The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
couldn't even make it into work today, had my car running fo rlike 45 min and couldn't get the ice off, tried walking to the bus stop and it was like a skating rink

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Went to the Black Communities debate held at the Jamaican Community Centre. We're doomed brehs
Please, give us some details. I remember going to a forum a couple years ago and it was basically BLM feminist and LGBTQ+ against some of the older black leaders that try to do work in the communities. That forum was so unproductive..

expand

and i've been saying it forever blacks are doomed in canada
take away the city(garbage,ttc, city of toronto jobs) and most black men gotta dr. x it to get by
Yeah this is true. But it wouldn't be a problem if it could result in kids getting somewhere, but a lotta kids ain't going nowhere.

Whenever you go to these things it seems like there's a divide between black males and females/LGBTQ. Then you got some diaspora divide, then folks who ain't even black talking as well...:snoop:

Last edited:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Brehs been waiting for the update for days :francis: Tell us more.

My apologies. Life gets in the way of things. A few observations:
- Pandering. Lots of it, especially from the NDP.
- Both the Liberal party and the NDP declined to say that the reported drop in carding from 26,000 per year to 3 was a flat-out lie. Only the Green Party guy said it.
- No questions asked about workplace racism, youth training programs etc.
- BLM asked a strange question about a nonsensical issue
- The province has no ideas regarding sickle cell research, which is startling since it was cured in Calgary last month using stem cell therapy
- Someone tried to sell air freshner to the premier
- Is it true that 10 per cent of black youth in Toronto attend post-secondary education? If so, we're in a crisis and we're doomed

@kaldurahm @Supreme Leader Reinscarf

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Please, give us some details. I remember going to a forum a couple years ago and it was basically BLM feminist and LGBTQ+ against some of the older black leaders that try to do work in the communities. That forum was so unproductive..

Yeah this is true. But it wouldn't be a problem if it could result in kids getting somewhere, but a lotta kids ain't going nowhere.

Whenever you go to these things it seems like there's a divide between black males and females/LGBTQ. Then you got some diaspora divide, then folks who ain't even black talking as well...:snoop:
first step of having a black community forum is folks gonna have to leave their diaspora wars at home. The system and the powers that be do not care about what type of nikka you are. if folks don't get that then we stuck at square one. I've told my old heads this from time. As far as the lgbtq you not gonna have anything productive with them around. race issue trump all that other shyt. address the crucial things first.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
My apologies. Life gets in the way of things. A few observations:
- Pandering. Lots of it, especially from the NDP.
- Both the Liberal party and the NDP declined to say that the reported drop in carding from 26,000 per year to 3 was a flat-out lie. Only the Green Party guy said it.
- No questions asked about workplace racism, youth training programs etc.
- BLM asked a strange question about a nonsensical issue
- The province has no ideas regarding sickle cell research, which is startling since it was cured in Calgary last month using stem cell therapy
- Someone tried to sell air freshner to the premier
- Is it true that 10 per cent of black youth in Toronto attend post-secondary education? If so, we're in a crisis and we're doomed

@kaldurahm @Supreme Leader Reinscarf
we aren't doomed. the brehs caught up in the fake struggle definitely are though. I seen people from my generation and my younger brothers generation that never made it. dead or washed up and in jail. I also know plenty of brothers doing just fine or excellent even. personal choices have to be made.

nikkaz in Canada need to stop acting like they locked down in the trenches and embrace their opportunities. The discrimination here is not stifling enough to stop you from progressing IF YOU WANT TO.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Went to the Black Communities debate held at the Jamaican Community Centre. We're doomed brehs
I coulda been told yall, yall are doomed g. :ld:

My only time in Canada (Feb '17) I was on Baldwin & Spadina....checking out the markets n jerk n what not....I pick up a "Black Newspaper (Pride maybe)" and I see glaring typos - not the type where it's UK English and I'm some dumb Yank.....nah...It was some blatant BS and I can just see the cycle yall finna go thru cuz it has that 80s Chicago feel to it. Yall about to let the fags, dikes, c00ns, and non-Blacks run your agenda. :manny: I've seen the cycle before.