The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I dunno, that pope show looks wack to me.

This show is flames. I'm glad I got on when it started, usually I play catch-up. I jumped on w/ Hannibal but that cancelled that. Hannibal would of been fire as an HBO show, putting it on fox is what killed it
You buggin breh jude law bout to kill it.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I dunno, that pope show looks wack to me.

This show is flames. I'm glad I got on when it started, usually I play catch-up. I jumped on w/ Hannibal but that cancelled that. Hannibal would of been fire as an HBO show, putting it on fox is what killed it

I normally wait too but I had to hop on this.

The visuals have me glued it's the real star. We got great western sets and dope ass sci fi shyt it's the best of both worlds. I'm straight wrapped up into this world don't really have any grasp of characters yet.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Goddamn I didn't realize there were already so many podcasts for this :wtf:

Any of you brehs know which one is the best?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Bros. Go to 21 minutes into episode 2 when
the two cacs first get to westworld
, I swear to fukking god I've heard that melody somewhere in the music that plays, can someone please fukking help its driving me nuts. I mean, it could be original but I swear I recognize the melody. I almost thought it was the melody from part of One Winged Angel but I don't think that's it, it could be some ennio morricone shyt, does anyone know???

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
Bros. Go to 21 minutes into episode 2 when
the two cacs first get to westworld
, I swear to fukking god I've heard that melody somewhere in the music that plays, can someone please fukking help its driving me nuts. I mean, it could be original but I swear I recognize the melody. I almost thought it was the melody from part of One Winged Angel but I don't think that's it, it could be some ennio morricone shyt, does anyone know???

i was wondering that too

shyt was familiar as hell i just couldn't put my finger on it

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i was wondering that too

shyt was familiar as hell i just couldn't put my finger on it
it's driving me mad. i keep thinking its from a video game or some shyt but then i thought it could be some morricone joint but it could also just be an original score for the show.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
it's driving me mad. i keep thinking its from a video game or some shyt but then i thought it could be some morricone joint but it could also just be an original score for the show.

on blood ima do my googles later and try to figure out what song that is

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Just got around to watching episode 2 :whew:

That blonde host at the beginning :shaq:

I got so many questions though...like what happens if some fakkit shoots up all the whores at the brothel? Then no one can have any fun the rest of the day? How do they know who's real or who's not? If it's my first time there and I go after a chick how I know it's not just a robot trying to get away from me :shaq:. Or what if I stab another guest cause I thought he was a robot? Breh put that steak knife through drunky's hand. I know it's a show but those questions are going through my mind when I watch this.

But ya'll think maybe the man in black used to be a host and was part of that flashback story scene with Maeve and he used to be that indian with white face paint looking through the window? Somehow escaped Westworld when he was decommissioned (possibly with some inside help to change his appearance?) I still don't know where he got the money to come back for 30 years though

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Just got around to watching episode 2 :whew:

That blonde host at the beginning :shaq:

I got so many questions though...like what happens if some fakkit shoots up all the whores at the brothel? Then no one can have any fun the rest of the day? How do they know who's real or who's not? If it's my first time there and I go after a chick how I know it's not just a robot trying to get away from me :shaq:. Or what if I stab another guest cause I thought he was a robot? Breh put that steak knife through drunky's hand. I know it's a show but those questions are going through my mind when I watch this.

But ya'll think maybe the man in black used to be a host and was part of that flashback story scene with Maeve and he used to be that indian with white face paint looking through the window? Somehow escaped Westworld when he was decommissioned (possibly with some inside help to change his appearance?) I still don't know where he got the money to come back for 30 years though

The technicians watching the Man in Black commented that he wiped out a whole posse of hosts at once, and they wanted to take action to slow him down until they were stopped by the security chief.
It looks like the staff is keeping an eye on all the guests, and if they see a guest taking action that will "break" too many quests/storylines for other guests, they'll try to find an in-universe way to slow that guest down. Like they way that Ed Harris in "The Truman Show" was throwing lighting storms at Truman to prevent him from trying to escape.

You bring up something else I thought about:
How exactly do the knives work? If the rest of the technology in the show were more advanced I would think maybe there's some kind of human-sensing nanotechnology the blades to make them go dull if they hit real flesh. But I think hat tech would be way beyond anything else we've seen. I can't think of a way that they can prevent a lot of "common manslaughter" by guests accidentally stabbing other real guests.

Then again, maybe people get hurt all the time, but Delos is just really really good at covering it up (like Disney).

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
The technicians watching the Man in Black commented that he wiped out a whole posse of hosts at once, and they wanted to take action to slow him down until they were stopped by the security chief.
It looks like the staff is keeping an eye on all the guests, and if they see a guest taking action that will "break" too many quests/storylines for other guests, they'll try to find an in-universe way to slow that guest down. Like they way that Ed Harris in "The Truman Show" was throwing lighting storms at Truman to prevent him from trying to escape.

You bring up something else I thought about:
How exactly do the knives work? If the rest of the technology in the show were more advanced I would think maybe there's some kind of human-sensing nanotechnology the blades to make them go dull if they hit real flesh. But I think hat tech would be way beyond anything else we've seen. I can't think of a way that they can prevent a lot of "common manslaughter" by guests accidentally stabbing other real guests.

Then again, maybe people get hurt all the time, but Delos is just really really good at covering it up (like Disney).
Ya that comment about wiping out the posse was interesting but that seemed to be on the outskirts or at least where no one else was around. I know i'd be pissed if I got off the train just to see a group of a$$holes killing all the robots before I got a chance to interact with them in that town

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, this show is looking legit. Def like it better than the original film. (as far as now)

The fly sequences and scene with the chick kissing the host was dope.:wow: