The Official Washington Wizards News & Notes Thread

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
They're just moving to Potomac Yard? People were acting like Woodbridge or Fairfax was getting a team lol.

I'll miss hitting the metro and walking out to Chinatown and into the arena but I'm not in the DMV anymore so oh well.
Yea Woodbridge would be wack as hell. Potomac Yard might as well be DC :manny:

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
I go to more shows and concerts than wizard games and I don’t know about driving or catching the metro to those events in va

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Different strokes for different folks, my brother...

I'm not from the middle of nowhere so obviously my love for Virginia isn't because I'm from some rural hick town. You've expanded the conversation to include "experience", which, while some find a greater experience in NoVa, count me in with those who find a greater experience in Rich...

Richmond is significantly blacker than anywhere in the entirety of Northern Virginia, and that has a profound impact on how one can experience a place. There's a different history and story in Richmond unlike anything you can find in NoVa...

Richmond is far more walkable than most of those areas you named which are mostly office buildings and bland "new urbanist" townhomes and apartments. If "experience" matters there is nowhere in Northern Virginia that matches the character of Richmond, which aesthetically has more diverse housing stock and more of a pulse a living, breathing city...

Not the supergrown soccer mom suburbs of a major city...

Even with The Beach, it's one of those cities you have to live in to truly experience the culture. Most people who go to The Beach go to The Oceanfront----->that is not an indication of what living in the city is like. And really, Virginia Beach has more of an independent streak than NoVa, though I'd reiterate again, it shares some commonalities with Northern Virginia, though just at a smaller scale...

You couldn't pay me enough money to live in Northern Virginia again. If I was going to Virginia, I'm not going to the suburbs, and if I was going to the DMV area, it's District or bust because I have even less of an opinion about Maryland than I have about NoVa...

But it's definitely different strokes for different folks, brodie!

NOVA just looks so unnatural to me. Place is just confusing

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Man I got a lot of thoughts

- The writing is always on the wall. I used to work downtown and that area used to be poppin. But it was plagued by was high school kids loitering outside of the adjacent McDonald’s and chipotle. Such a small thing, but that alone probably slowly driving people (white people) away. A ton of retail spots closed even before the pandemic and it escalated after

-Born n raised in Alexandria. As an adult lived a mile away from Potomac yard/Crystal city. It’s definitely an up and coming rebranded area. People completely forgot about Amazon headquarters moving there also. So…..I get it. Just off the new influx of highly paid locals, they have enough to have a fan base. It’s very much an Oakland to San Francisco type of move :mjpls:

-Kind of a tangent but it’s WILD to think all the money and ripple effects on 2 states and multiple communities this has when we’re dealing with 20-25 years olds , and in this case Jordan Poole. Jordan Poole, the most unserious ngga of all time, is related to political and geographical reorganization that will mold city planning for the next few decades :heh:

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Potomac Yard might as well be DC :manny:

Basically. A lot of folk used to dip into Potomac yard after partying in the city, bc it had the only IHOP around

I actually saw KD there once :ehh: The lockout year when they had all those summer league games, there was one at UDC. I go to IHOP that morning and there’s KD leaving dolo like he wasn’t about to play in 2 hours :wtf:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Basically. A lot of folk used to dip into Potomac yard after partying in the city, bc it had the only IHOP around

I actually saw KD there once :ehh: The lockout year when they had all those summer league games, there was one at UDC. I go to IHOP that morning and there’s KD leaving dolo like he wasn’t about to play in 2 hours :wtf:
IHOP :scust:

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
Yeah the skins definitely need to be back in the city now
Might need its own thread but yall think Baltimore can support an nba team if the wizards make that move to nova?

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Might need its own thread but yall think Baltimore can support an nba team if the wizards make that move to nova?

It would be blocked by the Wizards because it's within their territory limits, even with the move to VA. Believe NBA Territory rights extend 75 miles from where a team is located.

Also, if teams are added, most likely it'll be Seattle and Vegas.

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
It would be blocked by the Wizards because it's within their territory limits, even with the move to VA. Believe NBA Territory rights extend 75 miles from where a team is located.

Also, if teams are added, most likely it'll be Seattle and Vegas.
True, I ain’t hip on the territory rights

Yeah it’s a forgone conclusion Seattle and Vegas getting expansion teams I was more so speaking to a team like the pelicans or the thunder relocating

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
sorry ass Commanders in Landover
Wizards and Caps in NoVa...

its all the same. I bet you wont have youngins acting crazy in Va tho...lol

Im not outraged by this.