The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about the US as well wherever it is expensive you can go like 30min to a 45 min away and find cheaper areas. Like NYC is expensive but you can live in elizabeth, newark and get to nyc in like half n hour.

Toronto not the case, how is kitchener, hamilton, guelph, peterborough, oshawa, niagara falls etc expensive?

Wages are also low and stagnant I peep those salary videos on youtube

All those areas are getting expensive especially Oshawa since it’s closest to the GTA. Like you can’t find anything under 500,000 in Oshawa. Peterborough is a little better than Oshawa. Hamilton was decent last year but it’s crazy now. Kitchener and Niagra are expensive as shyt now. Guelph I’m not quite sure about.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Not easy to just get and move to america

Unless u can find a job that will complete Form I-129 and give u visa

Imagin how many Canadians would of left to america if the process was easier and quicker
This country would of lost million citizens :dead:

Would be empty
I mean, Canadians can live in the US for up to 6 months visa-free (and vice versa for Americans in Canada).

However, yes, this is a big reason why (along with guns) the Canadian government doesn't want an EU-style Schengen area ("no borders") with the US. A significant portion of Canadians would just move south and stay, lol.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
the only thing canada has over us is "healthcare" but any good job in the states you're getting healthcare benefits anyways

States have states that are no tax, where you can buy a house under 300k, take home most of your income and have mild winters, also car insurance what we pay for a month they pay for like 5 :heh:
Paying 43 percent tax is crazy
All that just to get trash healthcare/trash roads etc :dead:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
All those areas are getting expensive especially Oshawa since it’s closest to the GTA. Like you can’t find anything under 500,000 in Oshawa. Peterborough is a little better than Oshawa. Hamilton was decent last year but it’s crazy now. Kitchener and Niagra are expensive as shyt now. Guelph I’m not quite sure about.
Halifax/and the east coast would of been options

But no jobs in that part of the country smh

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I mean, Canadians can live in the US for up to 6 months visa-free (and vice versa for Americans in Canada).

However, yes, this is a big reason why (along with guns) the Canadian government doesn't want an EU-style Schengen area ("no borders") with the US. A significant portion of Canadians would just move south and stay, lol.

Yeah you can live but not work unless your job is remote. Even when you think of it 75,000 cdn is only 56,0000 usd

canadian salaries and our money is a damn joke

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Breh I work for a hospital

On Tax
Fed Tax
CPP
EI
Then they take health and dental out
then like 8% for a pension I can't touch till im in my 60's if God grants me life

No bonuses at the end of the year

And then out of the scraps I have left I gotta pay all my bills

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

On Tax
Fed Tax
CPP
EI
then like 8% for a pension I can't touch till im in my 60's if God grants me life

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

I remember even like 5 years ago people would look down at hamilton, brampton, ajax, pickering, oshawa etc. now those places are an arm and a leg

guelph is a little cheaper than toronto but still

500 sq foot 1 bdrm old apartment in guelph still 2 grand a month
et.png

and there are no jobs in guelph unless you working at the university.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps

On Tax
Fed Tax
CPP
EI

I work for the govt
Everyone around me at the office is struggling smh

And I can’t even remote anymore cause these Dalits forced us back to the office
Now payin 20 dollars everyday to park

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You'll soon start to see alot of people getting N12 = Notice to End your Tenancy Because the Landlord, a Purchaser or a Family Member Requires the Rental Unit – Form N12.

at these rents landlords know they'd rather evict you and take the loss for a year or whatever and then put it back up

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You'll soon start to see alot of people getting N12 = Notice to End your Tenancy Because the Landlord, a Purchaser or a Family Member Requires the Rental Unit – Form N12.

at these rents landlords know they'd rather evict you and take the loss for a year or whatever and then put it back up

say you were paying 1,800 a month and you're rent controlled = 21,600 a year

landlord gives you a n12 evict you puts that rent up to 2,500 a month they make out like abandit in the long run