The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I find it hard to believe Maeve just snap out of the blue...Ford has shown us now in multiple episodes he has safeguards and is in complete control...

Dolores used the "Violent delights have violent ends" cheat code on Maeve back in the second episode. That's what broke her out of her loop. The phrase itself is like a kind of a "virus" she got from Abernathy after he found the photo of Logan' sister buried on the farm.
So wait.....no one just happens to notice that Bernard looks just like the Co founder of the park?:dahell:

Someone help me out with that

The real Arnold died before the park even opened. It was so long ago that they were using CGI to make Anthony Hopkins look younger. The host Bernard was activated decades later. You can tell because they're just using makeup on Anthony Hopkins to make Ford look just a little younger than the current day.

In between those two points, William and Logan visited the park. Logan mentioned that the park had a mysterious co-founder that died a few years earlier, and that nobody knew anything about him.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
In the future, yeah.

NOm3_f-maxage-0.gif

I was raking my brain trying to figure out how William and Ford exist in relation to one another in terms of age and I got blank

The timeline thing makes more sense to me now :mjgrin:

The reason it didn't get it before is because people were saying two timelines and I was literally thinking it meant two alternate timelines when really it's just two time periods

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Dolores used the "Violent delights have violent ends" cheat code on Maeve back in the second episode. That's what broke her out of her loop. The phrase itself is like a kind of a "virus" she got from Abernathy after he found the photo of Logan' sister buried on the farm.

The real Arnold died before the park even opened. It was so long ago that they were using CGI to make Anthony Hopkins look younger. The host Bernard was activated decades later. You can tell because they're just using makeup on Anthony Hopkins to make Ford look just a little younger than the current day.

In between those two points, William and Logan visited the park. Logan mentioned that the park had a mysterious co-founder that died a few years earlier, and that nobody knew anything about him.
Aaahhhhhhh.....now that makes sense.

I buy it

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

The only reason no one noticing about Bernard being a copy of Arnold is kinda iffy is that it seems security is non existent so nobody watching Ford's picture is kinda :patrice:

I'm joking but it does seems anyone can get to any place at any time :heh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The maze is a mental state hosts achieve by experiencing the most intense type of emotional suffering known. It is how they achieve consciousness. It is not for the man in black, because he is human. Mae lost her child. Dolores killed Arnold. It is how they pass through. Arnold probably had Dolores kill him to achieve that.
Didn't the MiB say he lost someone he cared about :patrice:

• Dap

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yup and thats when logan was talking about investing in the park. Will works for the same company so im guessing he put up dough too

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
That show had some much potential but it kept going back to the whack ass family storyline. I have no desire to watch season 2 because of that :francis:
The most recent episode was good. Still dealing with the family but damn if Niska didn't show out this ep. And when I say it was good, I mean good on the Humans curve, not Westworld.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The most recent episode was good. Still dealing with the family but damn if Niska didn't show out this ep. And when I say it was good, I mean good on the Humans curve, not Westworld.

Yeah, don't think I'll check that show out again :francis:

Niska though :noah:

• Dap

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I think Maeve is going to bring Bernard back because he's the only one who knows about the backdoor coding. They can't move against Ford until they get it take out.

I also found it interesting that Maeve knew Bernard was a host. Which means if Felix(asian tech) is a host as everyone thinks, then she probably not only knew that but recruited him and that's why it wasn't such a gamble at all for her to lay on the table and let herself be reset. Speculating further I then don't believe all the staff are hosts and that there may be a reveal in the finale showing Felix turns on Sylvester and kills him.

I have one question. How did the MIB know he had to go to that church after he woke up?