The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
As much as we gripe about structural discrimination - we must do better to parent our children. Why am I the only black young man in this library right now? Given how I've seen how some folks parent their children, a lot of it is the individual choices made by the youth and the neglect of parents. It's just that the consequences of both those things are harsher for black folks.

When I was growing up, before I left the house my parents would say "Remember you are a black man in this country. Respect yourself."

:yeshrug:
100%

A lot of Black kids leave home with not intention of learning anything in school and they get away with it because their folks ain't on em like that. Harsh reality. I been wondering lately how that All Black School is doing I've never heard anything about it since it was established.

Last edited:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
100%

A lot of Black kids leave home with not intention of learning anything in school and they get away with it because their folks ain't on em like that. Harsh reality. I been wondering lately how that All Black High School is doing I've never heard anything about it since it was established.

I heard that either the HS is doing well and the elementary school is doing poorly or vice versa. I think the HS is doing well tho.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
having children isn't even the problem... brothers make it to their 20's just to die smh. All the dudes we loosing are at the prime age to start contributing to their families and communities. we need to save the youth.

Canada might not value Black immigrants but they would definitely miss our presence, do not be fooled. As small as we are we make an imprint and unlike a lot of other peoples we contribute to the character of the country. From the arts to sports down to shifting society forward through policy and politics. I think that serves as a statement of our presence despite the lack of numbers or support from society at large.

You best believe that without Black folks Toronto's swagger as a city would be ass. No hate just facts.
TRUST me it ain't the Asians or Brown dweebs in this city

I find them entirely insufferable when they try to be "urban/black"

the type that have the 6ix in their instagram bio

:camby:
:scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
As much as we gripe about structural discrimination - we must do better to parent our children. Why am I the only black young man in this library right now? Given how I've seen how some folks parent their children, a lot of it is the individual choices made by the youth and the neglect of parents. It's just that the consequences of both those things are harsher for black folks.

When I was growing up, before I left the house my parents would say "Remember you are a black man in this country. Respect yourself."

:yeshrug:

the thing is without education we are grounded.

Other minoriites can still make it taking over for pops construction or landscaping business etc.

I know this dumb ass girl didn't even go further than hs, but she just slid right into her family spa/salon

we don't have those opportunities.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
100%

A lot of Black kids leave home with not intention of learning anything in school and they get away with it because their folks ain't on em like that. Harsh reality. I been wondering lately how that All Black School is doing I've never heard anything about it since it was established.

its only a gr school.

A hs would be great and beneficial.

Africentric Alternative School

if you go around universities and colleges next month its sad how low the amount of black men are in school.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
My prediction is that Harper will come back to federal politics ala Trudeau Senior after the CPC lose another election. :manny: Scheer is a terrible leader and only won through pandering to Quebec dairy farmers. Bernier is a no-hoper. They have zero leadership talent in the pipelines, and the party is still very much made in Harper's image.

The fact he's making so many public engagements lately shows he is considering it.

our saviour

harper da gawd
:blessed:

we need a leader who won't screw our ties with the USA and other nations like saudi arabia, yeah trump is horrible but just wait when you're buying a brand new car and paying thousands and thousands more because of our justin

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
our saviour

harper da gawd
:blessed:

we need a leader who won't screw our ties with the USA and other nations like saudi arabia, yeah trump is horrible but just wait when you're buying a brand new car and paying thousands and thousands more because of our justin
Speaking of schools the way the TDSB is handing this case is :wow:

Students want her fired, but a principal who kept a list of black students is being transferred instead | CBC News

Just reading into this Principal and her Black list. I don't know how she can defend it. It's clear that lengths she went to and what her intentions were. She even singled out the nationalities of the Black students as African or Caribbean and Identified the Mixed kids as well. That should tell you all you need to know about this situation and the agenda behind the list. I'm going to contact the Black Lawyer filing the case against her and the TDSB to see how I can get involved. The thing that scares me is the fact that only one teacher blew the whistle on this incident. The rest are culpable to me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Students want her fired, but a principal who kept a list of black students is being transferred instead | CBC News

Just reading into this Principal and her Black list. I don't know how she can defend it. It's clear that lengths she went to and what her intentions were. She even singled out the nationalities of the Black students as African or Caribbean and Identified the Mixed kids as well. That should tell you all you need to know about this situation and the agenda behind the list. I'm going to contact the Black Lawyer filing the case against her and the TDSB to see how I can get involved. The thing that scares me is the fact that only one teacher blew the whistle on this incident. The rest are culpable to me.

I don't watch the news first time I'm hearing about this will look into it
Crazy

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
TRUST me it ain't the Asians or Brown dweebs in this city

I find them entirely insufferable when they try to be "urban/black"

the type that have the 6ix in their instagram bio

:camby:
:scust:

I just roll my eyes.

I know they're confused when they see a black man who doesn't dress like he's 16 on public transit.

They must be thinking, "Am I doing this wrong? Here's a black person but he isn't dressed like Lil Uzi Vert or Cam'ron circa 2003?" :mindblown:

Kumasi

Banned
Daps
We have the same opportunities we just rather pass on them. It took me years of begging to get a group of us together to do business and invest. We finally did it and now we are seeing progress.
the thing is without education we are grounded.

Other minoriites can still make it taking over for pops construction or landscaping business etc.

I know this dumb ass girl didn't even go further than hs, but she just slid right into her family spa/salon

we don't have those opportunities.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
We have the same opportunities we just rather pass on them. It took me years of begging to get a group of us together to do business and invest. We finally did it and now we are seeing progress.

We don't. But often we're not willing to build. Also, very important to note that there isn't ONE black community in Canada. There are hundreds. Hard to build in those circumstances.

Kumasi

Banned
Daps
What is stopping from starting a business? What is stoping you from flipping a house? This not America ok, they have a history.

We don't. But often we're not willing to build. Also, very important to note that there isn't ONE black community in Canada. There are hundreds. Hard to build in those circumstances.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I used to mentor a few black students in that school. There is a very clear race problem. Every time I walked in that school I got that “look” if you know what I mean. I don’t think any black student I supported at that school got their diploma there as they usually transferred to somewhere they would be more comfortable.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I used to mentor a few black students in that school. There is a very clear race problem. Every time I walked in that school I got that “look” if you know what I mean. I don’t think any black student I supported at that school got their diploma there as they usually transferred to somewhere they would be more comfortable.
Thanks for letting me know breh. They want this situation to go away quietly but that shouldn't be allowed.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What is stopping from starting a business? What is stoping you from flipping a house? This not America ok, they have a history.

:hhh: C'mon. We have road blocks but the problem is we shoot ourselves in the foot often and that hurts us from overcoming those road blocks. IE: 2 parent households. We don't seem to understand how important this is. Also, what other races have on us is pushing for education. Too many of us want to be rappers, ball players, producers, etc. Yea, even in frigging Canada young men got those dreams. Need structure. If you don't have that, you are hurting yourself and your offspring. "Baby Mama" should be an insult, not a badge of honer.