The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
first step of having a black community forum is folks gonna have to leave their diaspora wars at home. The system and the powers that be do not care about what type of nikka you are. if folks don't get that then we stuck at square one. I've told my old heads this from time. As far as the lgbtq you not gonna have anything productive with them around. race issue trump all that other shyt. address the crucial things first.

There was mostly Jamaican people there - but I interacted with the one Igbo person I saw. It was called a black communities debate but these issues obviously revolved around what the black Caribbean community in the GTA experiences.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
we aren't doomed. the brehs caught up in the fake struggle definitely are though. I seen people from my generation and my younger brothers generation that never made it. dead or washed up and in jail. I also know plenty of brothers doing just fine or excellent even. personal choices have to be made.

nikkaz in Canada need to stop acting like they locked down in the trenches and embrace their opportunities. The discrimination here is not stifling enough to stop you from progressing IF YOU WANT TO.

Do you have any explanations for this purported post-secondary education figure? It's alarming!

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Do you have any explanations for this purported post-secondary education figure? It's alarming!
Yeah education isn't cool and isn't a priority for Black children. This is a cultural problem and one we have to be honest about.

That would be all good if you were gonna tell me that these nikkaz are gonna pick up some trades or something but nah. The whiteboys that were wastemen I went to school with either left early to work in family businesses or picked up trades barely out of highschool. They fukked around but they knew what their path was. Some became firemen, plumbers, electricians etc. The Black kids though had 0 plans for the future.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Yeah education isn't cool and isn't a priority for Black children. This is a cultural problem and one we have to be honest about.

That would be all good if you were gonna tell me that these nikkaz are gonna pick up some trades or something but nah. The whiteboys that were wastemen I went to school with either left early to work in family businesses or picked up trades barely out of highschool. They fukked around but they knew what their path was. Some became firemen, plumbers, electricians etc. The Black kids though had 0 plans for the future.

As the economy increasingly become automated, I worry about the future of the 90 per cent who don't attain higher education without a guaranteed plan, like what you said.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The education thing seems.off but I wouldn't be shocked if it's true.

Go to most colleges, universities and regardless what you take you'll just have a few blacks in your class

I really think because the racism isn't on the you nigglette and nygger in the states people think Toronto is some utopia.

That silent black sounding name trying to rent a building, or get a job still exists though.

Go to any metro housing and it's mostly black, poor areas black, black men incarcerated at a higher percentage than anyone else even though there's so few of us. Unemployment is the black community is high as hell.

But no one gives a damn, black folks date out high as hell , we breeding ourselves out

niguez

All Star
Daps

Looks like Drizzy has binned them Regent bums and gonna put on K-Money & Casper. They gonna be on OVORadio tomorrow.

:blessed:

For ya'll aint know they pops is a Point Blank OG

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

Looks like Drizzy has binned them Regent bums and gonna put on K-Money & Casper. They gonna be on OVORadio tomorrow.

:blessed:

For ya'll aint know they pops is a Point Blank OG

Pops might be certified but this autotuned shyt is garbage