The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
GDP (total, not per capita) is dependent on immigration because we've become a very unproductive country. GDP is the last real metric Canada looks like a well-performing economy. The federal gov will do anything to keep our GDP growing even if it means no access to healthcare, skyrocketing housing costs, and a gutted middle class.

Our per capita growth is the worst in the G7. Worse than Japan!!

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cause our aggressive approach game from 10yrs plus ago would have these young heffers shook and callin' out assault...........all my early-mid 2000's Caribana on Yonge St nikkas know.......:myman:..........we were literally wolves and savages..:birdman:....shyt would DEFINITELY not fly now..:russ:...I look back and laugh cause the amount of charges I would have now. if I tried that shyt........:francis:

I got a friend out on Burlington area say the same thing. He would be shamed for what he did 10 years ago. He said he had a chic throw a drink in his face 10 years ago because he forgot who she was(he smashed). He said today she would me too him just because he forgot who she was

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Cause our aggressive approach game from 10yrs plus ago would have these young heffers shook and callin' out assault.............all my early-mid 2000's Caribana on Yonge St nikkas know.......
The amount of arm grabs and "gyal come here" that I did :wow:

Memories of countless debauchery :blessed:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you single Ontario guys meet women over there now? Is it still the apps? I hear nobody really interacts anymore. I know Toronto was frigid when it came to socializing back in the day, how can it be any worse? :russ:
Awful bro. Ppl in this city are fukking weird.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
GDP (total, not per capita) is dependent on immigration because we've become a very unproductive country. GDP is the last real metric Canada looks like a well-performing economy. The federal gov will do anything to keep our GDP growing even if it means no access to healthcare, skyrocketing housing costs, and a gutted middle class.

except there is proper way. Can easily tailor immigration more to provincial nominees just increasing population of provinces outside of ontario.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The city can't even build new hospitals because there is no hospital staff they can hire :mjlol:

Honestly if you are a new immigrant just become a psw get hired at a hospital and use their education funds to become a rpn and then continue to be an rn. I

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I went to event similar event like that
All the women in section/I swear half of them were overweight/ women recording and singing

And the brothers all in tiptop shape
Just standing in the corner with their cups
I will say current crop of bros are not aggressive with approaches vs brothers from 10 years ago
In my day (early 2000s) the wolves were out in full force.

nikkas that scared of p*ssy? :dahell:

That is pitiful :scust:

And I was never the aggressive type but i was definitely not shy.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In my day (early 2000s) the wolves were out in full force.

nikkas that scared of p*ssy? :dahell:

That is pitiful :scust:

And I was never the aggressive type but i was definitely not shy.

its much different now with metoo, smart phones , everyone got airpods in their ear, no one is talking to someone you don't know or giving time to a stranger. Saying hello or even complimenting chicks nowadays can have your face on tiktok or the shaderoom, honestly I don't blame some dudes nowadays.

I remember friday night at the mall everyone would go to the mall or in summer wonderland, cne. Kids/ younger folks don't care about those stuff anymore.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The city can't even build new hospitals because there is no hospital staff they can hire :mjlol:

Honestly if you are a new immigrant just become a psw get hired at a hospital and use their education funds to become a rpn and then continue to be an rn. I

“Message!”

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
except there is proper way. Can easily tailor immigration more to provincial nominees just increasing population of provinces outside of ontario.

The provinces will always say no though. They don't want to wait around for the tax-base increase to cover the costs of education and healthcare. It's a serious problem the way our country is structured.

Feds are in charge of immigration
Provinces are in charge of the shouldering the primary costs of immigration (education and healthcare)
Municipalities are in charge of (provinces really are but they shrug it off to municipalties) building places for people to live

Unless all three get on the same page fukking quick, Canada's pro-immigration consensus is going to change (look at the last few pages of this thread - it's aleady shifting)

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The provinces will always say no though. They don't want to wait around for the tax-base increase to cover the costs of education and healthcare. It's a serious problem the way our country is structured.

Feds are in charge of immigration
Provinces are in charge of the shouldering the primary costs of immigration (education and healthcare)
Municipalities are in charge of (provinces really are but they shrug it off to municipalties) building places for people to live

Unless all three get on the same page fukking quick, Canada's pro-immigration consensus is going to change (look at the last few pages of this thread - it's aleady shifting)

Immigration is a pseudo shared power - look at Quebec’s deals with the feds and 1867 BNA

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/agreements/federal-provincial-territorial.html#:~:text=Under%20Canada's%20Constitution%2C%20responsibility%20for,each%20other%20on%20immigration%20issues.