The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
GOAT city :wow:

Bruh and those are just parts of the city you can visit, explore and get lost in without spending a PENNY. Just walking around.

Now you wanna get into the world class cultural institutions like the museums, attractions, architecture, night life and entertainment? Not to mention the ease of the transportation getting around the whole city.

And my boy tryna tell me Toronto a world clsss city :mjlol:I love the city don’t get it fukked up but we simply don’t have the human capital and political will OR savviness to build a world class city. That needed to happen 20 years ago to be on track for that goal. We don’t have enough smart people at the local, provincial or federal level in Canada. They all leave to go make millions in the states in their professions or work in the private sector here raking in dough. It’s a serious problem in this country.
This

Been saying this

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I was being mostly facetious in that post, but now that I think about it more, it's basically true. Except for the Maple Leafs Stanley Cup titles (and also maybe the Battle of York during the War of 1812, lol), there wasn't much history in the city of Toronto before the 1970s.

Toronto gained it's current status either during or after the '70s (most populated city in Canada, financial center of Canada, the CN Tower, the Blue Jays, the Raptors, the 1998 amalgamation, the SkyDome (now Rogers Centre), the Air Canada Centre (now Scotiabank Arena), tons of movies and TV shows being filmed there, etc.).

The CN Tower is essentially the "Museum of Toronto." It symbolizes Toronto's "history" like nothing else, really.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
GOAT city :wow:

Bruh and those are just parts of the city you can visit, explore and get lost in without spending a PENNY. Just walking around.

Now you wanna get into the world class cultural institutions like the museums, attractions, architecture, night life and entertainment? Not to mention the ease of the transportation getting around the whole city.

And my boy tryna tell me Toronto a world clsss city :mjlol:I love the city don’t get it fukked up but we simply don’t have the human capital and political will OR savviness to build a world class city. That needed to happen 20 years ago to be on track for that goal. We don’t have enough smart people at the local, provincial or federal level in Canada. They all leave to go make millions in the states in their professions or work in the private sector here raking in dough. It’s a serious problem in this country.

museums and art galleries in london are FREE

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my friend from london uk is visiting I had to show her around yesterday.

I forgot how meh Toronto is, did the waterfront, cn tower/aquarium , yonge and dundas / toronto sign / eatons center, kensington market / china town and she was like what else is there and I was like uh yeah that's really it :mjlol:, you can go to niagara falls.

Toronto is the wackest big city out there. So fukking boring and useless. Montreal still the premier city of this country. Plenty of shyt to do and it's run much better..from renting to home prices, daycare, transit, etc. Yes, Quebec you pay more taxes but you get better services.

When you have a newer city with no identity and a bunch of small minded boomer clowns running it, you get Toronto. Lifeless city that sucks the life out of you. Ford government is so garbage and just got another term. As for Federal government, I done told yall Libs will ruin this country and here we are. Complete retards. They run the country like a group project. No one in his cabinet has experience doing what they're appointed for....those who do are incompetent. Textbook on how you can ruin a country in under a decade. This is shyt for the history books.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Toronto is the wackest big city out there. So fukking boring and useless. Montreal still the premier city of this country. Plenty of shyt to do and it's run much better..from renting to home prices, daycare, transit, etc. Yes, Quebec you pay more taxes but you get better services.

When you have a newer city with no identity and a bunch of small minded boomer clowns running it, you get Toronto. Lifeless city that sucks the life out of you. Ford government is so garbage and just got another term. As for Federal government, I done told yall Libs will ruin this country and here we are. Complete retards. They run the country like a group project. No one in his cabinet has experience doing what they're appointed for....those who do are incompetent. Textbook on how you can ruin a country in under a decade. This is shyt for the history books.

Toronto’s culture before multiculturalism was worse. It was a WASP city run by Orange Order zealots, “Toronto the Good”. Black people made Toronto pop for a bit - ranging from Black Uhuru (“Youth of Eglinton”) to Drake.

In a sane world, Montreal would still be our New York - both are island cities which major ports

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I was being mostly facetious in that post, but now that I think about it more, it's basically true. Except for the Maple Leafs Stanley Cup titles (and also maybe the Battle of York during the War of 1812, lol), there wasn't much history in the city of Toronto before the 1970s.

Toronto gained it's current status either during or after the '70s (most populated city in Canada, financial center of Canada, the CN Tower, the Blue Jays, the Raptors, the 1998 amalgamation, the SkyDome (now Rogers Centre), the Air Canada Centre (now Scotiabank Arena), tons of movies and TV shows being filmed there, etc.).

The CN Tower is essentially the "Museum of Toronto." It symbolizes Toronto's "history" like nothing else, really.

This article seems to offer a lot of substance

Toronto

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Canada’s largest banks report another big jump in mortgages longer than 25 years​

As of July, 43% of RBC’s residential mortgages had amortization periods of more than 25 years, with TD reporting nearly half with same length.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Honestly as someone who travels a lot you are correct. For example there is so much to do in London UK, I've been like 8 times past 4 years and not once have ever been bored

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly as someone who travels a lot you are correct. For example there is so much to do in London UK, I've been like 8 times past 4 years and not once have ever been bored

Exactly. There is actual culture there and historic landmarks. Etc do you do in Toronto? Fam comes up here and we don’t even know where to take them. Jaguars falls I guess. CNTower…maybe. Everything is generic.

Montreal. So much to do and it’s all in the city. There is actual character and culture. Old Montreal alone kills whatever Toronto has.

Lifeless ass city. Even worse now that irbid do extremely costly here and the entire city is emploding.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Isn't London much more expensive than Toronto though? From what I recall they don't pay crazy wages there and it's common to live with roommates because of how expensive it is.

I do agree that it's a world class city and most cities that are considered one is def above Toronto. It's a damn shame leadership of the past and present failed the city because Toronto easily could've been in a much better shape than it is today.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is crazy

Breh they brought those living standards here.. and it's their own people are setting up these rental situations. I don't know what they want Canada to do when they keep transplanting bad practices from back home.
Power of sales and fire sales of homes popping up all over the GTA.

Investors bleeding money on rentals and begging renters to accept increases.

Folk who bought homes in the relatively hot market in 2022 are royally fukked. The numbers are damning, and it will get worse in the fall.

Prayers for the over leveraged and those who lived beyond their means :wow:

Don't get me started on pre-construction and those that already put their deposits in, builders cancelling projects and deposits are evaporating.

Seeing all this in graphs is so absurd :heh:

Thank God I sold my home 3 years ago, and i'm liquid and renting.

E0PIr9kXoAQvbeR.jpg:large
If I was in pre construction I'm hiring an arsonist on standby.

I know people who literally said fukk it and left with the interest spikes.. people who were entrenched in the city and had rentals...they dumped them sold and left.