The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
but its not sustainable
As a first time buyer you are screwed.

How are condos 5,6,700k
how are townhomes like 800k

The same person I'm helping out look for a place they make nearly 100k a year as a single person, have a credit rating of nearly 800 and they onlyqualified for a mortgage of 475k :wow:

Couldn't even find a decent condo in the gta for that price:francis:

Renting is the best option now , all them old airbnb condos on the market and folks desperate for cash, cerb dried up people moving back home looking for a savior

The best thing now to me and i said it before is to rent a house you can get a nice big house for like 2,700-3 grand if you can find a few people :blessed:

:picard:

I feel terrible putting that much money in a landlord's hand, even if it is split up.

Gotta bite the bullet
:manny:

After school I'm heading to the states. Put my head down and try to retire in my 40s.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:picard:

I feel terrible putting that much money in a landlord's hand, even if it is split up.

Gotta bite the bullet
:manny:

After school I'm heading to the states. Put my head down and try to retire in my 40s.

Don’t blame you breh how does a single person save and make it here in the gta

even if you’re paying like 1,700 for rent
Add internet
Add car insurance / gas or a presto card
Add groceries
Add other expenses

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What the likelihood of housing prices ever going down?

Only if interest rates go high like the late 80s early 90s which I doubt it

Canada is planning on having one million new immigrants in the next three years and majority will want to come to Toronto

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
49CEB982-C7CC-40A7-A299-15E1914A0870.jpeg

:beli:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Don’t blame you breh how does a single person save and make it here in the gta

even if you’re paying like 1,700 for rent
Add internet
Add car insurance / gas or a presto card
Add groceries
Add other expenses

Yeah if you're single you have to be making at least $26--$28 just to float over the necessities and get a savings fund.

And for those without an education or skills, those two part time jobs might not be enough.

:mjcry:

The youth gonna fall into and maintain a cycle of defeat and taking from those they can.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah if you're single you have to be making at least $26--$28 just to float over the necessities and get a savings fund.

And for those without an education or skills, those two part time jobs might not be enough.

:mjcry:

The youth gonna fall into and maintain a cycle of defeat and taking from those they can.

Yup we are screwed. Even fifteen years ago making 20 a hour you could get a mortgage and buy a condo or a townhome now?

i remember when black folks would go to Ajax or Brampton
You can’t even go there anymore houses in Brampton are over a mill same as Ajax

when people looked down on Scarborough now you need like 1.2 mill to buy a 50 year old bungalow

Hell I remember five years ago helping a friend rent a condo and a brand new 1bdrm was 1,300 and we were like nah to expensive. Now basement apartments go for 1,300

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where you guys recommend investing in Ontario? The whole GTA out the question (I was checking today and everywhere average crib is a mill except Oshawa which I think was in the 700s)

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
west of kitchener, east of courtice...literal no wheresville

yeah but how long will it take to appreciate? If that’s the case we might as well invest in Thunder Bay. They got cribs in the 100s

what you think of Barrie? Too late for Hamilton

they got a couple good real estate YouTube channels based basically in the gta you guys should check out

Andrew Hines
Rise
Jas thakar

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Young people need to just get out of Toronto and Vancouver. Hell, out of Canada if you can. There are many opportunities out there but over here we are conditioned to pay through the nose for shyt. We are conditioned to pay high taxes.

You can actually live elsewhere with a better quality of life and a lot of money in your pocket. If I was young, single and could leave, I would. Even Ottawa is a good alternative. High incomes, cheaper real estate. Toronto makes no sense...and this is coming from someone who has benefited from high prices.

genesis09

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Young people need to just get out of Toronto and Vancouver. Hell, out of Canada if you can. There are many opportunities out there but over here we are conditioned to pay through the nose for shyt. We are conditioned to pay high taxes.

You can actually live elsewhere with a better quality of life and a lot of money in your pocket. If I was young, single and could leave, I would. Even Ottawa is a good alternative. High incomes, cheaper real estate. Toronto makes no sense...and this is coming from someone who has benefited from high prices.

I guess one of the major things would be the work situation for me. When you lay it all out like that, there isn’t really any benefit these days living in the GTA. Outside of Canada may have more opportunities sadly I think the comfort is what keeps many hostages including myself. I always found it interesting speaking to people from the stats for example and they rarely even just stay in they’re home city or state. Most people haven’t been outside of this province :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yeah but how long will it take to appreciate? If that’s the case we might as well invest in Thunder Bay. They got cribs in the 100s

what you think of Barrie? Too late for Hamilton

they got a couple good real estate YouTube channels based basically in the gta you guys should check out

Andrew Hines
Rise
Jas thakar

its even too late for barrie now I think
a few years ago london and st catharines were great now last i checked even there are like 6 and 700k

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I guess one of the major things would be the work situation for me. When you lay it all out like that, there isn’t really any benefit these days living in the GTA. Outside of Canada may have more opportunities sadly I think the comfort is what keeps many hostages including myself. I always found it interesting speaking to people from the stats for example and they rarely even just stay in they’re home city or state. Most people haven’t been outside of this province :francis:

atlanta :francis:

Untitled.jpg