logos, but I didn't realize that there were official HBO tweets mentioning it.
I didn't even think of the idea that the old "rules" 30 years ago may have allowed more host vs guest violence, which explains Logan getting beat up. If the multiple timeline theory is true, that means that Logan's family company is "Delos".
Cold storage in episode 1 is absolutely the entrance William and Logan are greeted by the chick in white. The only difference is in the cold storage scene there is a Scarface type globe there that says Delos on it. It's not there when Will and Logan arrive because they haven't bought it yet.

I'm rewatching the eps so this is probably something else everyone else already knew.

I love this show and hate that none of my friends watch it. :snoop: I need new friends.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Another confusing point is Walter. He was put in cold storage after killing those hosts along with Abernathy. Yet he's back at Delores spot with Delores new father when she 1st busts her gun.

I don't believe they have duplicate copies of the same hosts though because then there would be no point of having a different father for Delores.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Are they gonna explain how Anthony Hopkins is able to control things the way he c does?
they have certain words and phrases to control the bots.. i'm guessing they are set on different levels

like maybe the butchers can activate sleep mode, but a regular guest wouldn't have the voice recognition to do so... but neither could hit the endless phrases or hand gestures that Hopkins has