The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
A friend of my dad moved to Argentina for like half the year once he turned 60. He's way happier. If I'm healthy, I don't want to stay here once I'm 60ish

Interesting thread on South Korea's process of handling travelers. They are not taking any chances over there:

Those Asians don't play
Self preservation above all
West could learn a few things

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Those Asians don't play
Self preservation above all
West could learn a few things

No lockdown over there either. Businesses have been normal, aside from closing the gyms and restaurants at the beginning of the pandemic. They restricted travel to citizens only, made masks mandatory and created their own PPE chain once this shyt popped off.

Meanwhile, Canada has done nothing besides procrastinate since this whole thing started.

Remember when Doug Ford said they were going to create N96 masks in March? Yeah, that never happened :mjlol:

This is why when people say Canada can't afford to do anything, I just laugh at them. South Korea's GDP is slightly less and they have a larger and more dense population to control. Canada could easily do any of this shyt. They just choose not to because our politicians and health officials are idiots

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
No lockdown over there either. Businesses have been normal, aside from closing the gyms and restaurants at the beginning of the pandemic. They restricted travel to citizens only, made masks mandatory and created their own PPE chain once this shyt popped off.

Meanwhile, Canada has done nothing besides procrastinate since this whole thing started.

Remember when Doug Ford said they were going to create N96 masks in March? Yeah, that never happened :mjlol:

This is why when people say Canada can't afford to do anything, I just laugh at them. South Korea's GDP is slightly less and they have a larger and more dense population to control. Canada could easily do any of this shyt. They just choose not to because our politicians and health officials are idiots
nah, it the culture within many of our manufacturing companies or at least the ones politicians have ties to, they're likely ran poorly i.e., ran by people who should not be running them because they're aren't actually qualified, and thus they try but fail to get anything done beyond what they already know how to sorta-do.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
and yet u got mufukkas in here whining about a lockdown,when its urt grandmother or mother you wont be whining...and i dont blame Doug Ford because muthafukkers in Toronto are gonna go out and do what they want anyway...at least he hasnt denied this pandemic is a hoax.

Im so glad im far from the city right now...

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

A complete failure all around.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
and yet u got mufukkas in here whining about a lockdown,when its urt grandmother or mother you wont be whining...and i dont blame Doug Ford because muthafukkers in Toronto are gonna go out and do what they want anyway...at least he hasnt denied this pandemic is a hoax.

Im so glad im far from the city right now...
It only proves the lockdown aint doing shyt
Why wouldn’t we complain

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It only proves the lockdown aint doing shyt
Why wouldn’t we complain

that's the thing, its not like anything is going down, everything is going up. There is zero contact tracing anymore and majority of the deaths are still occurring in nursing homes
what they need to do is vaccinate everyone in nursing homes and everyone who works at one

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's the thing, its not like anything is going down, everything is going up. There is zero contact tracing anymore and majority of the deaths are still occurring in nursing homes
what they need to do is vaccinate everyone in nursing homes and everyone who works at one

When I saw how they flubbed protecting people at nursing homes I knew we were in for a ride. What happened to contract tracign? They tried to choose the easiest most laziest way to go about shyt and here we are. We locked in our homes as the numbers rise. School been closed 2 weeks, numbers soaring. Business closed over a month or so...numbers soaring. No legit explanation of anyhting so people have given up. Trust is earned. Folk are only going to listen to bullshyt for so long.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
It’s crazy that long term care home are still being destroyed by covid

I worked at the Vic Park/McNicoll one that's in the news lately when I was a teen. Most of these white ran homes were fukking awful before, doesn't surprise me that they're even worse that now. The people running these places don't give a fukk about the elderly that live there, and they hire the laziest and most incompetent people to do things.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I worked at the Vic Park/McNicoll one that's in the news lately when I was a teen. Most of these white ran homes were fukking awful before, doesn't surprise me that they're even worse that now. The people running these places don't give a fukk about the elderly that live there, and they hire the laziest and most incompetent people to do things.
Problem is everyone getting paid minimum wage. Even the nurse ain't making nearly as much as they could in a hospital. The elderly care system here don't work. Best to keep your parents at home, if you truly care for their well-being but that's an issue too, since we overworked in this society, they gotta have some independence.