40684831_10156819472540739_1513602545908449280_n.jpg

hmmmmmm.
That’s his son? Lmaoooooo

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
i used to work for a nonprofit in regent park and folks told me that during the "revitailization" process some residents were displaced to cities as far away as ajax :scust:. in that context it's entirely believeable that they'd drop people into brampton

Canada is so blatantly anti-black. How come we don't have our own media reporting on this? :ohhh:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Woman suffers serious injuries in Scarborough shooting

Toronto police say a woman is in life-threatening condition after being found with a gunshot wound in Scarborough.

Officers were called to the area of Birchmount Road and Laura Secord Walk just after 10 p.m.

Police say it was not immediately clear where the shooting occurred as there were no reports of gunshots in the area.

Paramedics say the victim in her 30s was transported via emergency run to a trauma centre.

There is no word on any suspects at this time.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i used to work for a nonprofit in regent park and folks told me that during the "revitailization" process some residents were displaced to cities as far away as ajax :scust:. in that context it's entirely believeable that they'd drop people into brampton

Canada is so blatantly anti-black. How come we don't have our own media reporting on this? :ohhh:

This is inaccurate, I know people who lived in Regent. Every family in the TCHC houses in Regent had a right to return when the new units are finished.What you are probably referring to is their temporary housing while they were tearing down the old units and constructing the new condos. They had a lottery for which TCHC units theyd live in temporarily and some ended up having to move far away on temporary basis, but Im pretty sure almost all from the early phases are back.

Regent had a very nice deal all things considered.

Last edited:
Daps
This is inaccurate, I know people who lived in Regent. Every family in the TCHC houses in Regent had a right to return when the new units are finished.What you are probably referring to is their temporary housing while they were tearing down the old units and constructing the new condos. They had a lottery for which TCHC units theyd live in temporarily and some ended up having to move far away on temporary basis, but Im pretty sure almost all from the early phases are back.

Regent had a very nice deal all things considered.
Yes, the "right of return" policy, but i don't believe it worked as well as planned.

Even the temporary displacement (essentially forced upon the residents) was traumatic, especially for children, youth, and the elderly. Lot of kids and teens had to pack up and move to new neighbourhoods in the middle of the school year. Some people couldn't absorb a longer commute to/from their jobs and had to find new ones. Many times, residents had to wait long periods before being assigned to temporary housing, often in distant corners of the city. Friendships and support systems were severed. By the time the new buildings were built up and they could return, many had established themselves in their new neighbourhoods.

Also, many of the residents displaced during the early phases had to accept being relocated to condos OUTSIDE of regent park once they returned. Granted, those condos were still located near Regent Park, but the decision to treat them as new housing within the neighbourhood when they weren't was a pretty abrupt one and residents should have been consulted before it was made. There are a lot of things the residents of Regent Park should have had more say in.

All this is without mentioning the disruptive effects of the "revilization" on the feeling of community, community agencies, neighbourhood associations, etc within regent park.

Things could have ended up far worse (see: the various Clinton-era urban "revitalization" projects south of the border) if not for the huge surge in condo prices that subsidised the new social housing. I would be very surprised if the return rate exceeded 50%. the neighbourhood just feels completely different, and it isn't only because of all the new buildings.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
all these toronto community housing properties are on prime real estates surrounded by million dollar houses and condos selling for over 500k

example swansea mews is in high park surrounded by houses that go for 1.2 mill and above

zgrada8.jpg

even in this picture you see a shiny condo across the street that 1bdrms go for like 500k and above.

the city could prob sell that land for over 100 million dollars to a developer.