The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Most Americans would support having a "no borders" system with Canada.

Most Canadians HATE even the idea of that lol. Canadian nationalism and insecurity about being too similar to the United States stops it from happening.

:manny:
Honestly, nationalism is tricky here because if it's the Toronto area, then it's pretty weak for that. I assume it will be similar in Vancouver area. However, if you go further north and other provinces then I feel you'll have a strong sense of that. I know Montreal it's in his own world in that since they don't care about Canada much, but want to protect french culture there.

I think Toronto and some other cities would be down for it because Toronto for example consists mainly of immigrants and first generation Canadians. Take a world cup for example more people had flag of their background countries than the Canadian flag. I think the group that will fight open borders are cities outside of the GTA in Ontario, western provinces, and Atlantic provinces. I think many in Toronto would be open to that because many know there are more opportunities down south.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Caribana

DangerousFocusedHarpseal-max-1mb.gif

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Honestly, nationalism is tricky here because if it's the Toronto area, then it's pretty weak for that. I assume it will be similar in Vancouver area. However, if you go further north and other provinces then I feel you'll have a strong sense of that. I know Montreal it's in his own world in that since they don't care about Canada much, but want to protect french culture there.

I think Toronto and some other cities would be down for it because Toronto for example consists mainly of immigrants and first generation Canadians. Take a world cup for example more people had flag of their background countries than the Canadian flag. I think the group that will fight open borders are cities outside of the GTA in Ontario, western provinces, and Atlantic provinces. I think many in Toronto would be open to that because many know there are more opportunities down south.
Yeah, the most nationalistic Canadians are usually White middle- and upper-middle-class Canadians that live in the suburbs. They're usually left-wing and view Canada as a "progressive utopia," while they view the United States as the "Evil Empire" lol.

Many of them think that if they step foot in the US, they will die in a mass shooting or something.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Bruh I went to afrofest this year with my homies we all are married or engaged and we were standing by a food truck and out of nowhere a girl comes up to us in asks us which one of us are single. Also I had another chick follow me to my car while I was leaving trying to get my number.

I don’t know if the devil is playing tricks on me because I’m about to get married but if I was single man I’d be eating like a muthafukka outchea.

I missed Afrofest :ohlawd:

Went on a vacation for the first time since 2019, the unvax were in prison almost.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Bruh I went to afrofest this year with my homies we all are married or engaged and we were standing by a food truck and out of nowhere a girl comes up to us in asks us which one of us are single. Also I had another chick follow me to my car while I was leaving trying to get my number.

I don’t know if the devil is playing tricks on me because I’m about to get married but if I was single man I’d be eating like a muthafukka outchea.
Dudes used to approach women recklessly back then

Lol
Times have changed

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are already losing nurses. I used to buy into that cdn propaganda till i started going to the us more. Yeah places like buffalo are :scust: but when you go to places like dallas, seattle, san diego you're like :damn:

I even have cousins in michigan and these detroit suburbs are damn nice. You have states that have zero taxes.

I just wish usa would open up more in terms of ease of immigration

yeah I used to live there, cost of living was easy. If you had a ANY degree you could get a job easy.

Only thing is you work REALLY hard there than some other states. Work life is higher stress

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, the most nationalistic Canadians are usually White middle- and upper-middle-class Canadians that live in the suburbs. They're usually left-wing and view Canada as a "progressive utopia," while they view the United States as the "Evil Empire" lol.

Many of them think that if they step foot in the US, they will die in a mass shooting or something.
You think ? I promise you most white Canadians are right wing, not extremists but they definitely learn right.

I hear them talk in my office, they think they're safe because everyone is spread out and everyone doesn't come in everyday.

These bums love talking about: How immigration ruined the country... like they're family were here first :heh: The pride community is turning kids gay... you can't turn gay, I've never had a gay thought in my life:mjlol:Proud to have a pure Christian family and complain about Adhan during Ramadan... Like Christmas and white Jesus isn't in everyone's face as soon as Remembrance Day is over:mjpls: I've heard people talking about how they didn't hire a "French" girl because her name was too hard to pronounce, you know she was African, because being bilingual is gold here.:stopitslime:

In the 70s and 80s they'll say it was the Jamaicans, 90s and 2000s the somalis and arabs, now it's the Indians. But they never look in the mirror. Canadians are very suttle when it comes to their bullshyt. They smile in your face, and won't stand on their bullshyt if you call them out on it.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
You think ? I promise you most white Canadians are right wing, not extremists but they definitely learn right.

I hear them talk in my office, they think they're safe because everyone is spread out and everyone doesn't come in everyday.

These bums love talking about: How immigration ruined the country... like they're family were here first :heh: The pride community is turning kids gay... you can't turn gay, I've never had a gay thought in my life:mjlol:Proud to have a pure Christian family and complain about Adhan during Ramadan... Like Christmas and white Jesus isn't in everyone's face as soon as Remembrance Day is over:mjpls: I've heard people talking about how they didn't hire a "French" girl because her name was too hard to pronounce, you know she was African, because being bilingual is gold here.:stopitslime:

In the 70s and 80s they'll say it was the Jamaicans, 90s and 2000s the somalis and arabs, now it's the Indians. But they never look in the mirror. Canadians are very suttle when it comes to their bullshyt. They smile in your face, and won't stand on their bullshyt if you call them out on it.
Yeah, I don't deny any of that. There are plenty of right-wing (and racist) White Canadians. However, they're usually not the most "nationalistic" ones.

American nationalism is usually strongest among right-wingers, and Canadian nationalism is usually strongest among left-wingers.

BTW, I'm left-wing myself, but this is just something I've noticed. I have talked to many liberal White Canadians, and you would think that the US is Afghanistan and Canada is Norway based on the way they talk.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I don't deny any of that. There are plenty of right-wing (and racist) White Canadians. However, they're usually not the most "nationalistic" ones.

American nationalism is usually strongest among right-wingers, and Canadian nationalism is usually strongest among left-wingers.

BTW, I'm left-wing myself, but this is just something I've noticed. I have talked to many liberal White Canadians, and you would think that the US is Afghanistan and Canada is Norway based on the way they talk.
Ah I see what you're saying