The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Daps
is traffic really that bad downtown? Since I work remote I never go into the office but I'm seeing people in liberty village saying its taken 30 min just to get out of their street and ish :picard:
I live in the area, I was talking about this with my pops on Friday. I said this:

they have 3 construction projects going on, one of them on the highway in the area. as a result all the main traffic from King St, part of the Gardiner amd elsewhere are all dumped into a small side street. as a result eveeything is a mess. And then there are a few more construction projects right down the street.

The other main projects are streetcar work on King St in the area and closing off the Jameson exit to the Gardiner. Not to mention the construction projects on Rixhmond and Adelaide....... It took me 45 fukkin minutes to get from Jameson to Bathurst more than once this week.......:hhh:

. I just came back from London, Paris, and Barcelona a week and a half ago and was trying to preserve that "good vibes" and "wanderlust" feeling at least until the end of summer....:ohlawd:... this place destroyed it..:martin:... Toronto out here cosplaying as a world class city....:stopitslime:.... Chow's on the right track, but she got decades of fukkery to unravel...:francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I live in the area, I was talking about this with my pops on Friday. I said this:

The other main projects are streetcar work on King St in the area and closing off the Jameson exit to the Gardiner. Not to mention the construction projects on Rixhmond and Adelaide....... It took me 45 fukkin minutes to get from Jameson to Bathurst more than once this week.......:hhh:

. I just came back from London, Paris, and Barcelona a week and a half ago and was trying to preserve that "good vibes" and "wanderlust" feeling at least until the end of summer....:ohlawd:... this place destroyed it..:martin:... Toronto out here cosplaying as a world class city....:stopitslime:.... Chow's on the right track, but she got decades of fukkery to unravel...:francis:

London and Berlin the only cities I've been too where I did not have to use a Uber or taxi.

Transit system perfect

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
is traffic really that bad downtown? Since I work remote I never go into the office but I'm seeing people in liberty village saying its taken 30 min just to get out of their street and ish :picard:

I was there all of June for work

From the green p lot on Hanna avenue, just to get to Dufferin would take 10 minutes in afternoon/evenings. No traffic maybe 2 minutes tops

Have fun if there's an event going on too. Pure hell

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Liberty village right now is crazy

Every day the traffic is terrible not just during rush hour but the whole day almost

East Liberty and strachan are always jammed up

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was there all of June for work

From the green p lot on Hanna avenue, just to get to Dufferin would take 10 minutes in afternoon/evenings. No traffic maybe 2 minutes tops

Have fun if there's an event going on too. Pure hell
Took my brother and I 20 mins to get from the goodlife parking lot to my crib on east liberty lol

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Paris pretty good too no?

It was alright when I went but alot of pickpocketers, I'm sure now with the olympics its 20 times better than it was when i was there a few years ago.

But berlin got 24/7 trains

I remember when I was a newb london traveller and was booking hotels right in london and paying an arm and a leg but as time went on I started booking like a hour outside the city as long as you book by a tube station you get into town fast

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It’s bad breh. Traffic, housing, drugs/homelessness are the three biggest issues in the city. I think traffic is actually the biggest. There’s a huge health and business cost to traffic.

Yeah every day I'm so thankful I work remotely. I remember those days I had to go into work. It takes a toll on you with traffic either transit or the stop and go when driving I despise it. I don't know why they don't bring a congestion tax and increase parking rates and as well work on better transit instead of stupid light rails. As well having cops out directing traffic at busy intersections during rush hour then they can decide the flow of traffic instead of traffic lights and as well you won't have idiots getting caught in the intersection when teh light changes which also screws traffic