The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thoughts?

The internet has ruined Westworld

Tend to agree. Too many people are trying to be the smartest person in the room when it comes to not only this show, but with TV in general. From LOST to Game of Thrones, the fan theories are virtually overkill.

This ain't directed at you, but people come to these threads, posts dozens of times, read the theories week after week, and then when something is right just based on the law of averages, they want to blame the internet at large. No, there's a very specific process that goes into having a show spoiled for you in this manner. It's not difficult to avoid.

Fred.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
It was almost a forgone conclusion that William was MIB but think it's Logan now. Consider this:

-Logan cut Dolores open in front of William. In an earlier episode, MIB says to Dolores "It's time to reacquaint ourselves. Let's start at the beginning" while wielding a knife at her.
-Logan also tells Dolores "this world was built for me and people like me. Not you." Sounds just like MIB.
-Logan was never interested in the "silly" bounty hunts and insisted there was more to the game.
-Logan was basically there to appraise WW and his family has money "With our family, everything is business." MIB "saved" WW back in the day and is on the Delos board.
-William would never treat Dolores the way MIB does. Watch how their relationship develops. He was trying to get her out.

Everybody is speculating on what William might become all while ignoring what Logan already is. When you go back and re-watch old episodes, a lot of subtle shyt becomes very relevant.

I heard another interesting theory that is starting to make sense watching re-runs. I think William is somehow related to Teddy. Teddy is either based of William or William's conscious transferred or something. That's why he rides in on the train in the morning like William did (remember we all thought Teddy was human at first). He is obsessed with Dolores like William was. He picks up her can when she drops it like William did. And Dolores says to him "Sometimes I forget you're just dressed like a cowboy", which is basically what William and all the guests are. That shyt is far fetched, but I wouldn't put it past the writers.

But yeah I'm going with Logan = MIB, final answer. :whew:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Thoughts?

The internet has ruined Westworld

Tend to agree. Too many people are trying to be the smartest person in the room when it comes to not only this show, but with TV in general. From LOST to Game of Thrones, the fan theories are virtually overkill.

I think its fun. I hated the "multiple timeline" theory when I first heard it, but it didn't ruin anything for me as it became increasingly more likely.

I think the internet MADE shows like True Detective season 1, and 99% of all the fan theories were BS.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was almost a forgone conclusion that William was MIB but think it's Logan now. Consider this:

-Logan cut Dolores open in front of William. In an earlier episode, MIB says to Dolores "It's time to reacquaint ourselves. Let's start at the beginning" while wielding a knife at her.
-Logan also tells Dolores "this world was built for me and people like me. Not you." Sounds just like MIB.
-Logan was never interested in the "silly" bounty hunts and insisted there was more to the game.
-Logan was basically there to appraise WW and his family has money "With our family, everything is business." MIB "saved" WW back in the day and is on the Delos board.
-William would never treat Dolores the way MIB does. Watch how their relationship develops. He was trying to get her out.

Everybody is speculating on what William might become all while ignoring what Logan already is. When you go back and re-watch old episodes, a lot of subtle shyt becomes very relevant.

I heard another interesting theory that is starting to make sense watching re-runs. I think William is somehow related to Teddy. Teddy is either based of William or William's conscious transferred or something. That's why he rides in on the train in the morning like William did (remember we all thought Teddy was human at first). He is obsessed with Dolores like William was. He picks up her can when she drops it like William did. And Dolores says to him "Sometimes I forget you're just dressed like a cowboy", which is basically what William and all the guests are. That shyt is far fetched, but I wouldn't put it past the writers.

But yeah I'm going with Logan = MIB, final answer. :whew:

Logan and the MiB don't have the same eye color. William and the MiB do. I like twists but there's really no way to explain why he'd change his eye color without it being a cheap attempt at covering up Logan is the MiB.

And of course Logan already is that, which is why he's obviously not the MiB. A character arc isn't "here's this character....ok now here he is but 30 years later". A character arc is William to the MiB.

Fred.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Logan and the MiB don't have the same eye color. William and the MiB do. I like twists but there's really no way to explain why he'd change his eye color without it being a cheap attempt at covering up Logan is the MiB.

And of course Logan already is that, which is why he's obviously not the MiB. A character arc isn't "here's this character....ok now here he is but 30 years later". A character arc is William to the MiB.

Fred.
Brehs really overthinking it :heh:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange

Fred.

I'm sorry but the eye color thing is a weak argument IMO. That sounds like something a white person would say. White people get spoiled like that. I watched The Leftovers, also on HBO, and they had 2 black parents with an obvious bi-racial kid. The actors have 2 different eye colors, that's life sometimes. As black people we see that kind of bullshyt all the time in casting. shyt, I'd be pissed off if eye color plays a role TBH because they'll throw ANY 2 people with color together and call em fam on TV.

It was just so obviously William for so long but where's the plot twist in that? Everybody is sure it's William but looking back is where you'll find the little, subtle things. There's always clues. In hindsight, it's obvious Bernard is a robot. All the clues were there.

Brehs really overthinking it :heh:

This is Westworld, breh. Has anything been simple on this show?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I'm sorry but the eye color thing is a weak argument IMO. That sounds like something a white person would say. White people get spoiled like that. I watched The Leftovers, also on HBO, and they had 2 black parents with an obvious bi-racial kid. The actors have 2 different eye colors, that's life sometimes. As black people we see that kind of bullshyt all the time in casting. shyt, I'd be pissed off if eye color plays a role TBH because they'll throw ANY 2 people with color together and call em fam on TV.

It was just so obviously William for so long but where's the plot twist in that? Everybody is sure it's William but looking back is where you'll find the little, subtle things. There's always clues. In hindsight, it's obvious Bernard is a robot. All the clues were there.

Why does there need to be a plot twist?

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
Answering questions with questions :mjlol: I'm not even going to bother, that tells me everything I need to know.

Well I said that as a direct result of homie saying there needed to be a character arc so...

I like conversation but not when cats just jump in dikk riding and laughing like little school girls. Tells me all I need to know. :yeshrug:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

Breh that whole bolded part makes no sense. Pointing out that a character's eye color is something for spoiled white people?:what: A show having relatives with different eye colors isn't unusual but having a character's eye change color from blue to brown over the course of 30 years is ridiculous. Trust that a detail like that would not be overlooked by the show runners.