Thunder Bay 20

toronto and peel wtf

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Don't understand how ppl like this get multiple chances and then you get ppl who have lighter charges get the book thrown at them ..

The canadian law system is a joke
randall dooley stepmom is about to get out

An autopsy later revealed the ghastly toll: Only 3-foot-10 tall and not quite 42 pounds, Randy had 13 broken ribs; a torn liver and crushed adrenal gland; a damaged diaphragm; a fractured vertebrae; and several brain injuries, including the one that had caused his brain to bleed and swell and ultimately shut down his body.

In addition, his skin was covered, "head to toe, front to back" as Ms. Zaied said yesterday, with welts and bruises, cuts old and fresh, curious U-shaped scars, scratches and sores.

He also had a nicely developing pneumonia, likely exacerbated by his inability, because of his fractured ribs, to properly clear his chest.

The jurors were told by medical experts that Randal would have been almost perpetually in pain for the final month of his life; that some of the injuries would have had him crying out in agony; that the regressive behaviours he had been exhibiting to varying degrees almost since he arrived in Canada-- he was incontinent of bowel and bladder both and regularly vomiting—may have been rooted in psychological terror.

And, as Ms. Zaied noted, such was the boy's distress and the blatant nature of his external injuries that even a 13-year-old stranger from Randal's Scarborough neighbourhood who saw him briefly not long before his death was struck by his sorrow and suffering.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

An autopsy later revealed the ghastly toll: Only 3-foot-10 tall and not quite 42 pounds, Randy had 13 broken ribs; a torn liver and crushed adrenal gland; a damaged diaphragm; a fractured vertebrae; and several brain injuries, including the one that had caused his brain to bleed and swell and ultimately shut down his body.

In addition, his skin was covered, "head to toe, front to back" as Ms. Zaied said yesterday, with welts and bruises, cuts old and fresh, curious U-shaped scars, scratches and sores.

He also had a nicely developing pneumonia, likely exacerbated by his inability, because of his fractured ribs, to properly clear his chest.

The jurors were told by medical experts that Randal would have been almost perpetually in pain for the final month of his life; that some of the injuries would have had him crying out in agony; that the regressive behaviours he had been exhibiting to varying degrees almost since he arrived in Canada-- he was incontinent of bowel and bladder both and regularly vomiting—may have been rooted in psychological terror.

And, as Ms. Zaied noted, such was the boy's distress and the blatant nature of his external injuries that even a 13-year-old stranger from Randal's Scarborough neighbourhood who saw him briefly not long before his death was struck by his sorrow and suffering.
I had forgotten about this case :to:
Humans are the worst man :mjcry:
Can't imagine what that young boy went through and what would compel anyone to want to do that to someone, let alone a kid

Rip to the king

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
sad 32 seniors probably
how is the virus still getting into sr homes.crazy

The PSWs, visitors coming in. In the summer, they weren't letting people in unless they were tested and isolated two weeks prior. I don't know if every home has the same rules, this province JUST started inspecting homes now when they should've been doing this in the summer

My dad's group home just got inspected last month and they kicked out a bunch of seniors with nowhere to go or housing support, and their families are not in the picture :francis:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
The PSWs, visitors coming in. In the summer, they weren't letting people in unless they were tested and isolated two weeks prior. I don't know if every home has the same rules, this province JUST started inspecting homes now when they should've been doing this in the summer

My dad's group home just got inspected last month and they kicked out a bunch of seniors with nowhere to go or housing support, and their families are not in the picture :francis:
What? :dwillhuh:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

Yep. They said the home had too many people living it it. I understand that, but why kick them out NOW? Many of these seniors are living in a home in the first place because they have zero support or they're mentally/physically disabled. They are really kicking out old, disabled people out of homes at a time when space is limited in these group homes/LTC homes, and during a fukkin pandemic

Unbelievable.

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.

Wish I didn't read this as I had lunch - I now remember this story ..sigh.

Yep. They said the home had too many people living it it. I understand that, but why kick them out NOW? Many of these seniors are living in a home in the first place because they have zero support or they're mentally/physically disabled. They are really kicking out old, disabled people out of homes at a time when space is limited in these group homes/LTC homes, and during a fukkin pandemic

Unbelievable.

Makes no damn sense. These people are some of the most vulnerable. Seniors homes are the worst. Staff is over worked, underpaid and their frustrations lead to the patients getting shytty care. They need to fix that system ..