The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The MIB wanting to die in there makes perfect sense - it's the park's last taboo, so to speak.

Maeve The Wokebot :wow:She's going to give Bernard some knowledge that Ford doesn't want him to have, to bring the creation story full circle. shyt - for all we know - he could have been her kid's dad in a past build.:yeshrug:

The two songs I recognized tonight were House Of The Rising Sun and Back To Black.:leon:

The Savagebots that run with Wyatt though:damn: All of those dudes have woodcutter privileges :demonic:

This nikka really made a robot that wants to eat people. Can't see that backfiring horribly at all. :russ:

Is the two timeline theory still in play? I'm :ehh:about it either way, but the thought of MIB being Will after 30 years of marriage is :ohhh:to me.

BREH... THE MAN IN BLACK, SAW THE INTRODUCTION ROBOT FROM EPISODE ONE, AND SAID 'SUPRISED THEY HAVEN'T RETIRED YOU YET' so of course its two timelines. that alone is evidence

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how it can't be now :manny:, especially with them seemingly confirming it the last couple of episodes.

Maeve storyline continues to be the most entertaining for me. Thandie Newton is killing it, all while being naked in like half her scenes :wow:

The look she gave the new Clementine when she showed up :leostare:had me :mjlol:. I have no idea if she will make it out of the park, but damn if she's not going to try.

Delores recalling the early days seemed like it was a time she went haywire before. For her not to be unplugged yet, she must be special.

Looks like Ford told Bernard to put Elsie in that Million Dollar Dream sleeper hold :sadcam:

Ford giving Charlotte the :sas1: while talking about Theresa was great. Like he really was going to fall for the okie doke :sas2:.

Fitting that Teddy and the MIB would have to take on a minotaur while searching for the maze.

BREH... THE MAN IN BLACK, SAW THE INTRODUCTION ROBOT FROM EPISODE ONE, AND SAID 'SUPRISED THEY HAVEN'T RETIRED YOU YET' so of course its two timelines. that alone is evidence

the man in blacks story of having a wife, and cheating, is also the same story as dude from episode 1 as they're the same person

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Just extremely bad. Takes me out of the story everytime.

I love the show otherwise.

Oh, and it's pretty much confirmed this episode that William = MiB right? We are seeing 3 or 4 time frames
I agree about maeve. There's no reason those Tech's should have ever listened to her in the first place. They should have rebooted her immediately.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
So there are a solid 3-4 time periods right?

1. 35 years ago - Dolores' massacre in the park.

2. 30 years ago - William and Dolores time period

3. just before present day - Maeve and her daughter slaughtered by MiB.

4. Present day - MiB, Dolores retracing her steps alone back to the "scene of the crime", Bernard and Ford killing Teresa, Maeve fully aware and wanting to break free, etc.

Am I missing anything?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I totally thought dr Ford was gonna make a host to replace the dead Theresa.
Me too. They definitely chose to give us a red herring there.

I agree about maeve. There's no reason those Tech's should have ever listened to her in the first place. They should have rebooted her immediately.

I still have a feeling that this will be explained? I dunno. The creator said it would make more sense in episode 8, but that was last night's, and I'm still not fully understanding it either.

BTW I think there were some rough edits in this that may have showed time cuts/loops that almost got missed?

For example, when William was looking down at that dying man, he was clearly thinking about putting him out of his misery. Then Dolores came back and the guy was still breathing, then it cut away, then right back to him and he was dead, and the sun looked different?

Did anyone catch that?

fukk this show has me questioning everything I see.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
There's also timeline Three-1 year: MiB comes to the park after his wife dies and kills Maeve and her daughter and realizes that Maeve became conscious for a few seconds.

I actually think they're cheating a little bit with the multiple timeline thing. This episode basically said that Dolores' "flashbacks" are due to hosts having perfect photographic memory and no ability to tell memories from reality. So that's why she sees herself as walking through THREE timellines at once. But its a little bit of a cheat, because we're seeing some events in the "Dolores & William" timeline that Dolores wasn't around to see. So some of the flashback's are "William's"
memories.

This episode had me so confused, at one point I thought they might be flashing FORWARD. When Bernard and Ford were cleaning up Maeve, I wasn't sure if that might have taken place after Bernard killed Therese.

But this isn't LOST, so I don't think they'll be flashing forward.

This episode got me so confused, for once I can't even guess at where they're going with this :mindblown:
This episode really...threw me for a loop...

:troll:

In all seriousness, I was following really well without any help from the coli brethren or reddit up until this episode. Now I'm legitimately :mindblown:

But I have faith they'll clear it up.

I'm still shocked at how much stuff on "this season on westworld" after episode 1 they still haven't shown...I've never heard of a show using parts from the final 2 episode on their season teaser. Don't go back and watch it if you don't want some minor or even major spoilers.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

It would only make slight sense if they turn out to be hosts, but even that would seem far fetched.

It's pretty bad writing. Those characters just behave in such an unbelievable way to further the plot. It stands out like a sore thumb in an otherwise excellent show

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
I wonder what MIB did to cause his wife to kill herself :jbhmm:. You think maybe he's somehow behind Logan's death and she found out? Wasn't William marrying Logan's sister? Of course this is assuming MIB = Logan

Whatever he did it's bad enough his daughter blames him too

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
'Come On-line Bernard':banderas: Murder cover-up bribe:demonic: to Erased Memory Clean:wow: Dr. Ford's a diabolical GAWD:lawd: Delores De Ja Vu glitches:huhldup: Tessa T.'s dazzling role:whew: Amy Whinehouse Back to Black:ohhh: Flipped the script:krs: Slit a bloody CaC neck:win: Maueve:fire:'s the Real MVP:youngsabo: TMIB"s an inherited Savage:scust: The Maze is the Outlet:lupe: Teddy Ls BACK:francis: Beast Goons in the bushes cut:birdman:

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
It would only make slight sense if they turn out to be hosts, but even that would seem far fetched.

It's pretty bad writing. Those characters just behave in such an unbelievable way to further the plot. It stands out like a sore thumb in an otherwise excellent show
What if Ford knows, but wants Maeve to do whatever she is doing for some greater purpose?