The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
All of this is true, but to say that blacks here have nothing to worry about and have not faced systemic racism is bogus. We get the same shyt just with a nice smile. Blacks here still make less money. Still under-represented in the workforce in upper management. I see no black people in upper management here. We're all either poor or middle class/upper middle class. Plenty of well educated black folk here with average jobs topping out at maybe $120K at best in most professions.

It is disgraceful though how some parents come here, do jack shyt and have a bunch of kids who then do jack shyt. They are a strain on our economy.

My parents came here (not poor though, if that matters) to go to school, got degrees and raised kids who are upstanding members of society. That is how it's supposed to work, but we got too many coming here not about shyt.

exactly, whats sad is if you take away ttc, and other government jobs black folks are really really under represented. We are 8% of the pop in toronto but we own nothing, how many big black businesses are there? I've worked at a 500 company here and have worked at a few hospitals and when I step into a executive meeting I'm usually the only black person or black man.

But we're represented well at menial jobs y'all ever been to skydome? all the menial ass workers are black, we're represented well at toronto south detention, we're represented well in every metro housing across the city.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People giggle and laugh but as I said before scarborough should have been a little black mecca but we lost it. Ajax/brampton should have been littl black meccas and we lost it as well.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
As well the black population in toronto is skewed, its crazy its only 8 percent in most big us cities an 8 percent black population will get a brotha zay :scust:, i mean you hear of seattle being like a white city and they have the same black population like us.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
The Somalis I've known in Canada during my life have a mixed bag. The lower income kids have problems. The middle to higher income kids do okay. I've known some lower income folks who've escaped the projects and are now doing well for themselves

The successful ones had a plan and some structure. The others had neither. Somalis will go from tribalism to classism within the next few decades :francis: some will succeed economically, many will be left behind.

It's a natural progression IMO. Refugees are a mixed bag in general. You have some people who were barely literate when they came and others who were part of the elite/business class before the war. Their futures will be very different.

This is the case for those who came in the 90's.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The successful ones had a plan and some structure. The others had neither. Somalis will go from tribalism to classism within the next few decades :francis: some will succeed economically, many will be left behind.

It's a natural progression IMO. Refugees are a mixed bag in general. You have some people who were barely literate when they came and others who were part of the elite/business class before the war. Their futures will be very different.

This is the case for those who came in the 90's.

people as well don't get it, i look at immigration stats and the government :mjpls: . Back in the day most blacks in this country came from the carribean esp Jamaica, now its super hard as a jamaican to even get a tourist visa to canada. All the crime etc committed they slowly stamped that out, same with somalia.

Nigerians were getting tourist visas to the us and sneaking across the border, before trudeau was like come on in boys and girls when it was hispanics and syrians but as soon as nigerians its wait hold up immigration minister is on the first flight to lagos.

Now the only way for blacks to get into canada really is through express entry basically you got to be educated and have money, or as a international student to a pr again basically educated and have money

Karb

Veteran
Daps
people as well don't get it, i look at immigration stats and the government :mjpls: . Back in the day most blacks in this country came from the carribean esp Jamaica, now its super hard as a jamaican to even get a tourist visa to canada. All the crime etc committed they slowly stamped that out, same with somalia.

Nigerians were getting tourist visas to the us and sneaking across the border, before trudeau was like come on in boys and girls when it was hispanics and syrians but as soon as nigerians its wait hold up immigration minister is on the first flight to lagos.

Now the only way for blacks to get into canada really is through express entry basically you got to be educated and have money, or as a international student to a pr again basically educated and have money

Yeah they are clearly trying to keep the black population down . They want Asian immigrants/refugees :mjpls:

broller

Veteran
Daps
Wifey type:blessed::blessed::blessed::noah::noah::noah::noah:

5fc3be674d5699e19fe10e9c59e4.jpeg

87906_photo98a7295f.jpg

i need to go bail my baby out:ohlawd::whew::whew::whew::wub::wub::wub:

@Indiglow Meta (R$G)

:damn:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
Definitely frauds and wannabes, you have Punjabi nikkas from Brampton and rexdale thinking they're gangsters from the hood. How ur name sukhwinder with a turban trapping?

Domestic violence?? Word?

Indo-Canadians are some of the biggest elicit importers and organized criminals in the country :dahell:

where do you think your dog food or O is coming from and how do you think it makes its rounds across the country :dahell:

The biggest car thief in Canada is Indian. In canada, it just seems everyone gets busy no matter what you are or where you come from:manny:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs

yeah....were done for...

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
ajax is actually the highest percentage black wise in ontario at 14%

According to the 2011 National Household Survey, 95.3% of Ajax residents are Canadian citizens, and about 7.6% of residents are recent immigrants (from 2001 to 2011). The racial make up of Ajax is: White (52.5%), Black (16%), South Asian (13.8%), Southeast & East Asian (7.8%), West Asian & Arab (2.7%), Latin American (1%), and Aboriginal (1.7%). 2% of the population is multiracial, and the last 2.6% belong to another group. Ajax has the highest Black population percentage of any major Canadian city (population above 100,000).

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra