The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Sly Cooper

dem bilaa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ET/ER
Finished all my finals this week so I'm binge-watching Westworld today :blessed: I'm only on episode 2 but gahdamn that first episode made me feel terrible; I know the robots aren't real, but the guests were just wildin' out like some damn heathens :wtf:

Was that a Hitchcock reference when Dolores killed the fly on her neck? :lupe: She's about to go full psycho :ohlawd: I'm ready

Westworld fans, good lookin' out; I'll report back after I watch the finale

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
We need to find out what happened to Elsie and those titty meats she hides

Shannon_Woodward-RaisingHopeS2e11c-d.gif

tumblr_mxk4ljZHkS1sdydefo1_400.gif

Nipple game strong.

Use that machine in the basement to build her back Ford :damn:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry but the eye color thing is a weak argument IMO. That sounds like something a white person would say. White people get spoiled like that. I watched The Leftovers, also on HBO, and they had 2 black parents with an obvious bi-racial kid. The actors have 2 different eye colors, that's life sometimes. As black people we see that kind of bullshyt all the time in casting. shyt, I'd be pissed off if eye color plays a role TBH because they'll throw ANY 2 people with color together and call em fam on TV.

It was just so obviously William for so long but where's the plot twist in that? Everybody is sure it's William but looking back is where you'll find the little, subtle things. There's always clues. In hindsight, it's obvious Bernard is a robot. All the clues were there.

This is Westworld, breh. Has anything been simple on this show?

cwtfg_zpsk4z7p4vs.png

What in the actual fukk are you talking about breh? This ain't two different actors and their kid. Or two characters that are supposed to be related. It's the same person.
Why does there have to be a character arc? :jbhmm:

wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

Are you trolling right now? You can have good fiction without plot twists, it's virtually impossible to have good fiction with zero character arcs. The two are not equally important.

Eye color is just something I don't think is relevant. Unless you wait 30 years between shooting and use the same actor, there's no way they're gonna have all the same features. When I, like everyone else, assumed William was MIB, first thing my girl said was "Why didn't they get someone who looks more like him?" So apparently Jimmi Simpson doesn't look that much like Ed Harris, at least in her opinion. But I didn't look too deep into that either. 2 different actors, 2 different people. What's more telling to me is the characters and everything Logan says and does is quintessential MIB. Didn't notice it the 1st time around but re-watching has opened my eyes to a lot. Like MIB with the knife saying "Let's get reacquainted" and Logan gutting Dolores? No one has touched on that but yall wanna talk about eye color? What's next strip em naked and start looking for birth marks?

heisendahell_zps5aa71bf0.png

Logan looks less like MiB than William.

The craziest shyt is you sat here and obviously read all the theories....and now you're like "ok, so what's the twist then?" There would be plot twists if you didn't exhaustively research the show. Like @The Devil's Advocate said, the things that are now obvious to you because you've been in threads like this are not obvious to the rest of the world. I've yet to talk to a single person outside the internet that knows about the two timelines, or that William is the MiB. The shyt is not even under consideration for them.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It SO OBVIOUS that William is the MiB so there is no way they would do that

But too many people could then predict that the REAL plot twist is that Logan is the MiB, so they wouldn't do that

The only explanation is that the piano is the MiB

But that sounds like a theory a white person would come up with, because I came up with it

So I'm just gonna roll with "Its all happening inside of a snow globe owned by an autistic kid"

:whoo:

No, in the present day the original Piano went on to be The Yellow King. He started killing people who took piano lessons because he didn't like the music. The new Piano was created in Ford's basement as one of the final 5 Cylons.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Hey guys, just got caught up on this series after putting it off forever. I was kinda :ehh: after the pilot but now I am hooked! See ya'll tomorrow night.

Very obvious that William is the man in black when you watch everything back.

Bernard being a copy of Arnold was just....:krs::whoo:. For some reason, I was under the assumption that Arnold was some white dude. :pachaha:

And how come no one knew what Arnold looked like. :jbhmm:

A google search couldn't have unearthed that shyt? :martin:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Rewatching the series before the finale

Ep 2 starts with Bernard/Arnold saying "wake up Delores"

Shows her in bed

Bernard: "do you remember"

Immediately flashes into William on the train and his story starts

I can already tell this rewatch is going to show so many things that even the Internet missed. Like most Nolan family stories, you watch it again and again and learn more shyt

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
shyt i feel will be set up and explained in the finale

Dolores is who wyatt was written as in the new story line. Remember they show wyatt killing the general, who is supposed to be arnold. The storyline i feel is the story of how arnold died.

I also thought arnold had made dolores kill him as a way to spark their path to consciousness. I think he is the one that planted that revolver on dolores drawer. The death of his son killed him inside so this was his reason for living. Ford did say that Arnold was always really careful when implying he didn't think it was an accident.

I never got the sense that ford hated arnold. It seems he was arnolds prodigy and he looked up to arnold. Thats why i feel ford doesnt like dolores and still holds that grudge, even tho it was arnold that programed her to to it. I hope it isnt the obvious and ford programed dolores to kill him.

Ford has to know what meaves onto. He can see whatever bernard see so he probably seen meaves powers. They probably will reveal sylvester and the other tech dude as hosts an be part of meaves rebellion attempt.

The end scene is ford downloading his consciousness into that body he was making and releases the hosts for his new narrative, maybe that futureworld. Its probably

Note that its 3 am an im high as fukk so idk brehs

:mjgrin:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
This show is gonna blow up in the ratings next year, no doubt.

It's one of those shows that you're kinda :ld: after hearing the premise because c'mon robots in the Wild West?:comeon:

But then 3 episodes in and you are obsessed. :damn:

The ratings for this season haven't been all that but I can see people catching on this being a phenomenon in seasons to come, similar to what happened on Breaking Bad.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
What in the actual fukk are you talking about breh? This ain't two different actors and their kid. Or two characters that are supposed to be related. It's the same person.

I'm not sure what you mean. Who is the same person? Regardless of who MIB is it's still 2 different actors portraying him. :dahell:

Are you trolling right now? You can have good fiction without plot twists, it's virtually impossible to have good fiction with zero character arcs. The two are not equally important.

Doesn't matter because I think you're still overlooking the average watcher hasn't discovered the 2 timelines and that in itself is going to be the twist.

Logan looks less like MiB than William.

I don't care to argue which cac looks the most like which cac. As I said that's already offensive to me as a brotha because that sort of thing is never taken into consideration when casting brothas and sistas. :yeshrug:

The craziest shyt is you sat here and obviously read all the theories....and now you're like "ok, so what's the twist then?" There would be plot twists if you didn't exhaustively research the show. Like @The Devil's Advocate said, the things that are now obvious to you because you've been in threads like this are not obvious to the rest of the world. I've yet to talk to a single person outside the internet that knows about the two timelines, or that William is the MiB. The shyt is not even under consideration for them.

Fred.

Like I told your homie, though, I have not been up in these threads or any threads. I'm just a guy who likes to smoke weed and torrent. :yeshrug: I was interested in seeing who else thought Logan was MIB after E9 because I, like most everyone else, thought William was MIB or the longest, as soon as I realized the 2 time lines.

But Logan being MIB raises the question of what happened to William and I think he and Dolores shot up the town together. She's Wyatt. And William becomes Teddy, that's why Teddy remembers the massacre and helping "Wyatt". If you watch the movies, the 2nd one is about replacing the guests with hosts. I think Teddy was made to keep Dolores in check and answer unanswered questions in her memory when she had thoughts of William or whatever. She's obviously been wiped clean between then and now and has to rediscover who she is. Recall a conversation Ford has with Dolores that leaves him kinda looking at her funny and she tells Arnold in her head "I didn't tell him anything." Next thing Ford reprograms Teddy with the Wyatt story. Maybe he had no background because Ford didn't know enough about William but now he needs to cement this so he won't question his "reality". He creates Wyatt as a way for Teddy to remember without remembering Dolores' role.

Another thing to note is that the MIB from the movies, AKA The Gunslinger, he's a host and his character never changes from his opening scene to the his last. You could switch Logan and MIB's scripts and the story wouldn't change one bit.

Aye I understand the William angle, as I rode with it for many weeks, but after watching the movies and re-watching all the episodes, I think Logan is the MIB. :yeshrug:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
shyt i feel will be set up and explained in the finale

Dolores is who wyatt was written as in the new story line. Remember they show wyatt killing the general, who is supposed to be arnold. The storyline i feel is the story of how arnold died.

I also thought arnold had made dolores kill him as a way to spark their path to consciousness. I think he is the one that planted that revolver on dolores drawer. The death of his son killed him inside so this was his reason for living. Ford did say that Arnold was always really careful when implying he didn't think it was an accident.

I never got the sense that ford hated arnold. It seems he was arnolds prodigy and he looked up to arnold. Thats why i feel ford doesnt like dolores and still holds that grudge, even tho it was arnold that programed her to to it. I hope it isnt the obvious and ford programed dolores to kill him.

Ford has to know what meaves onto. He can see whatever bernard see so he probably seen meaves powers. They probably will reveal sylvester and the other tech dude as hosts an be part of meaves rebellion attempt.

The end scene is ford downloading his consciousness into that body he was making and releases the hosts for his new narrative, maybe that futureworld. Its probably

Note that its 3 am an im high as fukk so idk brehs

:mjgrin:

Best way to watch it is at 3 am high as fukk :mjgrin:

I agree with everything you said about Dolores.

Rewatching the series before the finale

Ep 2 starts with Bernard/Arnold saying "wake up Delores"

Shows her in bed

Bernard: "do you remember"

Immediately flashes into William on the train and his story starts

I can already tell this rewatch is going to show so many things that even the Internet missed. Like most Nolan family stories, you watch it again and again and learn more shyt

And isn't that exactly how Teddy's story began? In fact, his story begins like that every single day, coming in on the train, not common for a host. And we did all think Teddy was human at first. :jbhmm:

William = Teddy
Logan = MIB