The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No lockdown over there either. Businesses have been normal, aside from closing the gyms and restaurants at the beginning of the pandemic. They restricted travel to citizens only, made masks mandatory and created their own PPE chain once this shyt popped off.

Meanwhile, Canada has done nothing besides procrastinate since this whole thing started.

Remember when Doug Ford said they were going to create N96 masks in March? Yeah, that never happened :mjlol:

This is why when people say Canada can't afford to do anything, I just laugh at them. South Korea's GDP is slightly less and they have a larger and more dense population to control. Canada could easily do any of this shyt. They just choose not to because our politicians and health officials are idiots

It's because all our politicians have to do is point to America and say "we're doing better than them" and we just keep voting for them. And this is with everything, not just covid.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't see what's the big deal about politicians who travelled abroad except the one who lied about it. There is nothing at all wrong with travelling especially with the 14 day quarantine and now having to test negative on return and most countries you had to test negative to even board the plane.

This government will have you rotting at home for two straight years.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
3300 cases on 39000 tests....not good :beli:

how much longer can people survive like this? Vaccinate those in long term care and those who work there and let's carry on :hubie:

Cases are still high and malls are closed, no indoor dining, most stores are closed except for curbside pickup. Rarely anyone is travelling now due to this archaic travel measures, border to us is still closed, school is virtual, universities have been virtual all year. Clubs and strip clubs closed, masks are worn by most people yet cases are still high.

And all you hear on tv is more measures from drs making 300k and politicans making 150-250k a year. Soon there will be no small businesses left the way this is going

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
how much longer can people survive like this? Vaccinate those in long term care and those who work there and let's carry on :hubie:

Cases are still high and malls are closed, no indoor dining, most stores are closed except for curbside pickup. Rarely anyone is travelling now due to this archaic travel measures, border to us is still closed, school is virtual, universities have been virtual all year. Clubs and strip clubs closed, masks are worn by most people yet cases are still high.

And all you hear on tv is more measures from drs making 300k and politicans making 150-250k a year. Soon there will be no small businesses left the way this is going
Bro vaccines are still sitting at warehouses

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
The list of MPs that left the country during a pandemic :snoop: @trick

Doesn't surprise me.

Politicians here: "Do as I say, not as I do"

But what’s wrong with that?

What if they came back and infected people? You already got dumbasses like that Ajax MP who tried to cover up his St.Barts trip, you know cacs like that aren't following the quarantine rules and they're just gonna mingle with people or go out whenever they want

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Didnt health canada say no to non essential travel..and these are politicans
What message does that send though

I personally dont care.

but it's not a law though
there are always travel advisories when i went to nigeria it advised me not to as well.

Why not close the borders then if you are going to be tarred and feathered for travelling?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Doesn't surprise me.

Politicians here: "Do as I say, not as I do"

What if they came back and infected people? You already got dumbasses like that Ajax MP who tried to cover up his St.Barts trip, you know cacs like that aren't following the quarantine rules and they're just gonna mingle with people or go out whenever they want

Well now with the new rule of testing negative and also quadrating for 14 days plus for many countries you have to test negative anyways before flying out. It's not like they broke the law it's just recommended for people to not travel but its not outlawed.