The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Toronto and the gta is the woat

but but london, yeah you can live a hour outside of london and find some place for dirt cheap and still get into the city fast
hong kong same thing
nyc? you can live in jersey

gta even 2 hours outside in a place like kingston ontario still 6 and 700k ridiculous

other provinces aren't as screwed as we are

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are places in ATL that are 400 k are the equivalent of toronto 2mill? ATL is a metroplitan spot

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
atlanta :francis:

Untitled.jpg

But do you want to live in Atlanta though? :scust:

Daps
Can't the government cut us a damn stimulus cheque?

Gosh damn even working Americans have got like 3k so far

Never happening.

I want to rant because I am truly beginning to hate this country:

Canada's wealth gap is literally approaching feudalist territory where most of the wealth is concentrated to the .01%. those fukkers also control majority of the government regulation so getting a loan for a business/ trying to build something becomes fukking impossible because the oligarchs of this country keep regulations tight to prevent competition.

and we have not even felt the long-term affects of COVID yet. We have the highest unemployment rate coupled with a housing bubble, and the fukking lowest wages.

I hate to be all doom and gloom and I try to be optimistic but it's tough,

I think not focusing on our real economic problems and thinking we are better than the USA because of "free healthcare" has led canada to be where it is now. Don't get it twisted though, I would rather be poor in Canada than the The USA.

Canada is in for some dark dark times.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess one of the major things would be the work situation for me. When you lay it all out like that, there isn’t really any benefit these days living in the GTA. Outside of Canada may have more opportunities sadly I think the comfort is what keeps many hostages including myself. I always found it interesting speaking to people from the stats for example and they rarely even just stay in they’re home city or state. Most people haven’t been outside of this province :francis:

Yes, the comfort and the brainwashing that Canada is the greatest. It is for people from other countries. Becoming increasingly less for people who are born here. The fear of the unknown is what keeps people here. But of all my friends who left...they gained a whole new perspective and many actually became angry because they experienced a much better life outside. I encourage young folk who aren't attached to at least see what's out there. Everyone I know that left did not want to come back and don't even care to visit.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are places in ATL that are 400 k are the equivalent of toronto 2mill? ATL is a metroplitan spot

Location. That's all it is. Price of land. Look at the price of land in both places. Also the cost of labor and materials. Canada slaps a big fat 13-16% tax on everything. We really need to start developing industries outside of oil and real estate that can really get the economy going.

Atlanta vs Toronto is not even a contest on the international scale. Toronto has world class schools, hospitals, hotels, etc. A true international city. Not Atlanta. Compare Atlanta to Calgary or something.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Location. That's all it is. Price of land. Look at the price of land in both places. Also the cost of labor and materials. Canada slaps a big fat 13-16% tax on everything. We really need to start developing industries outside of oil and real estate that can really get the economy going.

Atlanta vs Toronto is not even a contest on the international scale. Toronto has world class schools, hospitals, hotels, etc. A true international city. Not Atlanta. Compare Atlanta to Calgary or something.

I strongly disagree.

1. Atlanta overall has better schools/ universities.
2. The world busiest Airport
3. Better weather
4. Rich Black Culture
5. Top 10 biggest economy in the US

Toronto Diversity means South Asians, and Chinese people 90% of the time, with sprinkle of some African and Caribbean Blacks.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah but how long will it take to appreciate? If that’s the case we might as well invest in Thunder Bay. They got cribs in the 100s

what you think of Barrie? Too late for Hamilton

they got a couple good real estate YouTube channels based basically in the gta you guys should check out

Andrew Hines
Rise
Jas thakar

This isn't the craziest idea. Rent is pretty high in Thunder Bay in comparison to house prices. Only issue would be property management costs. If you could get a 4 plex it could make sense.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Can't the government cut us a damn stimulus cheque?

Gosh damn even working Americans have got like 3k so far
we got screwed
no stimulus
sever lockdown
travel restrictions
lack of vaccines production

america doing 3mill vaccinations a day.. canada barley 20k

all around L's AFTER L's

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Government opened up AZ/Oxford vaccinations for people age 60-64 this week. Denmark just suspended using it this morning

If any of you have family members wanting to take it, please re-consider it. Too much bad news with this vaccine

yup

only phizer moderna and jj

anything else..im goood

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we got screwed
no stimulus
sever lockdown
travel restrictions
lack of vaccines production

america doing 3mill vaccinations a day.. canada barley 20k

all around L's AFTER L's

All I know is Canada better have alot of shyt open in the summer. This country is fukking hurting and the cases aren't even that bad compared to every where else. If this shyt keeps going too long shyt is going to get real over here.