The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Solid show. Watched ep 1 & 2.

First I thought oldboy in the black was off the grid... but they show that the employees are monitoring him go further and further looking for the maze entrance. It seems like someone that works there would stop him...
:jbhmm:

A question I had is I know the robots are going rogue.. but I think the main conflict would be living ppl on opposite sides of conflicting storylines. For example, visitor #1 wants to live out his fantasy as a bank robber but visitor #2 wants to live out his fantasy as the sherrif... then they kill all the robots on the other person's side, what happens then?

:lupe:

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter

First I thought oldboy in the black was off the grid... but they show that the employees are monitoring him go further and further looking for the maze entrance. It seems like someone that works there would stop him...

A question I had is I know the robots are going rogue.. but I think the main conflict would be living ppl on opposite sides of conflicting storylines. For example, visitor #1 wants to live out his fantasy as a bank robber but visitor #2 wants to live out his fantasy as the sherrif... then they kill all the robots on the other person's side, what happens then?

I remember the workers saying, the guest can do what ever they want when they brought up that he took out an entire posse...

So The man in black is definitely a "newcomer" if you ask me.

What got me tripping was the man in black said....he's never going back.... I'm like....going back to what?...reality?....or back to being a host?...like..wtf :mindblown:.... shyt has me :damn:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Red Dead 3 tease and a new episode of Westworld, this day has been so good to me.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I remember the workers saying, the guest can do what ever they want when they brought up that he took out an entire posse...

So The man in black is definitely a "newcomer" if you ask me.

What got me tripping was the man in black said....he's never going back.... I'm like....going back to what?...reality?....or back to being a host?...like..wtf :mindblown:.... shyt has me :damn:

Thats what I mean. He is way off path (in areas and towns on the fringe all alone without a single other visitor) so at first I thought no one was aware of him. But when they showed that ppl are monitoring him that threw me for a loop cause that means the employees can hear him talking about the maze he is looking for.

See, Its my belief that the basic employees don't know about the maze entrance, only Anthony Hopkins (and maybe now the black engineer) know about it... but if that is true then the guy in black hunting for it so vigorously while being watched would theoretically prompt the employees watching him to look into what it is he is questioning the robots about.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Somehow I managed to forget about Dolores and her convos with Bernard. You right.
But as far as Mave getting that memory erased it, it depends because the 2 nitwits were just responsible for cleaning and they don't want anyone to know what happened.

Something else I didn't see mentioned:
The "3....2...1" phrase that Maeve says before she wakes up from her dream is the same code phrase that the technicians use to wake her up from Sleep Mode. So, she's apparently using the wakeup code on herself.

The codes are designed to be used by technicians to control the robots, but as the robots learn the codes they gain control over themselves.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
without reading that...I thought it was Anthony Hopkins character as a boy..

Thats what I assumed as well.
They are dressed exactly the same and were told the same phrase by their dad.

I'm guessing Anthony Hopkins built him.

The other reason I say that is vecause there are no host children in the casual storylines near the center of westworld. The only host children shown are in a brutal flashback of maeve and in an obscure town far from the starting town (where the man in black finds Lawrence's daughter). So I'm thinking they retired/recalled most of the child hosts at some point but Anthony Hopkins is still fond of them for the hardcore storylines and uses them.

Maybe thats incorrect and we just havent seen enough characters, but it holds up as of episide 2.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Something else I didn't see mentioned:
The "3....2...1" phrase that Maeve says before she wakes up from her dream is the same code phrase that the technicians use to wake her up from Sleep Mode. So, she's apparently using the wakeup code on herself.

The codes are designed to be used by technicians to control the robots, but as the robots learn the codes they gain control over themselves.
You might have a point but also, closing your eyes counting to three and then opening them in a bad dream does actually wake you up.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
i like how fast it's moving as well

for the next storyline is it a different world as well? like not wild west? this was probably made clear but i was lit af

the cross made me think like the story will take place in biblical times or maybe newcomers will be conquistadors

i could be way off

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

What you're saying is possible but it's probably very rare for someone to go to Westworld to play the role of sheriff. That doesn't seem to be the kind of person it attracts.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thats what I mean. He is way off path (in areas and towns on the fringe all alone without a single other visitor) so at first I thought no one was aware of him. But when they showed that ppl are monitoring him that threw me for a loop cause that means the employees can hear him talking about the maze he is looking for.

See, Its my belief that the basic employees don't know about the maze entrance, only Anthony Hopkins (and maybe now the black engineer) know about it... but if that is true then the guy in black hunting for it so vigorously while being watched would theoretically prompt the employees watching him to look into what it is he is questioning the robots about.

They were monitoring him because he was killing hosts by the dozen, I doubt they watch guests randomly unless something goes wrong. And all kinds of foul shyt like rape, murder, etc. are common at Westworld so I doubt the employees would notice or care about him questioning the hosts. And on top of that like you said the average employee probably has no idea what The Maze is, anyway. They probably think he's role playing a character or something.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i like how fast it's moving as well

for the next storyline is it a different world as well? like not wild west? this was probably made clear but i was lit af

the cross made me think like the story will take place in biblical times or maybe newcomers will be conquistadors

i could be way off

In the OG story there was 3 "worlds". One in the wild west, one in medieval times, and one in a Roman empire.

In the sequel they introduce a world set in the future, too.

Also something I completely forgot to mention, and honestly didn't remember until a few minutes ago....I'll spoiler tag it because it could play a role in the series eventually:

In the sequel "Futureworld" Delos started making host clones of rich and powerful people....politicians, CEOs, etc. in an attempt to take over the world.

Fred.