The Official Washington Wizards News & Notes Thread

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The city should be spiteful and tax him on everything until they leave.

Real talk this is some bullshyt, and I am not even a wizards fan or a DC native.
Breh I just check on Google maps and it’s like Brooklyn to Manhattan, like just by the pentagon :mjlol:

Dudes were talking like they were moving to cape Charles

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but where will the tax money and jobs generated go to?
“Only” sales tax in stores and stuff like that will be lost directly from the way I see it. State corporate income tax will be paid where it’s incorporated I guess, which might be in DC or wherever. Don’t know where it’s now either.

As far as jobs goes, people who live in DC can’t cross a bridge? And people who live in Maryland and VA don’t work in DC today? Like did the Wizards and Capitals move to DC in the 90s fundamentally change the employment in DC?

From the way it seems, it sounds like prestige thing and the fact that the metro trip might be a bytch. But google says 20 minutes by bike :hubie:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
It’s the traffic 95 north between Woodbridge and DC is the worst traffic in the nation maybe behind LA
That's why people who aren't in that area or don't go through there that likes this need to shut the fcck up.

Traffic is bad now during rush hour, can you imagine that shyt once the offices and hotels for this project are finished???

AND there's still the matter of the vTech building and the other Amazon site in Crystal City.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Huggy Lowdown just said they're gonna turn Capital One Arena into the world's biggest carryout :mjlol:

Gallery bout to go back to being Chinatown again….:skip:

But naw, considering how bad the wiz have been and how irrelevant the Caps are outside of the cac transients nothing of real importance was lost. If DC can get the skins to move back then it offsets the Wiz/Caps loss.