The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
True but then again how much of it is habitable to the average breh. You don't have to go far out the city in the winter to realize you don't want those problems.

If the northern parts of the provinces became more habitable in the winter months via development they would boom in population growth. There was a town a while ago selling off land for pennies on the dollar to gain new blood. I was tempted to just hold a piece of land for 5k since I've been thinking about investing in cheap pre-fab home/cottage. I'm in a minority as a brother but I actually enjoy ruffing it outdoors when the weather permits. Wouldn't mind a getaway spot for the price of a mid-class sedan.

The thing is why would any minority want to go up North when it's all cacs and indigenous

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If you want to be around blacks in Canada it's really only the gta, Montreal and then pockets of Ottawa/calgary/Edmonton

Any other city/towb you can fit all the black people there in a local arena

Kumasi

Banned
Daps
T
I don't think so. Look at any company's upper management and board of directors. Tell me how many black faces you see? Many black people go to school here, are well educated but are not promoted to upper management positions. I have spoken to many well educated black people old and young who have good jobs but have not made that next step. It isn't about fukking up. Those opportunities simply aren't available for people of color.

On top of that, we send black kids to schools that are tought by teachers who are white. Black kids are not even taught by people who look like them. That is a big issue. We have corrupt police force who I have dealt with first hand that target young black men. All of this plays a role and ingoring that is ignorant.

So to say I Latrel has the same opportunities as Chadwick is nonsense.

There's such a thing as being marginalized but also not taking advantage of the little opportunities you may have. You seem to blame black people and black people only for....everything. Is it also our fault that we make less money than our caucasian brethren? That's all due to not jumping on opportunities?
The usual, begging to be hired, why not create your own jobs and opportunities.?And dont bring up starting capital. We spend billions of dollars each year on nonsense, yet we wont put a dollar together ti start business. Go to the malls and club district, you will see our youth soending millions to party.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
T

The usual, begging to be hired, why not create your own jobs and opportunities.?And dont bring up starting capital. We spend billions of dollars each year on nonsense, yet we wont put a dollar together ti start business. Go to the malls and club district, you will see our youth soending millions to party.

Billions?

Ther s just over a million black folks in Canada with a median age of 30

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
T

You watch too much Gary vee
You need capital to start business
It's not easy to get those Grant's...gotta have perfect proposal for those cacs to lend

And I doubt blacks in toronto spending that much to party

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you want to be around blacks in Canada it's really only the gta, Montreal and then pockets of Ottawa/calgary/Edmonton

Any other city/towb you can fit all the black people there in a local arena

Any intel on winnepeg? I WAS going to drive there for the hell of it for my second trip to Canada....until i looked into it online...only thing i could find about non white people were articles about racism lol smh...even made a thread here n got nothing but crickets

I ended up not going didnt look like there was shyt there but hilbillies smh...i gotta be able to see or eat SOMETHING

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
T

:shaq2: No one is begging to be hired. I question if you're black now...and if you are you're lost.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of my best friends growing up. His father was an academic and diplomat in the former Soviet Union. Mother was disabled, but still very learned - dropped out of St. George Campus, University of Toronto to become a producer and a 'creative'.
:scust:

If I had his money.
If I had access to his father's connects

Thing is when you have that financial backing, you can do whatever you want. But if you don't, and you got mouths to feed, you're going to take the route that can get you paid the quickest. 4 years of school which costs money isn't much of an option for someone with no money and a family to feed. Which again shows the importance of NOT having children until you're established.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Any intel on winnepeg? I WAS going to drive there for the hell of it for my second trip to Canada....until i looked into it online...only thing i could find about non white people were articles about racism lol smh...even made a thread here n got nothing but crickets

I ended up not going didnt look like there was shyt there but hilbillies smh...i gotta be able to see or eat SOMETHING

Winnipeg is one of the few cities in Canada which is segregated racially like American cities. Plus its weather is basura. What economy is there in Manitoba? Unless you're being posted there for work, why would you go looking for cacs and mosquitos the size of squirrels?
:hhh:

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Winnipeg is one of the few cities in Canada which is segregated racially like American cities. Plus its weather is basura. What economy is there in Manitoba? Unless you're being posted there for work, why would you go looking for cacs and mosquitos the size of squirrels?
:hhh:

I drove to Toronto before and that was the next "city" within reasonable driving distance from me so i considered it lol...i didnt and still really dont know shyt about it jus wanted to hit up canada again:laugh:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I went there for work last year for a week.

Reminded me of Calgary in how spread out it is, but minus the mountains. A whole lot of indigenous people. The other nonwhite people I noticed seemed to be mainly newer immigrants ( a lot of Filipinos). I was staying in a part of downtown called the Exchange which seemed to be revitializing, but otherwise nothing to report. Id only recommend a visit if you have a reason to go ( work etc) or are driving by on a longer trip.