The Official Track & Field Thread - RIP Rebecca Cheptegei

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Y’all say she get too much attention but stalking her IG stories. Who cares. She don’t have to post Alyson and I doubt Alyson cares.
People focus on drama too much.
She creates her own drama. She’s the one that smoked weed before an important championship race (now whether you should be punished for weed in this current era is another story), and she’s the one cutting wrestling promos before and after races while losing. A couple of her homegirls were in the championships winning medals while she was at home watching them and making photoshops.

mykey

Superstar
Daps
Because the US media/citizens do a shyt job of promoting/paying attention to the sport and it's corny to up coverage of it to elevate a white sprinter while having ignored the other talent for years. It’s like when a white r&b singer gets to be the face of r&b
Do you remember Christophe Lemaitre? No? I don't blame you, nobody remembers him. Well, the French sprinter became the first white athlete ever to break the 10-second barrier in the 100m dash. He legit became the face of sprinting for doing something black athletes have been routinely doing since 1968. Lemaitre was all over the media, you would think he had cured cancer.

Then the legend Usain Bolt appeared on the scene and it was a wrap.. Same thing here. At some point, Shericka Jackson or Elaine Thompson-Herah will break Flo-Jo's records and the American media will look ridiculous trying to prop up a mediocre white athlete.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Do you remember Christophe Lemaitre? No? I don't blame you, nobody remembers him. Well, the French sprinter became the first white athlete ever to break the 10-second barrier in the 100m dash. He legit became the face of sprinting for doing something black athletes have been routinely doing since 1968. Lemaitre was all over the media, you would think he had cured cancer.

Then the legend Usain Bolt appeared on the scene and it was a wrap.. Same thing here. At some point, Shericka Jackson or Elaine Thompson-Herah will break Flo-Jo's records and the American media will look ridiculous trying to prop up a mediocre white athlete.
that’s not true, well in your example. Why would the US media be propping up Sherika who isn’t American? They’re always gonna prop up an American athlete, they’ll just look stupid if/when Abby has a Lolo Jones moment in the Olympics and the next person who has next is a sista.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
that’s not true, well in your example. Why would the US media be propping up Sherika who isn’t American? They’re always gonna prop up an American athlete, they’ll just look stupid if/when Abby has a Lolo Jones moment in the Olympics and the next person who has next is a sista.
London 2012 was one of my favorite Olympic years cause I very much enjoyed seeing Dawn Harper and Kellie Wells make Lolo eat dirt then. Lolo had all that attention only to get smoked.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I remember Lemaitre. He was on the scene after Bolt ran his 2 WR's in Berlin.

And Lemaitre wasn't the face of sprinting maybe European level at best and that was peaked with 1-2 years.

You either got your timeline phucked up or youre purposely lying?

America only care about the Olympics they aren't going to ramp up any real mainstream interest in Track & Field till after Paris when they start picking their faces/poster men and women for LA 2028.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Sometimes I think y’all forget that the American media is supposed to prop up American athletes when it comes to international sports. :heh:

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I heard people on twitter saying she doesn’t seem happy. They said she did a live complaining about people in her life not being happy, not getting attention she feels she deserves, it’s never enough etc

I wonder if being a provide has to do with it?

She is hella nervous before races.

Yea see i knew something was up. People that win championships and break records celebrate. She doesn't at all.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I heard people on twitter saying she doesn’t seem happy. They said she did a live complaining about people in her life not being happy, not getting attention she feels she deserves, it’s never enough etc

I wonder if being a provide has to do with it?

She is hella nervous before races.

Yea see i knew something was up. People that win championships and break records celebrate. She doesn't at all.

She's probably n introvert.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4