Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup
Ridiculous
Have to take mississauga transit
Transfer at a hub, ttc station
Jump on subway, bus

Probably takes at least an hour to get from eastern most mississauga to union by transit

these dumb ass idiots should have extended kipling and build a proper subway system

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Americans disposable income on average > home prices

That is the ultimate metric to go by.

I hope the market implodes :manny:

I remember my parents buying a big ol mansion in thornhill where only jews lived in 2003 for 320k and my dad was upset my mom wanted to spend so much.

I remember looking at housesigma and that house sold two years ago for 2.6 mill :dahell:

I remember just in 2015 helping my ex finding a place to rent and brand new condos near yorkdale the rent for a 1bdrm was 1,250, she didn't want to spend that much and instead rented a basement apt with 2 bdrms for 900

I remember in 2017 when that same ex and I were going to buy a condo and 2 bdrm condos near square one were 335k

I also remember pre construction condos at highway 7 and weston were 250k :heh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
U walk out of ur hotel
And there’s a subway station on the corner

No waiting for a bus etc

First time I went to london uk I stayed in kensington and was paying a arm and a leg. Last time I went I stayed like a hour away from central london and was paying like 60 a night for a hotel, 2 min walk and there was a tube station as long as I caught the last train I was good

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
graphs are so visually damning :wow:

_129854195_15ed090d-57cd-43b1-924c-93991540b0a7-2.jpg.webp

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
76 percent of Canadas wealth wrapped up in real estate :dead:

America at like 9 percent
And they have higher wages

Americans are smart and love pouring capital into stocks, thereby giving their corporations money to do cool shyt like make iPhones

Cautious Canadians rather pour their capital into an asset necessary for life, housing, thereby creating a caste system in Canada for low income late Millennials and Gen Z

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:mjlol:

City really is a joke in terms of the vibes and things to do. The most you could’ve squeezed in was MAYBE going to Woodbine Beach which is also mid

I was in NYC and LA this summer and it’s unfair to compare those to Toronto but just the sheer beauty, size and “things to do” in each of those cities make Toronto a complete joke.

I asked a chief of staff to a city councillor once why there’s no City of Toronto history museum. Every major US city has a solid municipal history museum.

She was stumped.

Very dumb, myopic people run Canada!

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I asked a chief of staff to a city councillor once why there’s no City of Toronto history museum. Every major US city has a solid municipal history museum.

She was stumped.

Very dumb, myopic people run Canada!
That would be the CN Tower, sir :laugh:

But seriously, that damn tower is expensive to visit 💸

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
At the risk of turning this into an all out bytchfest

@MikelArteta

London to Rome round trip 97 dollars

DoorDash order for 2 in Toronto 97 dollars

:mjlol:

Toronto to montreal roundtrip a one hour flight is over 250 dollars
london to paris one hour flight is 100 roundtrip

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
my friend from london uk is visiting I had to show her around yesterday.

I forgot how meh Toronto is, did the waterfront, cn tower/aquarium , yonge and dundas / toronto sign / eatons center, kensington market / china town and she was like what else is there and I was like uh yeah that's really it :mjlol:, you can go to niagara falls.
This is funny because my cousin took me to basically the same places when I visited Toronto last year. I visited Niagara Falls separately :pachaha:

I still like Toronto, though, and I want to visit again.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nyc in the summer :whew:

Just Manhattan alone >>downtown Toronto
Central Park
Uptown
Midtown
Lower manhatten
Then downtown bk
And that’s just the tip
:whew:
GOAT city :wow:

Bruh and those are just parts of the city you can visit, explore and get lost in without spending a PENNY. Just walking around.

Now you wanna get into the world class cultural institutions like the museums, attractions, architecture, night life and entertainment? Not to mention the ease of the transportation getting around the whole city.

And my boy tryna tell me Toronto a world clsss city :mjlol:I love the city don’t get it fukked up but we simply don’t have the human capital and political will OR savviness to build a world class city. That needed to happen 20 years ago to be on track for that goal. We don’t have enough smart people at the local, provincial or federal level in Canada. They all leave to go make millions in the states in their professions or work in the private sector here raking in dough. It’s a serious problem in this country.