The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
breh i hear this alot now. They're getting bold.

Our company put 2 and 2 together. We had our record revenue year last year with 80% of the producers working from home entirely.

But I understand 1 or 2 days in office, 3 and up is stupid.

I mean if it came down to it I could, but alot of these companies don't even let you choose.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
There will be serious turnover if they go heavy handed watch

yup i work in healthcare, we have zero bonuses, zero perks and the private sector pays 15-30 percent more for most of the same jobs
the only perk they can offer corporate staff is work remotely

I've been in twice this year

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I honestly feel sick whenever I go into work. I come home drained with a headache.

No idea how I used to be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic Mon to Friday

There was a time you didnt have a smartphone and it came along and showed you how ur life can be better same way the pandemic did by showing you how stupid the rat race is and how it only benefits the guy on top...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
There was a time you didnt have a smartphone and it came along and showed you how ur life can be better same way the pandemic did by showing you how stupid the rat race is and how it only benefits the guy on top...

yup the amount of time and freedom in my life. I wouldn't even go back in the office for 30k more

I used to be cranky, depressed. Leaving my crib 615am and coming back like 630pm :picard:

could only go to the dentist on a saturday, oil change on a saturday etc. Winter the worst when it got dark soon

Now?

meh ill go to the dentist middle day, oil change middle day.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
yup the amount of time and freedom in my life. I wouldn't even go back in the office for 30k more

I used to be cranky, depressed. Leaving my crib 615am and coming back like 630pm :picard:

could only go to the dentist on a saturday, oil change on a saturday etc. Winter the worst when it got dark soon

Now?

IM wit you pandemic showed me that shyt was fukked up and im not going back to it,ill move to Colombia or Cayman Islands before i go back to going in 5 days a week with zero benefits...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
IM wit you pandemic showed me that shyt was fukked up and im not going back to it,ill move to Colombia or Cayman Islands before i go back to going in 5 days a week with zero benefits...

yup its the little things, no meeting tom morning? Can start work at 9 or 930. Can go for a walk middle of the day, can go grocery shopping on lunch. Can hit the mall, can bring my laptop and work from a coffee shop if I feel like it. Can make that important call I need to. Don't have to buy clothes, don't have to fill my tank. Don't get tempted with that muffin an ddrink from timmies. Have peace of mind. If I need to work till 8pm no biggie, if I need to end at 1pm no biggie.

Can play my music without using headphones, can have a movie or tv show on the background. Don't have to miss champions league :heh:

I remember major snowstorms having to maneuver my way to work

I honestly can say I work even more at home than I would in the office because I don't want that one time I slip up that my azz is back in the office. WHen I was in the office I used to watch youtube and post on the coli all day take a two lunch. Go for walks around the hospital talking to people.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

Now?

Unbelievable how we did it pre pandemic

And I was one of the very few in my company before Covid that mixed in days from home but internally they made noise that it was unfair I got that setup

So me and my mentor and CEO at the time just agreed to shorten my hours in office I used to work 5 hours and bounce. The perks of being a top biller.
:mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Unbelievable how we did it pre pandemic

And I was one of the very few in my company before Covid that mixed in days from home but internally they made noise that it was unfair I got that setup :mjlol:

:mjlol:

it gives you back your life. You have a family and you're done work boom there right there instead of a long 1 hour plus commute when you're dead tired and all you want to do is eat dinner shower and go to bed.

I don't even care when its a stat holiday anymore. Back in the day oh civic holiday is coming up, now I could care less because every day is a chill day mon to friday :blessed: