The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
We literally just saw Jamaica not place their best runner on anchor in the 4x100 relay the other day.

It’s not an always thing like you saying.
You can argue that Shericka Jackson this season has been Jamaica's best sprinter overall. So Jamaica did put their best runner as anchor on the W 4x100.

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why Sydney never celebrate?

Im like you just got a world record and a gold and you barely Crack a smile. She needs to loosen up. Even Michael Jordan, kobe and Tom Brady celebrated and they the most serious athletes ever

She too uptight or she just an unhappy person and winning truly doesn't fulfill her

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You can argue that Shericka Jackson this season has been Jamaica's best sprinter overall. So Jamaica did put their best runner as anchor on the W 4x100.

You can’t argue that when someone on the team just beat her for the gold. :heh:

US men didn’t have their best on anchor either. So of the 4 relay events, right off the top of my head in 50% of them I have an example of the fastest person not running anchor but you saying it “always” happens. :mjlol:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
You can’t argue that when someone on the team just beat her for the gold. :heh:

US men didn’t have their best on anchor either. So of the 4 relay events, right off the top of my head in 50% of them I have an example of the fastest person not running anchor but you saying it “always” happens. :mjlol:
You do know what "overall" means, right?

You do know what "this season" means, right?

You do know that both the 100 & 200 (in which Shericka won gold) are sprint events, right?

You do know that I said that teams SHOULD (*key word*) always put their best athlete as anchor, right?

You do know that putting the best athlete on anchor happens MOST of the time in track, right?

Go argue somewhere else :camby: