The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Jards

All Star
Daps
Damn, wish I was watching it live. As soon as Bernard said 'what door?' it was confirmation of him being a robot. They coulda made it a little less obvious with how they set it up, but it was still set up nicely, and you coulda missed it if you weren't paying attention. Poor Theresa. Thought she was slick, and was being played the whole time.

Hopkins is absolutely killing his role man. I mean, of course he is, but I mean, he is KILLING it. God I love him. His delivery, and inflections, and facial expressions are just perfect. We always like to say 'X was the perfect person to play character Y', mainly because that's all we see, and bias creeps in, but damn if they couldn't have picked a better person to play that part.

Also, Dolores was one of the prototypes in his secret lab, so it's now doubly clear that she's got a big time part to play here. Maeve trying to get out now too. Next couple episodes gonna be on tilt.
#FordSet :wow:

Jards

All Star
Daps
Breh....
vX3YXHo.jpg

Its pretty fukking obvious now, there's someone standing to the right of Arnold in this pic, and Bernard can't see them...
Bernard could be Arnold? Hopkins said Bernard wasn't there when Arnold was there - Arnold was killed and replaced with Bernard maybe....

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Binged watched this week. HOLY fukk THIS SHOW IS :mindblown: :wow: and :demonic: status

The more the story advances, the less I care about Dolores and McPoyle :francis:

Anthony Hopkins is fukking amazing in this. Motherfukker can do evil like no else :damn:

Bernard just a damn puppet :to:

And this is supposed to be mapped out for 5-6 seasons? :wtf: :dwillhuh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Bernard could be Arnold? Hopkins said Bernard wasn't there when Arnold was there - Arnold was killed and replaced with Bernard maybe....

My speculation on where they're going:
I suspect the robot known as "Bernard" was built by Arnold as a "host" to hold Arnold's downloaded mind. Then Arnold would be immortal in the physical world, since every time a host body wore out he could just build a new one.

Ford wanted nothing more than to be a god in the artificial world of the park, and he thought Arnold's crazy schemes were interfering with his own godhood. So he somehow tricked Arnold into transferring his mind into a computer, then he killed Arnold's physical body and stole his host body to create the Bernard AI.

If the above is close to the truth, I predict that at some point Arnold is able to merge his mind with Bernard's to become one being. So what they're calling the "Bicameral Mind" turns out to be a fusion of a human mind and a semi-independent AI mind sharing one body.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Delos plan is to kill all the execs and replace them with robots?
hell no they want to replace world leaders and people of influence. Ford can make AI so advanced it is indistinguishable from a human. You could kill anyone and replace them if you had the code.

and when you think of things with that in mind, is Ford REALLY evil? He's trying to prevent delos from getting code that they could do dastardly things with and homegirl was helping them.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
my friend sent me 3 page text about how he hates that some scenes we see things from the host's point of view and their inability to see things that would make them question reality like when Bernard looks at the photo of ford and his father and arnold or when Bernard first enters the house with ford's host family and doesn't see the door that we see later in the next episode. he says he thinks its cheap trickery and insults the viewer. I just don't get that point of view. I love that shyt not to mention it makes sense in context of westworld and there are clues that they're doing it, like the photo looks weird and ford just "appears" in the house to save bernard from being choked out.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
my friend sent me 3 page text about how he hates that some scenes we see things from the host's point of view and their inability to see things that would make them question reality like when Bernard looks at the photo of ford and his father and arnold or when Bernard first enters the house with ford's host family and doesn't see the door that we see later in the next episode. he says he thinks its cheap trickery and insults the viewer. I just don't get that point of view. I love that shyt not to mention it makes sense in context of westworld and there are clues that they're doing it, like the photo looks weird and ford just "appears" in the house to save bernard from being choked out.

I totally agree with your friend. That we aren't shown everything is lame to me. I thought that specifically about the picture and i assume it will be a scene later that shows Arnold/Bernard in the picture but before this last episode we didn't have confirmation that the host couldn't see certain things so you're suppose to see it all at face value. I get that it's a way to hide important plot points and but it indeed seems cheap to me also.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was one of... if not the first to call out Bernard being a host :blessed:

Ford is demonic and only Anthony Hopkins can pull off that evil old genius shyt

This Delores storyline is getting :russell: in hindsight, i hope the payoff is worth it

Everything that has been set in motion in Westworld is all part of Ford's game, The Man in Black is the force trying to stop his shyt.

This fukkin show man :wow:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Brehs, it's Dolores not Delores. Delores is not a real name :heh:

Is there any speculation on what Ford's new storyline is about? :lupe: is it even a storyline? :lupe:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Brehs, it's Dolores not Delores. Delores is not a real name :heh:

Is there any speculation on what Ford's new storyline is about? :lupe: is it even a storyline? :lupe:

I thought for the longest (and so did a lot of people) that it was Delores as a play on Delos, turns out it wasn't. :manny:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I totally agree with your friend. That we aren't shown everything is lame to me. I thought that specifically about the picture and i assume it will be a scene later that shows Arnold/Bernard in the picture but before this last episode we didn't have confirmation that the host couldn't see certain things so you're suppose to see it all at face value. I get that it's a way to hide important plot points and but it indeed seems cheap to me also.
I just don't see it as cheap, within the context of westworld the hosts not seeing things makes sense, and when we are seeing things from their POV there are clues, like the photo of ford and arnold just looked weird, like it looked like someone was cut out of the photo, people picked up on this immediately, and 2 episodes ago when bernard goes into the house ford just "appears" out of thin air when bernard gets choked. It wasn't like there was no clues to these things.