The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Governments can do what they used to do. Build!

this is at sheppard and leslie, new toronto housing

leslie_nymark_30_okra_tomar_crescent.jpg

leslie_nymark_aerial_view.jpg

child_page_-_leslie_nymark.jpg

We need to elect politicians who will build AND tamper down speculative housing real estate

No party is promising that yet, sadly

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lol housing minister just bought another investment property. Don’t count on anything being done.

even jagmeet singh wife is a landlord

This comes as Singh blasted Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre for favouring “rich investors” in the housing market.

before anyone gets on me for a truenorth link I just saw it on reddit

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
even jagmeet singh wife is a landlord

This comes as Singh blasted Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre for favouring “rich investors” in the housing market.

before anyone gets on me for a truenorth link I just saw it on reddit
They're all landlords, which makes it hard to make changes. Why would somebody mess up their own cashflow?

I am in the train of thought that politicians should be ineligible to own multiple homes, stocks, and other stuff they have an influence on. It will never happen, but there should be a law against it because that is the only way you can make a change. Most people aren't righteous enough to sacrifice financial gain/influence, so there will be corruption to protect assets. Politicians owning multiple properties and stock is worse than inside trading, but it's a legal way to get your hands dirty.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They're all landlords, which makes it hard to make changes. Why would somebody mess up their own cashflow?

I am in the train of thought that politicians should be ineligible to own multiple homes, stocks, and other stuff they have an influence on. It will never happen, but there should be a law against it because that is the only way you can make a change. Most people aren't righteous enough to sacrifice financial gain/influence, so there will be corruption to protect assets. Politicians owning multiple properties and stock is worse than inside trading, but it's a legal way to get your hands dirty.

its a shame jack layton had to die so early

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Brehs look stupid doing all this shyt when they not even wanted here. They should give up their spot to those people that were sleeping on the street.

Is Canada expensive and hard to make it? Yes

Do immigrants often have regrets about coming here? Yes

Despite all that its not anyone fault but your own if you move here and don't like it.. just leave. Getting vexed making videos is stupid. You here by choice. There was no trick. Nobody begged and pleaded with him to come here. You not here by force.

Post less retarded shyt. The situation been dire before Justin was in office. You saw that caption and went full retard. Dude here by choice Bet if he get a return ticket home one way he don't take it.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

I agree.

Politicians should be prohibited from speculative investments where they can directly control the flow of capital.

You can get a mutual fund but no stocks or share options, real estate etc