The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing they'll need to explain is how a host can re-access past memories. We can delete things on our computer permanently so why isn't Delos doing that?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
As explained in a previous episode, since a host's memory is essentially a perfect storage unit, if they recall memories they experience them as vivid and real as if it were happening that very moment (since it's all computer processing). Dolores backtracks her way to the maze where it all started, at the same time reliving the memories of the first time she made that journey 30 years ago with William (now the MIB) and Logan. The scenes with Dolores involving William and Logan is in the past, the scenes we thought were conversations between Dolores and Bernard can now be placed in the past as well since this episode revealed it was actually Arnold she was talking to. Everything else happens in the present.
:salute: Makes perfect sense

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yeah that's basically what I figured. I wasn't sure if he built him with Arnold's real consciousness or just recreated it as closely as he could but it sounds like the latter. The physical likeness also threw me off cause it seems likely that someone from the past would recognize him at some point. I guess they expect us to suspend some disbelief or assume that Ford would be on top of it since he has complete control over every move Bernard makes.
I also think they rotate staff enough so that no one around from Arnold's day is still around.

I also think Ford made bernard in Arnold's image because he and Arnold didn't get along/had conflicting ideas, and basically having a servant in Arnold's image is a subtle "fukk you" to Arnold.

Ford doesn't like Dolores and as such, he forces her loop to be one of always getting murdered and.or raped, and never getting to live happily ever after with Teddy, a sort of step-in IMO for William (since Teddy is always saying "I told you I'd come back.")

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yup. He's always in control. It's why he has to know what's going on with Maeve, right?

Has to. After episode 7 where Bernard killed Teresa, and Ford knew about Charlotte's plan to push him out by recording through Hector's mind, I went ahead and just assumed that Ford is 2 steps ahead of everyone and knows everything.

He keeps saying it on the show too and characters underestimate him. "We know everything about our guests, don't we? As we do our employees."

He's had other lines too. The only thing I think Ford doesn't know is the part of the code that Arnold put in the hosts, which is why he created the Wyatt narrative...to find out by using Dolores once she fully retraces her steps.
fukk!!!!!!

man, jeffery white is too good of an actor to get rid of in the first season :damn:

Right?!

No way we won't see him again this season if not next. Just my 2 cents. That's what's awesome about him being a host. They can keep him around and have a bunch of ways to explain it.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
yo, so who's the cat in the middle?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo, so who's the cat in the middle?

Ford's father or the host version of him. That's why when Bernard first found the cabin with Ford's family his first question was are you Arnold. That was the only other person he could see in the picture and should have been our first clue that Bernard was a host.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
all the staff are robots, so they're programmed not to know
That's the only real explanation. Especially now that we know Ford can make bots that are aware of bots but don't believe they are one. Matter of fact its pretty logical to do that and for a guy like Ford it would make sense that he'd do that. The question besides 'why does nobody recognize Arnold' is how does nobody realize he has no history? IRS, insurance, etc. Everyone has a footprint and people at that high of a level in that type of work draw attention

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the only real explanation. Especially now that we know Ford can make bots that are aware of bots but don't believe they are one. Matter of fact its pretty logical to do that and for a guy like Ford it would make sense that he'd do that. The question besides 'why does nobody recognize Arnold' is how does nobody realize he has no history? IRS, insurance, etc. Everyone has a footprint and people at that high of a level in that type of work draw attention
I knew from episode 3 all the staff were robots, why would you pay humans to do shyt robots can do for free

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
"Never place your trust in us, we're only human. Eventually we will disappoint you." :wow: They ether, they way Anthony brings his lines are :blessed: Playing everyone like a damn piano :banderas:

Bernard looking like :wtf: please not again. Clementine :mjcry::banderas:save her maeve :damn:

Yeah that scene with "billy" was like :lupe:he just killed a whole army and about to finesse logan on something fierce :myman:. But we know he goes back to the real world, marries and has kids and then when she dies he comes back. How old was he when he came back and how long has he been playing :lupe:

Next week 90 min :ahh:

it's so hannibal lechter-ish!!! :demonic:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all the staff are robots, so they're programmed not to know

Until the bernard reveal we assumed they were all human but after Ford's convo with theresa and bout blood sacrifices i think there may be more than we know sprinkled in various departments because he is a control freak and 2 steps ahead. Thats why i believe the asian tech is one too.

We see they recycle the hosts like old girl who greeted william and they got a basement full of them so probably when a human ready to quit ford sets up a bot with an interview. The HR manager probably a host

:russ:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Has to. After episode 7 where Bernard killed Teresa, and Ford knew about Charlotte's plan to push him out by recording through Hector's mind, I went ahead and just assumed that Ford is 2 steps ahead of everyone and knows everything.

He keeps saying it on the show too and characters underestimate him. "We know everything about our guests, don't we? As we do our employees."

He's had other lines too. The only thing I think Ford doesn't know is the part of the code that Arnold put in the hosts, which is why he created the Wyatt narrative...to find out by using Dolores once she fully retraces her steps.

Exactly. It's why he gave back the memories of Wyatt to Teddy and why he has no problem with the MiB going after the maze.

The MiB keeps saying Ford has no part in the game he's playing but my guess is that once he gets to the maze and goes to that basement with Dolores, Ford is gonna show up and fukkery will ensue :blessed: :blessed:

I do wonder if the little girl in the town (Lawrence/El Lazo's kid in the current storyline) was programmed by Arnold or Ford. She's the only one that seems to be conscious about what happened and what the maze is all about :patrice: